Diablo® III

Blizzard, a serious word regarding meteor

Guys, guys! We can stop complaining! Blizzard listened to us!! WEEEEHOOOOO!!1!!11!!

Disintegrate:

- Arcane Power cost reduced from 20 to 18 per period
- Weapon damage increased from 155% to 170%
- Skill Rune - Chaos Nexus
Weapon damage increased from 40% to 44%
- Skill Rune - Entropy
Weapon damage increased from 178% to 196%
- Skill Rune - Intesify
Weapon damage increased from 202% to 221%

Oh wait no.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Oxygene
Oh dear, they still don't listen and destroy our class. Hell, I hope that patch will never get live. damn. Oh and a big big lol about desinterate. now you know ehat blizz is working on...

It's cuz their heads are too far up their asses to know what the REAL problem is... It's not that Disintegrate needed a damage buff you !@#$!@#$%! IT'S THAT WE STILL CAN'T USE IT IN INFERNO BECAUSE OUR DEFENSIVE ABILITIES WILL STILL BE GARBAGE UNLESS YOU FIX THAT FIRST!

Sorry for caps. I'm raging right now.

Guys, guys! We can stop complaining! Blizzard listened to us!! WEEEEHOOOOO!!1!!11!!

Disintegrate:

- Skill Rune - Entropy
- Skill Rune - Intesify

Oh wait no.

I already beat ya to it. Check the previous page =P
Edited by TheMoj#1726 on 10/4/2012 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 12:20 PMPosted by TheMoj
Oh dear, they still don't listen and destroy our class. Hell, I hope that patch will never get live. damn. Oh and a big big lol about desinterate. now you know ehat blizz is working on...

It's cuz their heads are too far up their asses to know what the REAL problem is... It's not that Disintegrate needed a damage buff you !@#$!@#$%! IT'S THAT WE STILL CAN'T USE IT IN INFERNO BECAUSE OUR DEFENSIVE ABILITIES WILL STILL BE GARBAGE UNLESS YOU FIX THAT FIRST!

Sorry for caps. I'm raging right now.

I already beat ya to it. Check the previous page =P
Damn ye xD haha.

Common cause! :D
Reply Quote
buff disintegrate?

lol wtf?

I guess when they threw the dart it hit disintegrate this time.

I hope the next time they throw their darts it lands on something that actually helps the wizard.
Reply Quote
Glad to see we got a 10% buff to disintegrate. Wait, what ever happened to...

So, as a general rule, if a change that we feel- the number change is not at least 15 to 25 percent, we don’t even bother making it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/22/diablo-3-patch-1-05-interview-with-jay-wilson-and-wyatt-cheng/
Reply Quote

So, as a general rule, if a change that we feel- the number change is not at least 15 to 25 percent, we don’t even bother making it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/22/diablo-3-patch-1-05-interview-with-jay-wilson-and-wyatt-cheng/

everything that comes out of blizzards mouth is like a fish out of water.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 10/4/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
buff disintegrate?

I hope the next time they throw their darts it lands on something that actually helps the wizard.

Apparently they think our role is to deal 10% more dps while standing completely still, but not using DS or frost nova to stay alive.
Reply Quote
buff disintegrate?

lol wtf?

I guess when they threw the dart it hit disintegrate this time.

maybe they will throw a http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/active/poison-dart and it will land in J.W :P

seriously though, sometimes i wonder what they are thinking. those patch notes dont even mention the stealth changes people have found. one would think if people found such changes AND many threads labeled them on the ptr forum then they would at least put them in the notes.
Reply Quote
When J.W. passes away in the future, his gravestone will say: "I came. I saw. I Jay Wilson'd"
Reply Quote
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage, but also the Monster Power system, and numerous crowd control improvements.

Excuse!

10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact

You reduced WW from 16 to 10 (62.5%), yet meteor is only 60 to 50 (83%)?
Loaded for bear - 304% dmg and 4mini bombs that do 100% each. 50 hatred (40% of hatred)
Wall of light - 565% dmg and 45% in a line. 75 spirit (50% of spirit)
Smash(hammer of the ancients) - 406% wpn dmg and 5% increased crit chance. 20 fury (20% of fury)

extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime

Then why don't you reduce it from 0.25 to 0.2?
Every buff is like 10% or up to 30%, but a nerf is reduce by half?
We would like you apply your method of nerfing to buffing, double the damage or proc rate of those unused skills

The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds

Cut in half is not tunning
The reason people use meteor is its high proc rate. Its damage is a joke with delay time. Why just use arcane orb? It has similar damage per ap and it hardly miss.

skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment

If you really don't have time to look into wizard's skills, just leave it there, stop random nerfing or buffing
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh boy, I finally got my wish for them to make entropy viable!! I only asked for this like 50 times!! hmmm....

