Diablo® III

I want to stand and fight

Anyone else tired of continually running AWAY from mobs?
All I seem to do is run around in circles while my pets do the killing. I occasionally get the opportunity to release a spell or two, then back to running.

You would think if you covered the whole map and fought every group, you would advance enough to take on the next act, sadly that is not the case and its a case of repeat the same act till you level up a few levels. :( *sigh*
Reply Quote
thats why they invented monks and barbs...and the odd wiz... you have a monk use her for hack/slash?
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Mordala
You would think if you covered the whole map and fought every group, you would advance enough to take on the next act, sadly that is not the case

You said it, plenty more res and some more armor and you might be good to go, a little more dps wouldn't go astray either. Also, in my experience firebomb is more efficient than poison dart.
Edited by Asmodeus#6708 on 10/4/2012 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
a little more dps wouldn't go astray either

You said it, plenty more res and some more armor and you might be good to go, a little more dps wouldn't go astray either. Also, in my experience firebomb is more efficient than poison dart.

Unfortunately I'd have to give up my thorns to gain more dps, most gear drops dont have both. But i'll give firebomb a go for a while. Thx
Reply Quote
a little more dps wouldn't go astray either

Unfortunately I'd have to give up my thorns to gain more dps, most gear drops dont have both. But i'll give firebomb a go for a while. Thx

Another vote for firebomb here. Consider switching your acid cloud to your right-click (no cooldown).
Zombie bears do insane damage but are Mana costly.
A similar dps weapon with 100+ Int or a socket for a ruby or emerald will increase your dps.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 03:02 AMPosted by Mordala
But i'll give firebomb a go for a while.

And you should be able to upgrade gloves & shoulder for less than 100k each and get more int, vit and allres.

10/04/2012 03:08 AMPosted by smurfynz
Another vote for firebomb here. Consider switching your acid cloud to your right-click

And yes, that combination works nicely.
Reply Quote

Another vote for firebomb here. Consider switching your acid cloud to your right-click (no cooldown).
Zombie bears do insane damage but are Mana costly.
A similar dps weapon with 100+ Int or a socket for a ruby or emerald will increase your dps.

I just switched out a 2h weapon that had 190 intel , 183 vit and 159 dex so I could get the thorns from the offhand.

But cheers for the advice.
Reply Quote
Assuming you are using the AH, there are plenty of 1h L60 weapons that give 800+ base dps with +100 int and +100 Vit with sockets.
Looking at a 50k item now - Cutthroat Core Rare Ceremonial Knife.

877.8 dps
+139 Int
+119 Vit
+14 Mana Regen
Empty Socket

There are reasonably cheap items with life steal or LoH as well.
Reply Quote
If you're doing inferno, thorns is a terrible terrible terrible terrible stat to stack. No wonder you're running so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Z51lDthY0&feature=channel&list=UL

a good inferno WD guide
Edited by FlyingFroG#6794 on 10/4/2012 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Assuming you are using the AH, there are plenty of 1h L60 weapons that give 800+ base dps with +100 int and +100 Vit with sockets.
Looking at a 50k item now - Cutthroat Core Rare Ceremonial Knife.

877.8 dps
+139 Int
+119 Vit
+14 Mana Regen
Empty Socket

There are reasonably cheap items with life steal or LoH as well.

I dont use the AH at all, just picking the gear up as I go.
Reply Quote
If you're doing inferno, thorns is a terrible terrible terrible terrible stat to stack. No wonder you're running so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Z51lDthY0&feature=channel&list=UL

a good inferno WD guide

Thorns was mainly for the pets, with the passive fierce loyalty to get 100% benefit from thorns.

Thanks for the link to the guide.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Mordala
Thorns was mainly for the pets, with the passive fierce loyalty to get 100% benefit from thorns.

Didn't want to make such a strong statement as "FlyingFrog" did, but was tempted to comment on thorns as well. Just do a simple calculation and work out what a few hundred extra thorns damage does in comparison to a few thousand from acid cloud - with which you can hit mobs from a distance (and what does thorns help vs a molten/desecrator/nightmarish elite mob?).
Reply Quote
Not to worry, thanks for the comments and help. I've changed a few things and will change over my gear as I pick it up.

thanks everyone

Edit... my thorns was 4000 but now back to about 3900ish
but im not sure how it all works, whether each dog and the pet gets than amount per hit each .

I'll see how I go.
Edited by Mordala#6638 on 10/4/2012 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Assuming you are using the AH,...

I dont use the AH at all, just picking the gear up as I go.

Good on you. Serves me right for assuming.

Good luck with the build.
FWIW, pet thorns isn't THAT bad but will mean more of a kiting playstyle.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794640308
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Mordala
Anyone else tired of continually running AWAY from mobs?

I wish I could run away without rubber banding right back to my instant death.
I'm mostly sick of running through an entire empty dungeon only to 1 shot that mob that somehow snuck up on and killed me before anything was on screen
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]