Diablo® III

Jay: Give me a reason...

...to leave Act III.

I'll admit I like this version of Diablo. Looks great, plays well, plenty of potential. I wouldnt play it otherwise But the game is forcing us to farm 1/4th of the world for the best chance of success.

"Lets do a Zoltan run"
"LFG, DH for S.King runs"
"Anyone wanna farm Belial for awhile?"

We don't see this is chat because we have no good reason to expand. Areas should have a bonus to drop certain items. Bosses and sub-bosses should have specific loot tables for attempting to farm specific/unique drops. Hell you can even implement hotzones, a daily MF bonus (past cap) to an Act that rotates daily.

"Hmm, what the bonus act today, Act IV? I'll go farm Diablo then"

A lot of "missing potential" at your disposal. :)
Reply Quote
Go test 1.0.5 then.
Reply Quote
I don't login just to test finished video games.

/shrug
Reply Quote
In next patch, a new feature will be implemented : "monster power".
It consists in 11 difficulty level ranging from 0 (default settings) to 10.
As soon as you enable at least monster power 1, every act of inferno will consists in monster lvl 63 (the maximum). It means that every place will be equally good to farm items.

Apart from that, we don't know if drop bias exist in the game. Maybe act 1 is better for rings and amulets. We don't know. It seems not.
Are drop bias a good thing ? Yes if you want to farm for specific items. No if you don't want to feel compelled to farm certain areas if you need specific items.
Reply Quote
I understand monster power. However unless something unique is offered everyone will just end up grinding the zone with the easiest MP10 creatures with best mob density and pack ratios.

The drop bias could be decent, but yea, that goes both ways. A good suggestion nonetheless.
Reply Quote
I understand monster power. However unless something unique is offered everyone will just end up grinding the zone with the easiest MP10 creatures with best mob density and pack ratios.

The drop bias could be decent, but yea, that goes both ways. A good suggestion nonetheless.

Not really, because there is no such thing... It depends completely on your class
For a DH, phasebeasts might be a nightmare, so they wanna avoid that, but for a Barb, who cares? They are melee anyway

I find that I switch around a lot while playing 1.05 on my Wiz... Act 3 for maximum exp, Act 2 for elite density (Vault + Archives), Act 1 for just being the best act in the game with awesome visuals and mood

Act 4 is the only one that is still completely useless and needs fixing
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Judist
But the game is forcing us to farm 1/4th of the world for the best chance of success.

There will always be areas in the game that are 'more efficient' than others.

Once you enter the mindset that you have to farm ONLY the most efficient place then you're stuck. This isn't a Blizzard problem.

1.05 is allowing you to farm all difficulties with equal rewards.
Right now you can farm Act 3, Act 4 and Whimsy with equal rewards.

Again, the problem is your mental state going into the game.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 10/6/2012 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
True, a mob difficulty changes based on class, but whatever zone/creatures that are easiest for a squishy will be (generally) easier for everyone. That general exception will be zones heavy with ranged and/or retreaters. With tons of HP no melee wants to chase around those types of mobs.

Its just an opinion, but I think there will be "such a thing". Noobs will farm Act 1 because zombies are slow and sparse, the rest will find that 1 area with good density and mobs with the least overall headache.

Edited to add:

My "mental state" is subject to the presentation of material. I walked into Diablo with an open mind and high hopes. I wasn't as disappointed as others seem to be. In the end this is a simple item grinder, so a change of presentation is necessary for diversity.

Maybe Mp will be enough, I have doubts.
Edited by Judist#1516 on 10/6/2012 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think they are so even right now that most people will just farm whichever area they enjoy the most... Everyone seems to be so sick of Act 3 that even with the lower monster density of A1/2, they will still farm those instead

But like I said, variation is key... Its like Babinro said, not a problem with the game but a problem with your mentality of farming only the best place

In this area D3 is infinitely superior to D2 already... D2 was nothing but Cow runs pre 1.10, Baal runs post 1.10, the rest of the game might as well just not have been there since everyone got a friend to rush them to Hell anyway

I really like that in this game you get to do whole areas and kill tons of trash mobs which IMO is the most fun part

Speaking of which, a defense mode would be awesome here... And probably really easy to implement... Im thinking something like the Urn event in Act 1, where more and more skeletons keep spawning until the timer runs out, except in this mode there would be no timer and no end, just as high as you can possibly go, with scaling rewards as well

It would also be a good way to make those defensive stationary builds really useful, like Sentry DH, so youd kill 2 birds with one stone

Here blizzard, start working on this for 1.06 :P
Reply Quote
True, a mob difficulty changes based on class, but whatever zone/creatures that are easiest for a squishy will be (generally) easier for everyone. That general exception will be zones heavy with ranged and/or retreaters. With tons of HP no melee wants to chase around those types of mobs.

