Diablo® III

#1 Reason ppl dont play pub games

I play Act3 on my Monk and I've got terrible DPS since I quit D3 early and am just starting to come back.

In fact, the improvement to match-making and the efficiency of public games is the only thing keeping me back. So far nobody has complained about my lack of DPS and I play smart allowing me to atleast tank for glass-cannon builds.

Now that you bring this up, it seems you're the first person I've seen to cry about it.
Reply Quote
Stupid noobs, get out of my game
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Ballistixz
OP, all i see in your pics is legit chars that play the game without abusing AH and RMAH. leave them alone because they are the most honest and legit players we got in this sad excuse for a game

no one cares how you get your gear, if you're gonna join a team you'd better carry your own weight.
Reply Quote
True Story, Bro.

Act III is overflood by noobs with 30k dps who wants to get carried.
Reply Quote
The king Joch cares not what others dps is when he pubs it up. The king Joch bulldozes through act 3 4 man inferno like its normal mode.
Reply Quote
When people try and leech from me I just sprint ahead and kill the elites away from them so they don't get drops. Or I put on all MF gear and tell the leecher to kill elites for me lol
Reply Quote
While playing A1 Inferno I do not revive the players that die in 1 hit from any mob. back to Hell dogs! (pun intended)

lol...really...lol
Reply Quote
What I hate is waiting for those WW barbs to catch up to me.... slow f**&^*rs.

(Legacy Nat's for the win).
Reply Quote
Act 3 with 8k DPS under 1000 STR Barb...awesomesauce

I don't even look at other people in the game's stats. I go kill stuff and if they want to follow along and be fodder for the phasewalkers it helps me either way. If one of them is good, makes my job easier for sure, but it's not necessary. Sometimes I end up in a game with someone who blows my DPS away and I get to be the follower.

There will always be moochers, so just overcompensate and up your DPS/Survivability to the max and be proud that they're probably watching you murdilate the baddies in awe of your awesomeness. Maybe they'll even ask you how you got so good. Not likely since NO ONE TALKS in a random pub game...

Seriously, they messed multiplayer up SO bad with the way games are joined and started...
Reply Quote
Act 3 with 8k DPS under 1000 STR Barb...awesomesauce

I don't even look at other people in the game's stats. I go kill stuff and if they want to follow along and be fodder for the phasewalkers it helps me either way. If one of them is good, makes my job easier for sure, but it's not necessary. Sometimes I end up in a game with someone who blows my DPS away and I get to be the follower.

There will always be moochers, so just overcompensate and up your DPS/Survivability to the max and be proud that they're probably watching you murdilate the baddies in awe of your awesomeness. Maybe they'll even ask you how you got so good. Not likely since NO ONE TALKS in a random pub game...

Seriously, they messed multiplayer up SO bad with the way games are joined and started...

I never check ppl's gear when I join a pub game until i notice they are extremely bad. That barb couldnt do any dam or tank. He would sit in the back until the monsters were almost dead and then go attack. He would try to tank some monsters then run away for his life. Then they would attack goblins solo without even saying anything. I started to let them fight elites by themselves after the second goblin got away wihtout them saying anything. I would just attack elite once so i def got the drop. After running both cursed towers and them having to kill cydia by themselves the barb backed out and i killed Azmo while the WD died at the beggining
Reply Quote
Carrying people isn't always fun. However once you progress far enough in gear even with 4 ppl everything is still killable given a few deaths. Now when you're in an MP10 game and those guys are in there...Blizzard better have fixed the Vote Kick...I don't want to be in an MP5 or above game with someone under 10k (or even 20k) damage. Unless of course your job is WD Tank with pets, then I'll have you. I find those to be VERY useful in keeping the mobs off me, even more so than a barb.

Griefing noobs can be fun, but I try to give out advice if I see someone really struggling. They simply might not KNOW to stack their main stat or that AR and armor are important. It's not like the tutorial for this game is any help...I've heard of people getting a char to level 60 before even realizing there was an elective mode and what it did...

My 8 (almost 9) year old son got to level 23 in like 3 days (and has since made about 5 more characters). There are bound to be 10 year olds in Inferno who simply don't get the game mechanics yet, but still want to "beat the game". Eventually they'll learn, and probably kick are butts in PvP by the time it comes out (2015)...
Reply Quote
I play public games... and I'm usually the one dying a lot. But at least I talk... No one else ever does. It's a social multiplayer game, if you don't want to play with people who communicate, play private.
Reply Quote
I actually play pub games specifically for that reason ... help some people out .... really nothing wrong with that op ...

Some people just want to progress ....
Reply Quote
Yeah public games can be "an adventure"...for the moderate to higher DPS players it's like a test for 1.05 when u can carry 3 lower DPS people you are ready for 1.05 :)
Reply Quote
If you play D3 regularly you should have a sizable friends list to invite to parties with. You shouldn't complain about the people in public games. The casuals are just looking for a quick way to play multiplayer.
Public is their domain. You use the friends list. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
I've had good and bad, the worst by far was a 8000 DPS DH.
Died every second and when I offered him FREE gear (decent stuff too) he came up with the idea I was trying to trade scam him.

I don't know if he was trolling or what but I got a vote kick passed.
Reply Quote
i dont mind those players, except leechers.

i really hate people like they keep posting items they found, which is really crap and keep asking for prices that they can sell it for, for whole freaking run. they always stay behind busy typing items on chat.

I just don't even bother resurrect them if they keep dying. Keep move on, if they really lacking behind and do nothing cuz they keep dying, then vote kick
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Bull
Ok it might be all looted and nothing bought, but how the hell do they get that far? With that gear you cant even get past the Butcher in a 100 years. They are legit but they leech on other players for the dps...

i beat butcher with 25k dps.
Reply Quote
i dont mind those players, except leechers.

i really hate people like they keep posting items they found, which is really crap and keep asking for prices that they can sell it for, for whole freaking run. they always stay behind busy typing items on chat.

I just don't even bother resurrect them if they keep dying. Keep move on, if they really lacking behind and do nothing cuz they keep dying, then vote kick

I post everything that's good that I find, if it's stuff one of the other classes might need. But if it's something they need, I usually just give it to them. I mean... who cares? I'm not even at the end-game (top level BiS) gear, and I'm bored. I need something NEW to do. Endless Dungeon is a good idea... I can't get PTR to boot up, so I haven't scoped out monster level yet, but it seems like it might help out a little... Except that you won't be able to USE public games for it.
Reply Quote
i dont like ppl who deck themselves out in MF gears. im quite ok with low dps ppl in act 3 public, normally would give them advice and tell them to gtfo. :S

another thing that pisses me off are WW barbs that do extremely low dps but runs around the whole damn map leaving everything for me to kill. normally when that happens ill change skills to fleet footed and tempest rush my way ahead.
Edited by Easter#1808 on 10/7/2012 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]