Diablo® III

Please Make Game Colorblind Friendly

10/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

This makes me pretty damn happy. I've played quite a bit and I've picked up 4 legendary items and one set item. I've run with a ton of MF and I've run with no mf. I have no idea how many I've missed. My father has looked over my shoulder on two of my legendary drops that I missed and said "Whoa dude look closer." I kept fairly quiet about this stuff as I figured they'd fix it eventually and I was very excited when I saw that .05 notes. I'm red/orange color blind and that makes act 3 runs very aggravating.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/09/2012 11:34 PMPosted by CREAM
please, please add an option "enable legendary notification" or something so that we can turn the sound on/off seperately.

Yes, because legendary items drop with such regularity that this could become a major source of annoyance.
Reply Quote
If we whine s'more. They might hand out cookies!
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Google337
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

yo tell your developer to make the ping last forever until you pick up the god damn legendary items ok?

not ping for 3 seconds and disappear..

thanks

This.

It is ridiculous how short time it pings (tested it myself). Imagine being in battle with several mobs together with three friends. All the sound effects and so on. If it drops outside your visual range and you are too focused on the battle you still may miss a legendary drop. For most people it is probably nearly impossible to miss a legendary in 1.0.5 but nontheless it is not so hard to add a text message in the chat box and let the ping stay till the item is picked up (make that optional btw).
Reply Quote

P.S.- On an entertaining/pathetic note, I played Diablo 2 for about 9 years as a Barbarian before I realized the world turns green when you are poisoned.

Amazing you regained the ability to see color after 9 years. Playing diablo obviously helped you and you should owe them every dime you earn as no doctor would have done this for you.

From what I understand trolls are naturally colorblind... so maybe if they just quit their practice they'll be cured as well.

I realized that the world looked kind of weird sometimes in D2, but I didn't think much of it. Finally, a friend of mine mentioned it, and it made sense when I looked at it more closely.

The point is that color is a very subtle effect for colorblind people, and because color is tricksy, we tend not to rely on it for very much or even notice it unless we absolutely have to.

Also, yes, you caught me, I am a troll; I like to put well thought out, uncomplaining posts on this forum and it really pisses people off!
Reply Quote
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible

With the state of the game currently, I would hope that there would be less trolling by the blues. I have a hard time seeing my cursor sometimes with all the action going on so could you please change the cursor to a pair of breasts? Also, what are the devs doing to make this game more accessible to just straight up blind people. I find it morally reprehensible that those with vision have such an advantage over other gamers. Ever hear of the ADA?
Reply Quote
+1

I think we also need options to make the mouse cursor more visible, ie. change it's size, color or even make it flash. It's sometimes really hard to see when there's a lot going on.
Reply Quote
I've no arms, and have to type with my one working toe. I would like some kind of neural interface to the game by the next patch, please.

p.s. It took me three days to type this. I know, the post originated 14 hours ago, but when it takes you three days to type a poor troll, you have to be a little proactive.

Very funny jackhole there actually are some quadros that still play video games using a cheek mouse interface and a pen in their mouth... die in a fire
Reply Quote

Awesome! Thanks
Reply Quote
why not a text box like always

you kill 5 barrels and you get your text box, this is kind of more important than a barrel (sorry my english)
Reply Quote
76 Night Elf Hunter
Just put out 1.0.5 for god sake!
Reply Quote
You could start by removing the seizure inducing lightning in the Spires of Act 4.
Reply Quote
I could not agree more about needing mulitple cursors to choose from.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare
Community Manager

There's no reason making the ping if you aren't going to make the ping visible enough to alert the player, man!
Reply Quote
Solution: play the rick roll jingle on legendary/set drop :D!?
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Bezzell
I could not agree more about needing mulitple cursors to choose from.

I want a huge pink Hello kitty cursor :D
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:41 PMPosted by BakedCoolaid
please, please add an option "enable legendary notification" or something so that we can turn the sound on/off seperately.

I can agree with this. I was afraid of this I have went backwards once before an seen a legendary on the ground. was pretty shocked. but a constant ping could help more as option.
,along with an option to leave all loot visible on the ground as well... "permanent alt."

Permanent alt already exists just change how the alt key works to on/off in options gameplay.
Reply Quote
YESS this needs to happen. Its so hard for me to tell the difference between a rare and set item. and also showing (legendary) drops on the mini map will be sick!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]