Its just an opinion, but I think there will be "such a thing". Noobs will farm Act 1 because zombies are slow and sparse, the rest will find that 1 area with good density and mobs with the least overall headache.

Edited to add:

My "mental state" is subject to the presentation of material. I walked into Diablo with an open mind and high hopes. I wasn't as disappointed as others seem to be. In the end this is a simple item grinder, so a change of presentation is necessary for diversity.

Maybe Mp will be enough, I have doubts.

All mobs get equalized in terms of their relative strength with 1.05. Across the board. Champ packs in act 1 are Mlvl63. In act 4 they're Mlvl63. Their HP goes up across the board when you raise MP.

So you pick the zone you like and the run you feel like doing for the day and farm there.

The only thing that really matters after alot of PTR runs working on my build, is the innate abilities of the monster type and your particular ability to deal with them efficiently. Grinding for better gear to improve your character is pretty much at the heart of the game now instead of grinding act 3 in hopes of the best drop to sell. It can drop anywhere now.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Soranamae
But like I said, variation is key... Its like Babinro said, not a problem with the game but a problem with your mentality of farming only the best place

Wouldn't the game need to offer variation to encourage the mentality? I can go into a game with an open mind, but if the games presentation says "go here for the most rewards in the least amount of time" then that encourages doing so.

In patch 1.0.3 Acts 1 and 2 could drop lvl63 items yet everyone (that could) continued to grind Act3 and still do. Maybe its our problem, but sooo many Diablo players play 2 grind and save scenery and adventure for titles like Skyrim.

I think individual loot tables on bosses would go a long way.

All mobs get equalized in terms of their relative strength with 1.05. Across the board. Champ packs in act 1 are Mlvl63. In act 4 they're Mlvl63. Their HP goes up across the board when you raise MP.

So you pick the zone you like and the run you feel like doing for the day and farm there.

I meant that certain zones contain creatures are inherently harder than others. For example Act 4 is filled with "teleporting" and "rush" mobs that are far harder by nature than a zombie.

As for "picking a zone you like". I hope I can ignore that 1 zone that offers best amount of drops vs time spent.
Reply Quote

In this area D3 is infinitely superior to D2 already... D2 was nothing but Cow runs pre 1.10, Baal runs post 1.10, the rest of the game might as well just not have been there since everyone got a friend to rush them to Hell anyway

I don't understand this mentality thing. If D3 gives you no incentive to farm other areas, why would you farm those other areas?

And I would have to say, my experience farming in D2 was much more fun. Even with public loot, I enjoyed big multiplayer games and decent drops.
Reply Quote
I don't understand this mentality thing. If D3 gives you no incentive to farm other areas, why would you farm those other areas?

The point is, that Blizzard [i]is[/i] giving us incentive to farm the other areas. So the OP is pointless because Blizzard is already fixing the problem. But even now I still run Act 1 and 2, and even 4 occasionally just to switch it up. If you can only play this game at it's most "efficient" you are taking the game too seriously and are in fact limiting yourself.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Fantomex
So the OP is pointless because Blizzard is already fixing the problem.

Excuse me, but pointless? Incentive was introduced in 1.0.3, guess where everyone still farms?

The next hotzone may not be Act 3, but 1.0.5 will still encourage "bank for buck" areas with little incentive to farm elsewhere. And theres no reason to dismiss how other play this game as "wrong" or "limiting". You like to play Act1 for fun, thats fine. Some of us dont.
Reply Quote
I farm Act I. I don't like playing Acts II and IV and I get destroyed in Act III. No point in finishing Inferno IMO.

So I fart around in Act I and upgrade a piece of something once in a great while.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 06:01 PMPosted by KwShinigami
I don't login just to test finished video games.

then u might want to come back in 6 years

In terms of "polish" on release, this game did quite well.

Most popular (or expected to be) online games have server issues at the start. I almost always managed to login during D3's release. I also never experienced a game crash, its quite stable. Waiting for RMAH and AH tweaks wasn't bad, its an axillary feature anyways. No PvP? /shrug. Aint gonna cry over it.

Too many players expected the world on release, thus the complaints. Over-exaggeration imo. The sky didnt fall, D3 came out the box quite well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]