Diablo® III

#1 Reason ppl dont play pub games

burden of proof lies in the accuser, you didn't really need to =(

Oh, I know. Just wanted to shut him up. :)

If he comes at me again, I will provide a screenshot of the transaction page on the RMAH.

plz do it by all means
Reply Quote
just leave the trash alone, kill only the elite, let the trash survive and run onwards. these guys will have a hell of a time looting..

I would say if you're getting 1 shot by blazing ghouls, you are doing it wrong.

So my WD has enough tankyness to take some hits in A3 and 20k dps. Is that good enough, or would the 250mf/gf make you want to kick her?

yes, I would kick. you are leeching.

--

Read a few folks bashing on ww barbs for leaving the group.

As one myself, i must put this point out here.

I don't believe killing every white mob out there is fun or efficient for getting loot(which is where the fun is at).
If i can plow through a good 90% of trash mobs solo in a 4player game and my group still has not caught up, that's their fault. Tele to me like a smart person would. Packs/gobs are the only thing to recall a group for. If not, keep up! I do not like wasting time waiting for folks to catch up or sell all their crap.

the 3 set items i found wer all dropped by white monster :)
Reply Quote
If you can't solo Act 3 Inferno comfortably on your own don't go there in group play. I can do endgame with 300% Magic Find gear but it all gets dumped except for my Depth Digger pants when I go group.Survivability and damage is my utmost concern,if I want to MF I go solo.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:53 AMPosted by FreestylerUK
Calm down guys, public games are fun.

Completely agree - it's how I met most of the people on my friends list.

Yup agree, met some incredible people in pubs. The game is not just about efficient farming, it's also a story of a group adventure.
Reply Quote

Oh, I know. Just wanted to shut him up. :)

If he comes at me again, I will provide a screenshot of the transaction page on the RMAH.

plz do it by all means

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6714291914#4

+

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71025255@N06/8066448005/in/photostream/lightbox/

=

You lose.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 10/8/2012 3:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

plz do it by all means

+

=

You lose.

you got scammed 15 bucks by blizzard
Reply Quote
People have a right to build a hero any way that they choose.

If someone wants to be a tank, let them be a tank. If someone wants to be a glass cannon, let them be a glass cannon.

If you have a problem with hero build diversity, leave the game or just solo.

If you think having a HIGH DPS makes you a professional, try playing Hardcore.

If you want to play with others that choose to build glass cannon, then add glass cannons to your friends, create games, and invite them.

If no one accepts your friend request, try becoming a more positive and open-minded, likable person.
Edited by Mock2Charles#1423 on 10/8/2012 4:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

If someone wants to be a tank, let them be a tank. If someone wants to be a glass cannon, let them be a glass cannon.

If you want to play with others that choose to build glass cannon, then add glass cannons to your friends, create games, and invite them.

If no one accepts your friend request, try becoming a more positive and open-minded, likable person.

it'll be nice if the blizzard balance team thinks like this
Reply Quote

it'll be nice if the blizzard balance team thinks like this

I mean they are trying. Damage scales higher for WDs, Wiz, DH... and Barbs/Monks have built in 20% damage reduction from all sources (or is it 30%? I cant remember)

This game does have a lot of balancing issues though and hopefully Blizz will address them in future patches.
Reply Quote
I'm good enough that I can come in and put everyone on my back, I don't care what they're doing. More players = better drop rates. I don't need much help in 1.04 difficulty.
Reply Quote
Personally, i don't mind carrying other players in a PUG as long the put forth and effort and help make the run a bit easier. I even help level 58-59 players in hell mode power level if i'm in a good moo or after getting a nice legs/set drop from my solo run. This why the call it 'social' coz your gonna meet all these types of players that unknowingly forget that they need to farm act 1 gear upgrade for act 2 and so forth.

IMO its just a matter one personal perception how one's gonna take this issue.
Reply Quote
Actually, these ppl are free to "play" however they want, and u are free to not play with them.

Plenty ppl do play pub games. It's just like w/ all the trash gear laying on the ground: u have to pick & choose. :P
Reply Quote
I've never once stepped into a pub game. I will give it a try now that my DH is better geared and I can breeze through A3. Hell I'd even run the 15k DPS DH's through for free, just to get them some damn upgrades so they can be more useful in the future.
Reply Quote
No 1 reason I don't play pub?

