Diablo® III

Please Make Game Colorblind Friendly

10/09/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Google337
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

yo tell your developer to make the ping last forever until you pick up the god damn legendary items ok?

not ping for 3 seconds and disappear..

thanks

10/09/2012 11:32 PMPosted by uwish
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

how about take a chill pill?

never needed this in D2 so why rant about it now? they could go the effitall route and not patch this feature at all.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/09/2012 11:41 PMPosted by WingsofEros
My uncle told me in 1.06 they're redesigning all of sanctuary to appear as if a rainbow puked on the map.

Whimsey west?
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:39 PMPosted by StarFox
They have to make the game retard proof.

Seriously, you can tell your parents paid for the game on a credit card for you, what next, mom jokes?

Grow up!
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 12:52 AMPosted by Altairaquila
Why does blizzard not allow us play the game in offline mod, like what they did for Starcraft 2 ? If you want to play with your friends or others, switch to online mod, otherwise offline, enjoy yourself. I have to say it is really incontinent to play this game.Because it is impossible to have internet connection all the time .A game is meant to be played, if we cant play it whenever we want, the game will lose its meaning. Personal option . Sincerely wish one day we can play Diablo 3 on offline mod. No lag.

Because if they do that then all of the item drops/rates will have to be hard coded probably onto your system and people probably would find a way to manipulate those files. They dont have to worry about dupes and cheaters in SC2. Also if your running offline all of the time whats to say you couldnt have several machines running gold hunter bots all day undetected then go online and sell it all. Atleast they have some IP related controls by having the game be online.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Awhile ago one of the CM's said that we won't have mythical fairies drop legendaries in our inventories when they drop. I think that is a great idea, I hate looting items, imo it reduces some of the fun of monster smashing especially when the loot is unrewarding.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Bullay

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

god you people will whine about anything

Exactly. This was actually requested by someone here. I remember reading the thread about those specific ideas.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:39 PMPosted by StarFox
They have to make the game retard proof.

Somebody behind you, off the screen stopped to kill the little gouls who climb up the walls. A legendary drops for you, off these mobs. You don't see it as its off the screen, and you continue on with the rest of the party.

How many times does this happen? You wouldn't know.
How many 200m legendaries did you leave behind? You'll never know.

I am interested in seeing how many alert/notifications I get for things off my screen or behind the group. I really am.
Reply Quote

"We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible"

That is complete BS... sorry. I had the same problem in WoW, I never cried about it to anyone other than friends though... Because other people have bigger problems to endure in life such as being crippled and still playing.. makes me feel stupid.

However it is hard for me to see the differance between blue/purple and yellow/green, being red/green colorblind. If you do your best to make it colorblind friendly you could have done something from the get go... you had to have learned this in WoW... because there was no item rating on it at one point determining epic vs blue.. i had to figure it out and feel retarded asking a friend if that is a blue or purple... Ok thats the end of my rant sorry, i usually let it go but been holding it in and just saw this thread..

People flipping out about it though should calm down a bit.. as there are others far worse off doing there best such as the quadropulegic guy on twitch playing gw2 and what have you.
Reply Quote

Thanks. Act 2 sand area needs this the most. That area is very bright and hard to see "bronze" color.
Reply Quote
Somebody complained to riot games about the lack of a colorblind mode, and they added it the next day.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Norc

Okay, so, speaking as a colorblind player, while I am grateful for the legendary fix (it is badly needed), your colorblindness support is incredibly lacking in this game. Here are the four major, major issues remaining:

• Your health bars are red on black. I cannot read a monsters health bar without squinting at it really hard. It all just looks black.
  • The health globes are red on dark backgrounds. At a glance, the globe looks exactly the same to me when it is completely full and nearly completely empty. I play Hardcore. This is a problem.
  • Set pieces and rares look exactly the same. The yellow of rares and the green of the set pieces are completely interchangeable for me, just as others have mentioned
  • The colorblind mode, eet does nothing. I honestly have no earthly idea what the colorblind mode changes. After discussing the mode with other colorblind players, they have no idea either. This is either brilliant trolling or a very poorly implemented function.

I know this will probably get lost in the morass that is the forums, but it badly needs to be said.

P.S.- On an entertaining/pathetic note, I played Diablo 2 for about 9 years as a Barbarian before I realized the world turns green when you are poisoned.

100% true and it proves this feature is not for color-blind players as it is now being labeled as. This is for farm efficiency only.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
10/09/2012 08:07 PMPosted by ymwong
I wish they had a function where you could change the colors in the game to make it so color blind people could tell the difference between a set drop and a rare. I'm sure a lot of other people have problems too...

you don't pick everything up?
Reply Quote

P.S.- On an entertaining/pathetic note, I played Diablo 2 for about 9 years as a Barbarian before I realized the world turns green when you are poisoned.

Amazing you regained the ability to see color after 9 years. Playing diablo obviously helped you and you should owe them every dime you earn as no doctor would have done this for you.

From what I understand trolls are naturally colorblind... so maybe if they just quit their practice they'll be cured as well.
Reply Quote
I agree with the option to toggle. At least the sound effect portion.

I vote to up the player count in-game to 8.
Reply Quote
Can you please make a braille monitor/update so people of the totally blind can play this game?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:46 PMPosted by veightkiller
This made me laugh.

Sheer stupidity is generally pretty funny.
Reply Quote
The game wasnt designed to race through and skip loots, its a grinding game, stop and look at what drops. I'm one eyed and visually impaired, I have programs on my pc that help me with that.
That being said, instead of rays of light or maybe coordinated with it. Have an option to only display xxx type of drop or higher? ex. only display uncommon or higher>> only display legandary or something like that? Or perhaps larger font for more "important" items. Font size =1 for common, =3 for blues,=5 for legendaries? Perhaps let us change the color items are displayed in? I do have some issues distinguishing between white and yellow.

Tryin to give ideas, same time, people should really stop and look at what drops.....its a grind n loot game, not race cars
Reply Quote
I've no arms, and have to type with my one working toe. I would like some kind of neural interface to the game by the next patch, please.

p.s. It took me three days to type this. I know, the post originated 14 hours ago, but when it takes you three days to type a poor troll, you have to be a little proactive.
Edited by brownaye#1657 on 10/10/2012 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]