Diablo® III

Blizzard, a serious word regarding meteor

While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

thats it ... this post is so ignorant it made me laugh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
So basically what blizzard is saying they are nerfing wizards now and going to fix core design issues later. Why am I neither surprised nor impressed.
Edited by Gorghor#1592 on 10/4/2012 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance.

Lets see...

CM/Nova = broken 1.05
CM/Blizzard/Meteor = broken 1.05
CM/Spektral Tank Sorc = broken 1.05
AO/Archon = broken 1.05

Yupp, thats balance indeed.

I wrote it 100 times before, and i write it again... what about :

* Ray of Frost
* Arcane Torrent
* Disintegrate
* Slow Time
* Wave of Force
* Ice Armor
* Storm Armor
* Mirror Image

Didnt you Guys said something about Storm Armor being buffed? Where at? honestly ?
I've invested Craploads of Gold into my Sorc, even bought many many pieces on the RMAH...if the Patch goes live like that, the Sorc Class is broken.

Why shouldnt i cash out right now and quit completly?

I mean, i got Resident Evil 6 laying right in Front of me...
Xcom next Week
Walking Dead Episode 3 didnt touch yet, 4 coming soon.
and SW:Tor 1.4 also ready to go...

I dont need to play the Game, and since you !@#$ up the Class even more with each Patch, i really wonder why i keep sticking around.
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/4/2012 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

Thanks for your efforts to buff that skill and step backward to nerf it twice harder, why not just leave it as it is in the patch 1.04.
Reply Quote
With the changes of proc coefficient´s in many skills not just Meteor the wizard has become unplayable for most of the Players.

We now lack completly in def... and yet we still have sooo many damn useless midrange spells or close range.

Kiting so $)"ing inefficient .. to be honest .. it just doesn t work!

and btw ... apoc broken, loh broken and so on
Edited by Tristan#1157 on 10/4/2012 2:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Feels like Blizz doesn´t even realize it was a net nerf for Meteor! -_-

If only they would lower AP Costs or increase DMG for Meteoer accordingly. But even that´s too much asked.
Edited by DaniW#2270 on 10/4/2012 2:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch.

Blizzard really thinks we are the idiots ... let me tell u we have read every single word of everything u wrote. And besides u .. we have actually tested it on the PTR ... becouse unless like u we actually play the game and try things out!

And now u wanna tell us .. we just don t understand the whole package?!
Reply Quote
The blue comment is basically an utterly delusional line of reasoning devoid of any rational logic (or EVIDENCE) leading to an increasingly frustrating and boring game.

If you're gonna treat your ENTIRE player base like they were stupid, then I hope you are ready to deal with the long term consequences.

Think Blizzard .... THINK.
Reply Quote
I found the ultimate build for 1.0.5 now. Due to the fact that any skill that is useful is getting nerfed by Blizzard every single patch, i asked myself: "How can i make a char that's not getting nerfed next patch, making my whole equipment useless again" And here is the solution: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UQedjk!cah!YbZYcc

As you can see, all the skills/runes are perfectly viable in any situation and don't need any further nerfing like all the evil op skills the blue man group is talking about.
Enjoy the last build that will be left after the next, let's say, 4 patches.

/and yes, that was a sarcasm post
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 10/4/2012 2:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't need the meteor "buff". can you guys just leave it as it is in patch 1.04. that will be grateful.

from your once sincere fan
Reply Quote
I found the ultimate build for 1.0.5 now. Due to the fact that any skill that is useful is getting nerfed by Blizzard every single patch, i asked myself: "How can i make a char that's not getting nerfed next patch, making my whole equipment useless again" And here is the solution: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UQedjk!cah!YbZYcc

As you can see, all the skills/runes are perfectly viable in any situation and don't need any further nerfing like all the evil op skills the blue man group is talking about.
Enjoy the last build that will be left after the next, let's say, 4 patches.

/and yes, that was a sarcasm post

hey! your build looks fine. it may work!
Reply Quote

hey! your build looks fine. it may work!

It's nice isn't it ?
I mean, even with my pre 1.0.5.let's.kill.all.wizards patch Build i had 10% of the farming speed of a Barb for only 900% more Gold invested into the equip.
And since wizard is perfectly balanced (see the totally competent blue post), i must have been playing the wrong way, so maybe this uberbuild will turn the tide now.
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 10/4/2012 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys quit complaining, its simple, they dont want us to use Archon or CM, they are EXPLOIT BUILDS in their eyes, they want us to play as we started, throw down a hydra and run. Epic Wizard...

I mean, they are really really trying so so hard to make people quit the game, my god, they are good at it.

While same time people who play with DH just troll around the whole level in minutes with using infinite vaulting with crazy movement speed and using gloom to infinity so they never even die while dealing insane amounts of dps.

Barbs just WW the whole level with speed as DH-s, total faceroll in PTR, working as intended.
Edited by Platoon#2200 on 10/4/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I also would recommend using shock pulse with fire bolt rune!

Did they ever look at that spell .. .crawling orange lightning on the ground which disappear in midrange... and that u call fire bolts! I have never seen any mage using that spell ... and thats not just one ..we have many of this useless spells!
Edited by Tristan#1157 on 10/4/2012 3:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Tristan: That was a comment that will get some blue attention. Proc rate of Fire Bolt will be 50%. NN to lok where´s at right now. And than we doubled it uselessness.
Reply Quote
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

These nerfs you keep doing, do not only nerf the skills, you are also nerfing our APoC and LoH, you are not "balancing the class" you are "destroying" it.

Also, you use words like "Anticipate" and "Roughly" that the skill will work more or less the same, like it currently is in 1.0.4? How can that be when all the procs have been reduced by half? If your claims are correct, then why make any changes at all? After all it will be more or less the same as it is now in 1.0.4....

10/03/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Darion
Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance

Good phrase, but the problem is you dont balance, you nerf things.
balance will be reduce the proc by 20% 30%, see how it works with new values, if its still unbalance, you move down a bit more.

Why dony you learn a bit from the starcraf2 team? they balance things really well, they move little numbers until find the perfect balance. Thats the way, you cant expect to half the number of procs and say "OK WE GOT BALANCE!"

I dont understand why the diablo team is so stubborn and do things like you do. that is not the way to find balance. You should start doing more micro adjustment to the PTR, instead of huge changes.

^This^
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 03:05 AMPosted by DaniW
@ Tristan: That was a comment that will get some blue attention. Proc rate of Fire Bolt will be 50%. NN to lok where´s at right now. And than we doubled it uselessness.

And they gonna lower the Arcanecost by 5 !!!

That totally gonna cut it, and makes the spell supper awsome !!!
Reply Quote
Thank you Blizzard. Due to your effort, I have already quited WOW, which was very addictive to me. And now, you are driving me and many other blizzard fans away from D3. What a release.
someone tell me is tl2 and gw2 good? I am tired of any blizzard "games". do someone still call D3 a game? no fun= no game.
Reply Quote
Thank you Blizzard. Due to your effort, I have already quited WOW, which was very addictive to me. And now, you are driving me and many other blizzard fans away from D3. What a release.
someone tell me is tl2 and gw2 good? I am tired of any blizzard "games". do someone still call D3 a game? no fun= no game.

its just not about the game ... or the fun ... its about money!
Reply Quote

Then just nerf CM or remove it please and give us back all the proc rate. tqvm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]