Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Guys, you HAVE to see this.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 10/7/2012 9:47 PM PDT
It really boils down to expectations.
I'm not a hardcore player and not too long ago was still struggling in A3 (or even A2 in earlier patches). I understand some players don't read forums or understand the mechanics of the game. I don't have problems with weak players if they show some effort and teamwork.
What I do have a problem with are the speedsters who join the game and race off ahead of the group. Particularly WW barbs (I'm a non-WW barb) who don't even kill the mobs in their way!
Eh I am guilty of not saying too much during coop games - not good at multi tasking u see.
Being almost a DH with 100k DPS w/ no SS I can blow apart all sorts of monsters fairly quickly. Of course no where near the speed of some people but still decently fast enough that I can farm A3 solo at a decent rate.
When I go into a public game, I follow these simple steps:
1. I see if all members of the party are out fighting. If one is still at base, I rage at him. If he doesn't move after a couple minutes, I tele back and vote kick. If the vote passes, I continue to the next step. If it fails, I leave and go solo.
2. Once everyone is out fighting, I check gear of people. If it isn't great, I watch them to see if they fail or just have not-so-great gear because they have had bad luck w/ RNG. If they fail, such as a DPS monk I had in a game one time who couldn't tank 2 hits, I vote a kick. If it passes, I continue to the next step. If it fails, I leave and go solo.
3. Once we got a decent team going, with something to tank (monk, barb, WD with pets, or a high lvl wiz) I start talking to people to see who actually is wants to level and farm and not just rush through because this is their first play through of A3 and they want to get to A4. If more than 2 other people want full clears, then I stay. If not, I leave, since I probably am the higher level and have the best gear and they will just be slowing me down.
4. During all this, if we have a barb, I see if it is a WW. If it is, I see if they are planning to just run ahead all the time. If they are, I vote kick. I hate a barb who won't hold back the elite pack. Like really, if you would just sit there bashing them or holding them in place me and the other glass cannons will destroy the packs faster than you would solo. (unless you got like 120k+ DPS WW barb... then why are you in a public game anyways? we are just slowing you down)
5. Once you got a decent team going, the game is fun. Until one or all leave after Ghom... I personally like full runs and hate to see a decent team leave. Process starts all over again once new people join.
Edited by Stud#1396 on 10/7/2012 9:54 PM PDT
It really boils down to expectations.Man, I have a friend like that who always wants to join my game.
See, I am a meticulous person - I always like to start chapter 3, wipe out the elites (catapult areas), and then hit the depths with NV5.
Well, he will join in and immediately hit the depths - then he will just run through without stopping. Being the meticulous person I am (bordering on obsessive compulsive), I will wonder if perhaps there is a brown drop lying for me in one of the areas he steamrolled (he's a barb).
So I am constantly getting killed because I can't focus on jack crap.
i've been playing pub games ever since the game went to dirt (majority of my friends don't play anymore). I really don't really mind playing with / carrying players that have not too high dps. Players that annoys me in a pub game are listed below.
#1 - AFKers
#2 - Players that fly through the map and leaving the group half a map behind (mostly barbs)
I haven't spent any money at the AH, and look at my gear.Guys, you HAVE to see this.
Today I've been kicked out by 3 retards. We cleaned some maps together so they should have sized my real dps (swapping weapons) but still kicked me without saying a word.. right after I apologized for having killed an elite pack all by myself while they fought another one. Seriously ..
Being the meticulous person I am (bordering on obsessive compulsive), I will wonder if perhaps there is a brown drop lying for me in one of the areas he steamrolled (he's a barb).
Heh I understand, I wonder how many legs those WW guys missed.
But it will be better come 1.05.
I haven't spent any money at the AH, and look at my gear.
that char is still in HELL act 3.
what did you expect?
and really.. you did not use AH and you only have 3.7k elite kills on your WD and you already have 1.4k dps skorn with socket and 196 crit damage and you put a 100% crit damage gem on it. you must be one lucky guy to have such a weapon with only 3.7k elite kills.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.