Look around the forum at all the trolls. Why would I ever want to play with people like that, no matter what their dps
Reply Quote
Read a few folks bashing on ww barbs for leaving the group.

As one myself, i must put this point out here.

I don't believe killing every white mob out there is fun or efficient for getting loot(which is where the fun is at).
If i can plow through a good 90% of trash mobs solo in a 4player game and my group still has not caught up, that's their fault. Tele to me like a smart person would. Packs/gobs are the only thing to recall a group for. If not, keep up! I do not like wasting time waiting for folks to catch up or sell all their crap.

Then you should play solo. I can melt everything so easy in solo or co op all by myself but I don't do that in co op anymore because then what's the point? To show off? I wait for people if their slow or w/e as long as they're not leaches or afk warriors. And another thing, if you leave white mobs with some hp left in co op with the WW spec when you're trying to rush it, then you're totally under powered barb and it's nothing to feel good about. Also most of the good loots I got were from white mobs so you don't have a valid point here.

So true. I literally LOL'd IRL at that guy citing farming efficiency as his reason for skipping white mobs in public games. WTF are you doing in a pub game if efficiency is your main focus? You're just gimping yourself, so stick to solo play or run with a well-geared group of friends.

I know I use the fleet footed passive for extra move speed when farming solo, but drop it when grouping. Sure I could run ahead of everyone and condescendingly tell them to "keep up", but that defeats the whole purpose of playing coop. Anyone with that attitude just doesn't understand coop multiplayer games, or has personality issues that go beyond the game. Not someone you'd want to hang out with anyway, TBH.

If your real reason for leaving the group behind is to show off your e-peen that's okay, you can admit it. You're hardly the only D3 gamer with insecurity issues. I've never seen a game that requires so little skill yet is so packed with elitist players who think they're God's gift to gaming. Not sure why that is. It's a strange phenomenon.

And yes, most of my best drops have come off white mobs. Or chests/armor racks for that matter. It's debatable that skipping them improves efficiency.
Reply Quote

+

=

You lose.

you got scammed 15 bucks by blizzard

I don't know...

...it was their digital good(s) I sold...

...perhaps they were scammed by me. ;p
Reply Quote
I've carried people through A3 before -- we've all been there so I don't get upset at people. Only people I get annoyed at are those decked at out in MF gear and they are pretty easy to spot. Just yesterday, I was in a group where two people had less than 15K DPS, and the third had marginally above 20K DPS. Kill times were a little longer because I spec switched to be able to tank for all 3 because two of the other melee (one monk, one barb) were getting two shot. Funny thing is two of them rage quit saying the group sucked.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 06:48 AMPosted by seraphim
I've carried people through A3 before -- we've all been there so I don't get upset at people. Only people I get annoyed at are those decked at out in MF gear and they are pretty easy to spot. Just yesterday, I was in a group where two people had less than 15K DPS, and the third had marginally above 20K DPS. Kill times were a little longer because I spec switched to be able to tank for all 3 because two of the other melee (one monk, one barb) were getting two shot. Funny thing is two of them rage quit saying the group sucked.
I have about 180% magic find w/ stacks, and that is really enough.

I have generally found that better gear = better magic find. If it takes you 300% longer to mow through a dozen elites, then 250% magic find ain't helping you very much, now is it?

I try to find some balance.

I do generally find a3 to be loads better for lvl 63s and legendaries than a2, and I think that's sad, because a2 blows a3 away in terms of environment and fun factor. A2 is easily my favorite act in the game.
Reply Quote
I can solo twice as fast than in public games. And WD isn't even that good.
Reply Quote
It's not so much the low damage that bothers me, its the people blatantly sitting in town, or picking up every blue and spending 5 minutes in town every 15 minutes of play, or the DHs sitting dead on the ground waiting for a res.

Also the fact that pub games generally run straight through the acts when I'd prefer to do a farming run.

Btw if anyone is looking for a partner for act 3 elite/paragon farming check my profile and add me in game. I play most nights after 6pm. Please no kiting classes though I find that 2 kiting classes synergizes horribly together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]