Diablo® III

#1 Reason ppl dont play pub games

10/06/2012 12:35 PMPosted by ToxicHobo
I had a 40kdps barb the other day in a public game think he as hott stuff and would WW through everything and leave the group behind then struggle to kill the elites. I just simply would stand there and let him struggle. Seriously, if your in a group game why do you take off?

Ran into one of those yesterday. He plowed through the map, leaving half the white mobs behind for the rest of the group to mop up. Then we'd catch up to him at the next elite pack. No idea why people play co-op if if they're not interested in, you know, actually playing cooperatively. Just d-bags, I guess.

I proposed a vote kick, and naturally it failed to pass. Another player actually whispered me to ask why I took issue with the way the other guy was playing. He honestly couldn't understand it, evidently happy to tag along after him, picking up the scraps. Unreal.

<=== Guilty as charged. Though in my case I wait for the group mostly and call out Elites/Shrines when I see them so people can catch up and get some more epiclly crap loot. Hell I even drop anything that's under ilevel 61 because it's a waste of time to ID them (except neck and rings). If you don't like clearing an act quickly mopping up all the elites for loot, go play with someone else... Not that I play much anymore. I just get on to kill !@#$ once in awhile. If you see me, expect a quick elite farming, loot dropping, fly through.
Reply Quote

<=== Guilty as charged. Though in my case I wait for the group mostly and call out Elites/Shrines when I see them so people can catch up and get some more epiclly crap loot. Hell I even drop anything that's under ilevel 61 because it's a waste of time to ID them (except neck and rings). If you don't like clearing an act quickly mopping up all the elites for loot, go play with someone else... Not that I play much anymore. I just get on to kill !@#$ once in awhile. If you see me, expect a quick elite farming, loot dropping, fly through.

maybe you can play solo or play with friends that have similar farming speed/efficiency?
Reply Quote
Most of those type of players are just there to leech the experience. I had one guy that had an account name of idleflatter with a few numbers in his name. He would just sit by enterance while we were fighting. I immediately vote kicked and he was gone after a few seconds. I always play pub as it's more enjoyable to play with a group of people. I can't stand leechers that sit though.
Edited by Sc0rpius#1402 on 10/10/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote]maybe you can play solo or play with friends that have similar farming speed/efficiency?

Yeah I could, like to share with people though, for instance if i have a huge group of mobs, all one has to do is AOE them once to get the XP multiplier for killing them all. levels everyone pretty fast and I drop any loot I dont want so if it can be of use to you for either upgrades or gold... anyway, everyone has a choice.
Edited by Xenophobic#6755 on 10/7/2012 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I play pub sometimes when i got bored solo. No problem carrying and had fun. DPS getting too high and getting fury starved so with higher monster HP I can maintain WOTB in a longer state.

I can get a few sentences out before WOTB expire and proceeds to reset it again. Win-win. Fun :)

Was starving for a set for 2 weeks. Carried my 10k dps barb friend the entire a3 and I got my belt from a gob. Good things come for those who have good intentions :)
Reply Quote
They should use some kind of system, like the heroscore system on D3 Progress and let you choose a minimum strength for people you pair up with. Pub is just stupid atm.
Reply Quote
So my WD has enough tankyness to take some hits in A3 and 20k dps. Is that good enough, or would the 250mf/gf make you want to kick her?
Reply Quote
I join pub games sometimes just for amusment if people are really trying but have bad gear i will help them and first thing i check is how much magic find they have if u have 20k dps and all mf that is just stupid get some dps and atleast mf switch if they are stacked mf they are leechers that is very annoying i do hate them having to vendor every peice of gear to... gotta sell kinda hate that and everybody staying in town and so disorganized but if people are cool and just new to the game and wanna get better honestly i will call them over to my stash and unload the whole thing for them legs and all but ya pubs can be pretty bad people are so greedy and annoying
Edited by THEMINISTER#1611 on 10/7/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't spent any money at the AH, and look at my gear.

that char is still in HELL act 3.
what did you expect?

and really.. you did not use AH and you only have 3.7k elite kills on your WD and you already have 1.4k dps skorn with socket and 196 crit damage and you put a 100% crit damage gem on it. you must be one lucky guy to have such a weapon with only 3.7k elite kills.
I said I didn't spend money in the AH - didn't say I didn't use it.

I snagged a helluva nice Witching Hour that sold for $100.

Used the money to outfit my character.
Reply Quote
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Whistlin00/Screenshot004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Whistlin00/Screenshot005.jpg

This is in A3 Inferno. Enough said

i have a problem with any player with less than 35k hp and less than 450 all resistance in A3/A4 pub games, so this includes you OP

yet i still play pub, so maybe you can keep ur mouth shut and not rant on other players who have less stats than u

and i dont care how much dps you have, when you are dead you do 0 dps
Edited by Lastfighta#1786 on 10/8/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i play pub game to keep my wotb up, that's mostly it. Sometimes to get a friend added if someone did played well.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Whistlr
Oh and not everybody is pay 2 win like you OP

I never used RMAH once but nice troll try. Hes to incompetent to even know what hes talking about

For someone who's talking about other people's incompetence you conveniently leave out the part where I expose your ignorance about WD builds.

Keep talking, hypocrite
Reply Quote

that char is still in HELL act 3.
what did you expect?

and really.. you did not use AH and you only have 3.7k elite kills on your WD and you already have 1.4k dps skorn with socket and 196 crit damage and you put a 100% crit damage gem on it. you must be one lucky guy to have such a weapon with only 3.7k elite kills.
I said I didn't spend money in the AH - didn't say I didn't use it.

I snagged a helluva nice Witching Hour that sold for $100.

Used the money to outfit my character.

sure....we believe you didn't just ask your parent for $100 and buy the gold from chinese botter or RMAH
Reply Quote
If the forum is to be believed...RMAH and gold botter will be dying so fast that it's not even worth it for blizzard to pay the server cost for RMAH..

sure....we believe you didn't just ask your parent for $100 and buy the gold from chinese botter or RMAH

Aside from your obvious jealousy, is there any reason for you to accuse him of buying his gear? Like.... you are not the judge. Your opinion is just your own. you make it seem like he has to prove something to you. Yo want him to prove a negative....... You stupid, stupid, stupid, jealous idiot.

are you jealous because your equip is so bad that you need to hide behind your WoW account?
Reply Quote
The main reason i never play public games is because every time i enter one 1-3 people go afk and it leaves 1 or 2 people carring thier sorry @$$
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:17 PMPosted by currentking
I had a 40kdps barb the other day in a public game think he as hott stuff and would WW through everything and leave the group behind then struggle to kill the elites. I just simply would stand there and let him struggle. Seriously, if your in a group game why do you take off?

I had a fool like this yesterday and kept dying by elites and I told him why r u rushing by yourself when you get killed by elites all the time and he says, 'they had health link affix'.
seriously to those noob barbs who want to be a super WW barb they saw on youtube but can't so try to do that crap in co op and fail anyway, just stay away from public game plz and go farm act 1 solo.
Reply Quote
Read a few folks bashing on ww barbs for leaving the group.

As one myself, i must put this point out here.

I don't believe killing every white mob out there is fun or efficient for getting loot(which is where the fun is at).
If i can plow through a good 90% of trash mobs solo in a 4player game and my group still has not caught up, that's their fault. Tele to me like a smart person would. Packs/gobs are the only thing to recall a group for. If not, keep up! I do not like wasting time waiting for folks to catch up or sell all their crap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]