Diablo® III

#1 Reason ppl dont play pub games

Read a few folks bashing on ww barbs for leaving the group.

As one myself, i must put this point out here.

I don't believe killing every white mob out there is fun or efficient for getting loot(which is where the fun is at).
If i can plow through a good 90% of trash mobs solo in a 4player game and my group still has not caught up, that's their fault. Tele to me like a smart person would. Packs/gobs are the only thing to recall a group for. If not, keep up! I do not like wasting time waiting for folks to catch up or sell all their crap.

Then you should play solo. I can melt everything so easy in solo or co op all by myself but I don't do that in co op anymore because then what's the point? To show off? I wait for people if their slow or w/e as long as they're not leaches or afk warriors. And another thing, if you leave white mobs with some hp left in co op with the WW spec when you're trying to rush it, then you're totally under powered barb and it's nothing to feel good about. Also most of the good loots I got were from white mobs so you don't have a valid point here.
Reply Quote
just leave the trash alone, kill only the elite, let the trash survive and run onwards. these guys will have a hell of a time looting..

I would say if you're getting 1 shot by blazing ghouls, you are doing it wrong.

10/07/2012 11:00 PMPosted by SteveC
So my WD has enough tankyness to take some hits in A3 and 20k dps. Is that good enough, or would the 250mf/gf make you want to kick her?

yes, I would kick. you are leeching.

--
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 10/8/2012 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
People with low DPS should farm A1 and 2 - like I did when my gear was unadequate. And slowly improve their gear. I think that you should try A3 pub games only when you can comfortably farm it solo. I guess that 30K DPS is minimum minimorum, though it may be different for various classes.
So there should be some kind of filter for players like in D2. Maybe you could filter by paragon level. Everyone in A3 with Paragon 1-10 is a 100% noob and leecher. (Maybe there are some exceptions when an experienced player has a lv1 paragon with godly gear but i haven't met them). I should be able to create games, for instance, with lv 10+ paragon filter. Then it would be enjoyable.
Reply Quote
just leave the trash alone, kill only the elite, let the trash survive and run onwards. these guys will have a hell of a time looting..

lol what the heck r u talking about? Who's getting one shot by blazing ghouls?
Reply Quote

lol what the heck r u talking about? Who's getting one shot by blazing ghouls?

wasn't talking about you .

I'm saying in general. anyone who's getting 1 shot by trash mobs or blazing ghouls, you know the kind. the dh who likes to hang back while walking the towers of dammed and cursed and you know they are just going to die to blazing ghouls.
Reply Quote
If the forum is to be believed...RMAH and gold botter will be dying so fast that it's not even worth it for blizzard to pay the server cost for RMAH..

Aside from your obvious jealousy, is there any reason for you to accuse him of buying his gear? Like.... you are not the judge. Your opinion is just your own. you make it seem like he has to prove something to you. Yo want him to prove a negative....... You stupid, stupid, stupid, jealous idiot.

are you jealous because your equip is so bad that you need to hide behind your WoW account?

I agree with the other guy. You got no reason to judge someone and trust me it's not hard making gold with good loot by farming if you can farm fast. Whoever has w/e item has nothing to do with exercising one's choice to have wow account avie as their main. Most importantly, nobody is jealous of a 160k DH with sharpshooter. Just because someone has a good item, and then saying 'mommy's credit card hehehe' these types of comments are just retarded.
Reply Quote
Calm down guys, public games are fun.
Reply Quote

sure....we believe you didn't just ask your parent for $100 and buy the gold from chinese botter or RMAH

Aside from your obvious jealousy, is there any reason for you to accuse him of buying his gear? Like.... you are not the judge. Your opinion is just your own. you make it seem like he has to prove something to you. Yo want him to prove a negative....... You stupid, stupid, stupid, jealous idiot.
Thanks - but I can prove this negative ;)...
Reply Quote
I said I didn't spend money in the AH - didn't say I didn't use it.

I snagged a helluva nice Witching Hour that sold for $100.

Used the money to outfit my character.

sure....we believe you didn't just ask your parent for $100 and buy the gold from chinese botter or RMAH

Here is the witching hour I am talking about ...

Notice the date on this thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6714291914#4

Yea, well as I was saying - sold for $100 and used the money to outfit my WD.
Reply Quote

burden of proof lies in the accuser, you didn't really need to =(
Reply Quote

burden of proof lies in the accuser, you didn't really need to =(

Oh, I know. Just wanted to shut him up. :)

If he comes at me again, I will provide a screenshot of the transaction page on the RMAH.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 10/8/2012 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people play pub games at all.

