Diablo® III

Zumi boots is BIS for Barb

did some calculating, with current zuni boots, other boots would need 290+ str to be comparable dps, which would only be top-end ice climbers with MS (eventually this 290+ str requirement would go higher as str goes up on other items and via paragon lvls). so very, very close to BIS for me :]
Edited by BlueTaco#1331 on 10/4/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They are NOT BIS for Barbs. A high-strength movement speed Ice Climber is always better than Zunimassa's Trail. However, a Zunimassa's Journey (level 61 lol) can outperform most medium-strength Ice Climbers in terms of DPS.

For reference (totally not for showing off, lol), these are my Ice Climbers:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/12187333

ur barb is god
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:01 AMPosted by RiusRenovo
That Barbarian is amazing.

I came.

lol...me too.

That's the best barb i've ever seen
Reply Quote
These boots wont help me if I have the weapons that I do right?
Reply Quote
BiS is iceclimber with MS.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Lorenze
So for weapons that have added elemental damage (like the ones in my profile), that 8% added poison damage won't be that effective?

it wont add any dmg. just take the ring on and off to see if dmg changes.

not sure I follow... your saying zuni boots won't add any extra dps?

does the 8% poison ADD dps to your phys damage or changes 8% of phy damage to poison?
Reply Quote
yes, if you do all physical dmg, then you will get 8% of that damage added to your overall DPS as poison dmg. the dude who asked that question has elemental damage types on his wep, and the damage from elemental dmg will not stack with the 8% added psn dmg (since elemental dmgs dont stack).
Reply Quote
so if my weapon does 430-989 damage (860 dps)... 240-542 poison damage... the 8% will only come from 190-447? (total damage - poison damage)
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 12:08 PMPosted by JoeFrow
so if my weapon does 430-989 damage (860 dps)... 240-542 poison damage... the 8% will only come from 190-447? (total damage - poison damage)

Yes you are right. Only good for "black" weapon.
Reply Quote
I just checked over my calculations (or rather, I checked the numbers I put into someone else's calculator) and it looks like I was wrong about the Zunimassa's Journey. The best Zuni's Journey will always give better DPS than the best Ice Climbers, not just mediocre Ice Climbers, because the latter can "only" roll up to 358 strength with a radiant star ruby, which isn't enough to offset extra attack speed, elemental damage, and a decent strength roll (150+).

This DPS comes at a heavy cost though, so it's still not really BiS.
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 10/6/2012 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just checked over my calculations (or rather, I checked the numbers I put into someone else's calculator) and it looks like I was wrong about the Zunimassa's Journey. The best Zuni's Journey will always give better DPS than the best Ice Climbers, not just mediocre Ice Climbers, because the latter can "only" roll up to 358 strength with a radiant star ruby, which isn't enough to offset extra attack speed, elemental damage, and a decent strength roll (150+).

This DPS comes at a heavy cost though, so it's still not really BiS.

A decent barb zumi boots is as expensive as a rare str/vit/ar/run speed boots, it is a very worthy investment. The one that bluetaco got is really a steal @ 15mil.

Both zumi and the legacy one gives you 2 random rolls which can roll str and AR. The Legacy give you more dps while the new one give you more stats, both of these are much much cheaper than a str ice climber with run speed.
Edited by Fabuloso#1997 on 10/8/2012 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah man, i got pretty lucky. :) i've been monitoring zuni journey boots for barb for the last week but not very much comes up (i mean, they don't drop anymore so not too surprising). I have seen a few decent prices on zuni trail though (~60-80m) - def better than anything else in the AH for the price.
Reply Quote
Maybe I only pay attention to this because my primary is (or at least was) a wizard but these boots are getting Better in 1.0.5 because they are fixing the min+min for figuring out the +% you get. Overall every item that gives +% will be getting a boost in 1.0.5 especially for black weapons (ones without elemental damage because elemental damage is ignored in the +%)
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 10:01 AMPosted by WizziWizard
Maybe I only pay attention to this because my primary is (or at least was) a wizard but these boots are getting Better in 1.0.5 because they are fixing the min+min for figuring out the +% you get. Overall every item that gives +% will be getting a boost in 1.0.5 especially for black weapons (ones without elemental damage because elemental damage is ignored in the +%)

I'm not so sure I follow.... Are we talking about the new zunis or legacy ones? What do u mean they are fixing the min+min, what is that and how does it need fixing? I have 3 legacy zunis for my alts one that's perfect for barbs and I also have a pair of trails for my wizard and haven't noticed a difference in the ptr.
Edited by TheMadHatta#1511 on 10/9/2012 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 10:01 AMPosted by WizziWizard

huh what?
Reply Quote
i got really lucky months ago doing a pub run with a DH. my zuni journeys dropped and i offered him 3m straight up and he took it. i felt bad and gave him a bunch of decent DH gear lol.
Reply Quote
looking at my profile, is it worth it to get the zunimassa?

i'm severely lacking in MS and i'm looking to remedy it

however, a quick comparison over on the calculator doesn't seem to be worth it, i'm seeing red all over
Edited by Clochette#6831 on 11/5/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Got mine for 4.2m bid, use them over 166 str ones, gave me 8k+ dps unbuffed.
Reply Quote
What if you DW and a WW barb? Main hand should be black damage? and offhand if possible.
Reply Quote
I prefer to use the old Zunis just cause of the atk speed. Gives me a reason to hold off on Lacuni's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]