Diablo® III

Blizzard, a serious word regarding meteor

just nerf forst nova
i want the proc coefficient back
Reply Quote
Yeeeah, it's obvious that Blizz wants to keep having us re-gear. At the least I have no confidence that any build or gear set up will have any kind of 'safety' from getting gutted, especially with that cryptic statement about re-balancing our synergies.

I refuse to go back to kiting. I don't particularly like archon. I really like being a melee wiz. If they are going to gut CM and FN specs, then at least buff our defense in other ways, instead of nerfing that too, since about 50% of our skills and spells are melee ranged. Obviously Blizz intended that we have the option to be a melee wiz, so why these types of nerfs are being made is beyond me.

Ultimately, especially when compared to the treatment of barbs...this may well be the capper for me. Game's just not fun anymore with the constant pulling of the rug out from under our feet. If 1.05 kills the melee builds, then I think I'm about done. *Shrug* Really too bad.
Reply Quote
So, they officially state that the reason for the nerf is CC uptime.

SO HOW ABOUT NERFING CRITICAL MASS OR THE CC SPELL DIRECTLY, NOT EVERYTHING ELSE!
Reply Quote
What are the guys at blizzard even payed for?
This answer makes absolutly no sense. Fix CM and cooldown but don't destroy everything just to adress one minor issue.
Or do this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758727169
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

Wasn't there just a major patch to balance all the skills? Can't your team ever get it right?
Reply Quote
I *still* don't understand why they can't just leave it alone until they figure out what they want to do.
Reply Quote
yep... leave the procs alone. listen to the OP. Don't ruin our game.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/04/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Darkrox
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch.

Translation: You should notice, that we nerfed other skills too, so why you cry about this one ?

Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage, but also the Monster Power system, and numerous crowd control improvements.

Translation: Why don't you guys play Barb ? We buffed him and even gave him extra difficulty levels, cause the normal game is far too easy for him.

Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime

Translation: You shouldn't have been able to play your stupid Wizards anymore after that patch...the fact you were still able to play by using meteor was a mistake so we fixed it.

10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

Translation: Efficiency is good, as long as you are a Barb, otherwise you have no right to have fun in this game. We try to nerf Wizard to the point it should have been in 1.0.4 already.

The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

Translation: We nerfed anything we could by changing proc coefficents, now we'll destroy all that's left by hardcoding the last nerfs until you all play Barb, haha damn wizards..uh did i write that now ? crap...

lol QFFT
Reply Quote
Meteor has never been 'very strong'. It costs way too much for the limited % dmg increase. It wasn't being used for its damage _ever_. It was being used for it's proc rate. Thus, you should think about reducing its cost or increasing its damage _dramatically_ to make up for:
a) having a delay
b) having no proc rate
c) having a large cdr

This skill does not warrant occupying a slot, it never did... UNTIL it was the only remaining skill that could benefit from CM procs.

I agree that numbers are not enough to fix where the wizard is right now, but until you can get around to resolving some of the major problems, throw us a bone and actually buff some skills enough so we can actually use them please. If you can put ToC at 1500%, I see 0 harm at putting meteor at 400% damage. I bet it still wouldn't be used by many people. PUT A SERIOUS DAMAGE VALUE ON THIS SPELL.
Edited by SilentWrath#1359 on 10/4/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This stupid team should be fired!
Reply Quote
Compared to this, even Hellgate London was a masterpiece^^
Reply Quote
Why not just add a con to CM? So CM still reduces cd's by 1 second on every crit but also doubles the cooldown of the defensive spells (the category), or just increase the cool down of frost nova when CM is a passive? this way non-cm users (as in people not playing inferno) dont have to suffer and 100% CC can be reduced without ruining our proc rates.
Honestly i love the wizard, favourite class. I used to run slow time and wave of force since i liked watching the projectiles get shot back. But later, spells like slow time and wave of force are useless due to the low-magnitudes of their effects and the ridiculous cooldowns (which i was forced to use CM to compensate for) If your so worried about 100% CC from frost nova, make other skills more viable. Make illusions useful, and tbh I'm annoyed wave of force does 200% dmg when calamity on teleport does 265%...
not saying nerf calamity, it was useless before it did that dmg, but make wave of force either more viable. the only difference is the fact that wave of force knocks back projectiles, but calamity rune allows me to escape/rush enemies while knocking them back giving me time to breath. Wave of Force and other such skills should be buffed. Otherwise ill just stick to using dmg buffs and running around a1 inferno with signature skills.
Reply Quote

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

Thanks for the explanation. I think the core problem is "Critical Mass". :(

100% agree. Many of our 'powerful' skills are balanced by cdr. Because of CM, they have extremely high cdr, forcing people to use CM to use them effectively. Of course the community is going to rage when the only thing making half our skills viable is being nerfed into the ground. If CM didn't exist, the cdr on all of these skills could be dropped dramatically, and giving us another passive slot (granted our passives suck, but that's another matter).

I want to see CM removed, it will be a massive benefit to our skills (they will all have their cdr's put back in a far better balanced place).
Reply Quote
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

You are absolutely right. Now in any top500 ranking meteor shows up no more than 2%, according to diabloprogress.com. The nerf would not make it MUCH worse than that...
Reply Quote
So everyone was using WW, then it was nerfed and everyone was using SC. It looked like metor would be the next thing to be used, but since it got nerfed we're just back to WW? I knew meteor would be nerfed.
Reply Quote
sounds like Star pact will be useless now, thankfully I rerolled a WD ages ago so you wrecking on my former favorite classes spell doesn't change my gameplay much. Sorry wizards that Blizz North doesn't understand why you start a nerf at 10-20% and go down instead of always using 50% values as their jumping off point.
Reply Quote
The amount of anger in this thread reminds me of the time I came across a bunch of Wizards who spent real money on their gear, only to have it nerfed.

Whoopsie.
Reply Quote
Ooooooh they just updated PTR patch notes... Looks like Disintegrate is getting a buff!!

Disintegrate
Arcane Power cost reduced from 20 to 18 per period
Weapon damage increased from 155% to 170%
Skill Rune - Chaos Nexus
Weapon damage increased from 40% to 44%
Skill Rune - Entropy
Weapon damage increased from 178% to 196%
Skill Rune - Intesify
Weapon damage increased from 202% to 221%

Thanks for listening Blizz!!

..(long pause)

..NOT!
Reply Quote
Thanks for making my 2billion wizz useless blizzard....No im not gooing to roll BARB like 90% of the community....

im out..
Reply Quote
Oh dear, they still don't listen and destroy our class. Hell, I hope that patch will never get live. damn. Oh and a big big lol about desinterate. now you know ehat blizz is working on...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]