-Still going to need CM/FN/DS coz it's melee.
-Still going to need a sig to help with CM procs and AP recovery.
-Taking a hit will still break your channel, making it useless with arcane dynamo.
-Still going to get rocked and lose 100% of your DPS whenever there is frozen, desecrate, arcane, molten, or any mobs that stun you or CC you in anyway.

-Okay, those things were negative but this damage bonus will make it super awesome in a1 @ MP0!!
Reply Quote
Don´t get it .. everyone is talking about the proc coefficients and giving massive feedback, showing solutions, problems and so on!

And they just buffed a Skill no one was complaining about.. seriously don´t u read the forum! Sometimes u really deserve all the hate and rage from the community .. u nearly beg for it!
Edited by Tristan#1157 on 10/4/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That was the bone we´ve been asking for! Next step will be ofc to reduce the proc by 50%. But than again, we´ll have to see the whole picture of the new appealing desintegrate.
Edited by DaniW#2270 on 10/4/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nice boost for disintegrate.... if you are playing normal or nightmare rofl....
Reply Quote
But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient)

''There's no such thing as too much power''.
Reply Quote

Disintegrate:

- Skill Rune - Entropy
- Skill Rune - Intesify

Oh wait no.

this sent me into a fit of laughter...
I believe cm Wiz is still viable, but as more of a support class than a solo
I still get statements like "Man, this is much easier with you here" in the PTR, so as long as they dont nerf it further.. we will be fine I guess
Reply Quote
Disintegrate
Arcane Power cost reduced from 20 to 18 per period
-- [1]
Weapon damage increased from 155% to 170%
-- [2]
Skill Rune - Chaos Nexus
-- [3]
Skill Rune - Entropy
-- [4]
Skill Rune - Intensify
-- [5]

[1] hardly noticeable. After 5 ticks I'll be at 10 mana, instead of 0
[2] 15% boost on a CHANNEL? We can't move to cast it!!! This should be more like 300%!
[3] .. ... really? 4% boost? Why even bother? All you're really doing with this one is potentially pissing people off more. Rubbing our noses in the dirt essentially.
[4 - 5] Base damage for Disintegrate should be upwards of 300% minimal theory even required. These % buffs may seem significant, but for a rune to push a damage up to well below a minimum required line is simply not good enough. Intensify will not feel any more 'intense' I assure you.

I'm trying to remain calm here, and clear. I do appreciate a spell finally getting some buffs, but these buffs are simply not good enough. Not even close to good enough.
Edited by SilentWrath#1359 on 10/4/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This. So much, this.
Reply Quote
I love Diablo 3 and I play every day but I had to retire my wizard which I played since game release due to all the changes. I can't say I care or not about the 1.05 patch because wizard specifically has been altered in more ways than any other class. There is absolutely no build diversity; you bounce around from one spec/playstyle to another as they're swiftly nerfed/changed. It can be especially frustrating when you put time into getting gear for a certain type of spec and it's completely useless and or different in how it functions next month. I still love to play diablo on my HC WD but I am extremely disappointed in how wizard turned out to be.
Edited by Harrower#1804 on 10/4/2012 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its Blizzard guys.... they're good at number crunching.
Lowering Arcanecost here by 5, increasing weapondmg there by 10%...
Fixing the cause, and maybe replace useless / boring Skills would actually requite WORK.

Best example i can give you...
The Community is asking a long time now for a NPC that identifys All Items at once with 1 Click...kinda like Cain in D2.
Blizzards solution = reducing the Time it takes to identify a item from 2.5 (?) to 1 Second.
2 Numbers changed... and blizzard is done.
Coding a NPC that identifies all Items would take much more time.

The Witchdoctor was completly overhault, granted...but only because it was the most useless class in history.
The next one will be the Sorc.

Look at the other Class changes... its only Number crunching.
I mean, they RUN THE GAME... dont they see what people farming Inferno Act3 actually use Skillwise?
Dont they KNOW what needs to be done to make bad Skills / Runes more viable?

apperently not...
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/4/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]