Diablo® III

Zumi boots is BIS for Barb

The 8% poison damage is incredible for barbs especially 2H barbs. Gives me +9k damage over my previous 130str boots. You can check my profile. Got one with str and AR, buy it now before it goes up! You hear it here first.
Edited by Fabuloso#1997 on 10/3/2012 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm, I will definately look into these boots. I need a movement speed boost. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Do u need a posion dmg wep for the bonus?
Reply Quote
No, you need physical damage weapon like a skorn weapon. The poison damage actually means convert 8% of physical damage into poison.
Reply Quote
Works the best with a "black" weapon like Skorn and Echoing Fury. Hmmm might need to look into that when the AH comes back up...
Reply Quote
Fab, thanks for sharing! May I know how much you paid for your boots?
Reply Quote
so this raises sheet dps by 7-8%? and only on a physical weapon? interesting.
Edited by BlueTaco#1331 on 10/3/2012 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Demoo
Fab, thanks for sharing! May I know how much you paid for your boots?

Got mine for 40mil. Those low int with str spawn is consider "low roll" for WD lol. The int does gives a good amount of AR though.
Edited by Fabuloso#1997 on 10/3/2012 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:42 AMPosted by BlueTaco
so this raises sheet dps by 7-8%? and only on a physical weapon? interesting.

Yes, like what AMazzing says, works best for skorn and echo fury user.
Reply Quote
I prefer legacy ones for straight dps
Reply Quote
Prefer Ice Climbers for overall emphasis on DPS and EHP.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 08:55 AMPosted by acrimony

Well depends on what you weapon you use. For me, for a boot to roll more dps than Zumi it needs to roll 297 str WITH run speed. Guess how much such boots cost...

EHP you are right however 2H rend player doesn't need that much EHP, I run though MP10 in PTR with rend with zero survivability issue.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Fabuloso

Well depends on what you weapon you use. For me, for a boot to roll more dps than Zumi it needs to roll 297 str WITH run speed. Guess how much such boots cost...

EHP you are right however 2H rend player doesn't need that much EHP, I run though MP10 in PTR with rend with zero survivability issue.

Everyone has their own comfort level so it doesn't surprise me that others consider another item BIS -- as long as the comfort level is there, it shouldn't matter :)

For me, I like having Ice Climbers because they give me more leverage in my gear building -- there's less emphasis on getting the highest amount of DPS in gear slots. I do make some exceptions though:

a) Pants have to be EHP based -- there's no reason why one shouldn't get the maximum vitality/AR/Armour in that slot
b) Jewellry should be DPS-oriented, but if you can find DPS while getting EHP in that slot, awesome
c) Gloves are a tricky one. I prefer having DPS in there, but lately, been leaning towards a mix with a slight emphasis on DPS.
Reply Quote
Noooooooooo.....the price gonna rise again -_-
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 08:53 AMPosted by clam
I prefer legacy ones for straight dps

Same here. They are the highest dps barb boots in the game.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Fabuloso
No, you need physical damage weapon like a skorn weapon. The poison damage actually means convert 8% of physical damage into poison.

Does that stack with the arcane damage on my Stone of Jordan? If not, would it stack with a poison damage SoJ?
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 09:48 AMPosted by VeePow

Does that stack with the arcane damage on my Stone of Jordan? If not, would it stack with a poison damage SoJ?

yes, it stacks.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Cloud9

yes, it stacks.

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Does the conversion have some kind of reduction or does it correlate with the weapon damage?
Reply Quote

yes, it stacks.

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Does the conversion have some kind of reduction or does it correlate with the weapon damage?

There was no reduction when i had 6% cold damage + 6% poison damage. I got the full 12%.

Just make sure your weapon is pure physical. If your weapon has elemental damage you will notice a significant decrease. Dont quote me, but if I remember correctly I was getting around 2/3 of the benefit when I used an ele weapon.

Edit: Side note. I have a 2 year old laptop (not fast by any means) and the cold damage lagged me.
Edited by Cloud9#1256 on 10/3/2012 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ice climbers typically don't have MS - the ones that do are crazy expensive. i think the zumi boots are a better deal overall. i'll check it out later tonight - thanks again for sharing OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]