Multiplayer is bad enough with friends--throw in complete strangers who will never give you loot they don't need and the whole point (broadening your loot pool) completely vanishes.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people play pub games at all.

Multiplayer is bad enough with friends--throw in complete strangers who will never give you loot they don't need and the whole point (broadening your loot pool) completely vanishes.

practising for next patch perhaps? For those who are unable to download ptr like me =(
Edited by Nagato#6877 on 10/8/2012 2:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Those who have so much of a problem with other players should just find their own friends and form a party to play. Different people have different expectations and different players are at different stages of their game life. If you don't like your team, just leave and stop whining! Remember, it's a PUBLIC game... got it? =)
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Nagato

Completely agree - it's how I met most of the people on my friends list.

Couple of things though:

- If you meet a goblin call it out .. nothing more annoying than seeing one escape due to some hero-wannabe
- Sometimes I do full public runs of A3 so if you die 1-shot that's OK, I will rez you, but after about the 50th time it does get a little annoying. Just ensure you have some resists and I won't call you out. (Most people I meet just stack DPS and ignore resists ... how you going to survive the elemental damage that some elites pump out like lightning / descecrator ?)
Edited by FreestylerUK#1170 on 10/8/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Couple of things though:

- If you meet a goblin call it out .. nothing more annoying than seeing one escape due to some hero-wannabe
- Sometimes I do full public runs of A3 so if you die 1-shot that's OK, I will rez you, but after about the 50th time it does get a little annoying. Just ensure you have some resists and I won't call you out. (Most people I meet just stack DPS and ignore resists ... how you going to survive the elemental damage that some elites pump out like lightning / descecrator ?)
I don't have good allres - 400+, but I have decent vit 51k ...

most of the elites in a3 can two shot me, but it's their DoT that gets me - spirit vessel can't help me there.

The only mobs that can still one shot me are the fallen maniacs. Arcane sentries run a close second.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 10/8/2012 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't have good allres - 400+, but I have decent vit 51k ...most of the elites in a3 can two shot me, but it's their DoT that gets me - spirit vessel can't help me there.The only mobs that can still one shot me are the fallen maniacs. Arcane sentries run a close second.

And in my eyes that's perfectly acceptable - your gear is not up to scratch but 400RA is a start, if not a little low for A3.

Check some of the Effective Health Calculators that are online and see what yours is. Having less hps but more RA / Armour usually turns out much better as the incoming damages is scaled down so your HPs last longer.

Oh and unless I am paying attention and haven't slipped into cruise control the Fallen Maniacs get me too especially when there's a pack of them and you think you've been skillful in dodging one only to WW into a pack of them hiding around the corner ! ;)
Edited by FreestylerUK#1170 on 10/8/2012 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:53 AMPosted by FreestylerUK

Couple of things though:

I do public games to kill time or distraction on my DH after a long spinning day on my barb. I am one of those who go rambo on goblins and doesn't stack resist like you said, but I do just fine ;p.

Sometimes it's nice to help out those who are still struggling to progress, I don't see the why the hostility towards public games. Everyone's been through that phase before, unless they dual wielded credit cards to start with.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Nagato
I am one of those who go rambo on goblins and doesn't stack resist like you said, but I do just fine ;p.

Sure, but do you manage to kill the goblin ? I hope so otherwise that's a wasted opportunity from the group that you just removed from them.

Do you die a lot ? If so you're simply making the game harder for the rest of the group which is unfair as there is no exra reward for you being there.

However if you kill most things you meet due to crazy-DH DPS and kick goblins and don't die all the time then you also would be welcome.

Having poor resists / low armour can be compensated by smart play :)
Reply Quote
I am one of those who go rambo on goblins and doesn't stack resist like you said, but I do just fine ;p.

Sure, but do you manage to kill the goblin ? I hope so otherwise that's a wasted opportunity from the group that you just removed from them.

Do you die a lot ? If so you're simply making the game harder for the rest of the group which is unfair as there is no exra reward for you being there.

However if you kill most things you meet due to crazy-DH DPS and kick goblins and don't die all the time then you also would be welcome.

Having poor resists / low armour can be compensated by smart play :)

I gloom 24/7 due to legacy natalya, so I can afford to vault over goblins ;p
...until the trail of cinders nerf next patch of course =(

I die once in a blue moon when I'm not paying attention.

However I don't like the current match-making system. It doesn't feel transparent enough =\.
Edited by Nagato#6877 on 10/8/2012 3:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]