Diablo® III

Blizzard, a serious word regarding meteor

LOL due to this change they just should give us our procs back they MUST because we will now need that LoH more then ever... HAHAHA really Blizzard I don't get you after this hits anything other then Archon is usless for MP3-5 and behond that even Archon will be useless.. Someone explain to me where they want wizards to be..
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Tooj
but as a geared up it became much easier

You see, that's the reason they nerfed it. You need to keep regearing to feed the AH.
Reply Quote
No wonder Diablo 3 is only worth $10 now. I would trade my copy in for $10 if I could.
Reply Quote
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

How about an increase in AOE? I have a pretty traditional build (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#biQPSO!YcW!bbYYcc), but I can really only use Cold Blooded with Blizzard. I tried it with Meteor/ Comet, and it doesn't work as well for a few reasons:

I had to remove Arcane Dynamo for a passive JUST to get sufficient AP to cast Meteor/ Comet. For example, the cast delay coupled with the small AOE means there's a decent chance I might miss. While it is powerful, I believe there should still be a slight buff to actually benefit almost 100% of the time from its high DMG. I think making the cost to use it lower, or increase in AOE would be a great change.
Edited by BBopMcJiggy#1307 on 10/11/2012 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why are we not bumping this?
Reply Quote
Just for the sake of necro bump... and before welcoming "How to offset proc rate nerf" may I ask how much is more? Oh wait tell me... is it double?
Reply Quote
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

with all due respect,
you are doing it the wrong way...
let pple decide the way they want to play and let em choose/find a build on their own
dont create builds for them and nerf everything discovered by non blizz employees.
Reply Quote
How to offset proc rate nerf

- More crit chance
- More ias
- Perfect APOC gear
- More loh

you're welcome

so people should upgrade their gear because blizzard things that wizards should be balanced around critical mass?

Why not just nerf critical mass? I was planning on trying out a wizard but then i saw the nerfs and decided not to
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Nanaki
so people should upgrade their gear because blizzard things that wizards should be balanced around critical mass?

So what if I do not want to CM in my build, but something else (because I may like some other skills/passives)? Is it viable or CM is the one-viable/overpowered build (like double tornado for barb)?
Do I have my skills nerfed even if I do not use a critical mass?

Weird...
Reply Quote

You call it balance, but how do you justify that a barbarian can play on MP10 with ease while all other characters struggle even with MP below 5. Where's the balance in that?

I guess you do have some sort of balance. You make the game easy for 50% of the players, and you completely !@#$ it up for the other 50%. Good job.
Reply Quote
[quote]
You call it balance, but how do you justify that a barbarian can play on MP10 with ease while all other characters struggle even with MP below 5. Where's the balance in that?

I guess you do have some sort of balance. You make the game easy for 50% of the players, and you completely !@#$ it up for the other 50%. Good job.

/sign

and btw. where are the great legendaries?
what useless set bonuses do u have 4 us?
can u explain why chantodos will can't have a open socket and ll?

this is why u have to close the beta and start the right game
--> and not refurbish all the remaining usefull skills into trash

but wait, u can make money again and again by forcing the user to regear over and over

[SAD]
Reply Quote
How to offset proc rate nerf

- More crit chance
- More ias
- Perfect APOC gear
- More loh

you're welcome

Why not just nerf critical mass? I was planning on trying out a wizard but then i saw the nerfs and decided not to

Well there is another very simple solution to offsetting a proc rate nerf. Do not rely solely on critical mass but add -meteor cost. You can get -19 to meteor cost (the cost for these items should not be too high). With 35 base you would be at a cost of 16.

Now lets say you would go with an Dualbuild: -15 Meteor cost (SoJ, Offhand and an 1.05 Maras), 30 arcane power on crit, 50% cc and 1.5 aps.

You will be spending 20 ap per shot and 30 per second. With regeneration you'll be at 18 arcane power/second. At 0.10625 proc rate and 50% crit rate you will have a chance of 0.053125 to get 30 AP. Assuming you will hit a minimum of 3 monster the chance will go up to .159375 AP per shot and 0.2390625 per second. This should average out on 7.17185 AP/second gained, which would allow you to cast about 10 - 15 meteors easily.

If you go for -19 resource cost you probably would be able to cast meteors without having to resort to another skill considering running time and Power Hungry passive (compare it to demon hunters: a lot of some actually depend on resource regeneration from Vengeance. Why not consider using Power Hungry and Critical Mass or changing from Critical Mass to Power Hungry).
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Akronnis
ut they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime

Then nerf Critical Mass. When you nerf the proc, it's not just CM is affected. It significantly reduce LoH and APoC as well. The fact that we wizard get half the LoH that of any other class is just wrong.

LOL.

WD has ONE skill that still procs LoH
Reply Quote
Easy solution if you like meteor, make a barb and play it until there is a patch that fixes wiz. I've already sold over 50% of my wiz gear and the rest is in AH. I find as a newish and poorish player that I just can't afford to make an effective wizard past MP3. And even at that, for the price I can have a much better (IE Faster) barb and have more of a chance to find that one item I need to boost my bankroll. Perhaps someday I'll have a billion gold and be able to play wizard, or perhaps wizard will get enough buffs to be relatively efficient, until then on rolls the barb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]