Diablo® III

pLEase Blizzard explain

Sometimes i wish Gabe Newell ruled Blizzard... it would have save us from this fiasco

Remember the fiasco when they announced Left 4 Dead 2 only a year after Left 4 Dead 1

Although Gabe would be an upgrade from Jay, I still think they're both detrimental to the gaming industry as they both only care about one thing: Profit

Atleast Gabe knows that people will buy if they are happy by playing the game, not forced to buy on a badly designed game
Reply Quote
It's the player's faults that half the crap went the way it did, if Blizzard would have just not listened to people and took the easy way out, we'd have D2 with better graphics, but instead we had morons telling them thing like...

"Don't make the Legendary items required, we don't want all our characters wearing the same gear"

or

"We want Inferno to be unbeatably difficult, we don't want to outgear the content in a week, make it really difficult to gear up"

or "I hate how there's no permanence to the builds, put something in that makes people stick with certain skills"

or "Constantly running back to town to add gems, enchantments, sockets etc... is boring. Trim it down so we don't have to run back to town every time we find an upgrade"

or "Running bosses over and over again sucks, please don't make them drop the best gear so we're not stuck running bosses all day long"

or "PVP was too unbalanced, make something that we can form teams instead of just a big gank fest"

The problem is that Blizzard listened to the player base. If they would have taken the lazy way out and made D2 with better graphics, people would have been happier with the end result.
Reply Quote
I respectably disagree.

It's not the new "skill system", "itemization system" or even the "main stat" that is making D3 fail. Those are things that someone will like, other don't. AI actually enjoy the new skill system. I do not like the itemization, but I can live with it.

What make this game such a failure, is that it is a pay beta test.

The game is getting better every patch, but D3 still not ready to the official launch.

I respectably disagree too.

If we wanted such skill system we would all been playing WOW... Diablo is a game where you are supose to Forge you Hero notuse it like pocket-knife... There were tones of different skill system that they could invent,copy or even mix up... even some for making profit and i would not have cry. Like taking D1 spell system, reading books upgrade skills, and they cost more and more money and require more and more int,str or dex... imagine the build diversity of this and how blizz would be happy with the RMah profits
and main stats on items is the ''main'' reason why items seem so lifeless... and pretty much the character useless

But i have to agree for the beta test part
Reply Quote
It's the player's faults that half the crap went the way it did, if Blizzard would have just not listened to people and took the easy way out, we'd have D2 with better graphics, but instead we had morons telling them thing like...

"Don't make the Legendary items required, we don't want all our characters wearing the same gear"

or

"We want Inferno to be unbeatably difficult, we don't want to outgear the content in a week, make it really difficult to gear up"

or "I hate how there's no permanence to the builds, put something in that makes people stick with certain skills"

or "Constantly running back to town to add gems, enchantments, sockets etc... is boring. Trim it down so we don't have to run back to town every time we find an upgrade"

or "Running bosses over and over again sucks, please don't make them drop the best gear so we're not stuck running bosses all day long"

or "PVP was too unbalanced, make something that we can form teams instead of just a big gank fest"

The problem is that Blizzard listened to the player base. If they would have taken the lazy way out and made D2 with better graphics, people would have been happier with the end result.

Sounds like they listenned to people on WOW forums because i dont know anybody that played D2 that would have say such things
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

If we wanted such skill system we would all been playing WOW... Diablo is a game where you are supose to Forge you Hero notuse it like pocket-knife... There were tones of different skill system that they could invent,copy or even mix up... even some for making profit and i would not have cry. Like taking D1 spell system, reading books upgrade skills, and they cost more and more money and require more and more int,str or dex... imagine the build diversity of this and how blizz would be happy with the RMah profits
and main stats on items is the ''main'' reason why items seem so lifeless... and pretty much the character useless

I never played WOW, so the skill system is new to me, and probably this is why I like it.

Probably this game is a failure for WOW players that was expecting a different game, and found something pretty similar. For those who do not know how WOW works, it's a entire new world to play.
Reply Quote

I never played WOW, so the skill system is new to me, and probably this is why I like it.

Probably this game is a failure for WOW players that was expecting a different game, and found something pretty similar. For those who do not know how WOW works, it's a entire new world to play.

Im a D2 player, never liked, WOW disapointed me when i did 1-80 in 3 days... and Diablo fan were expecting any system but this one, they wanted customization not noob-friendly crap we got
Reply Quote

Remember the fiasco when they announced Left 4 Dead 2 only a year after Left 4 Dead 1

Although Gabe would be an upgrade from Jay, I still think they're both detrimental to the gaming industry as they both only care about one thing: Profit

Obviously L4D2 so soon was a mistake in retrospect, arguably killing, or at least greatly wounding the franchise's popularity, but Valve has gone on record saying they'd rather die out then sell their company in a massive buy out (to any larger company like EA, or Activision, for instance). I think that's pretty humble, for a company that easily could be bought for shyte-tons of money.

And we have to remember, this is the company that released TF2, and Portal for free to EVERYONE after a few years.

The New CS is only $15.

Even Dota 2 will be f2p. I think it's safe to say, we'll never see a sub $60 Blizzard game unless it's a port of the Lost Vikings, and even that would be priced at least $20.

None of their games will EVER be free to play, unless Titan comes out and Wow's subs are at a record low (read: less than 4 million). Kindof like EQ1 (I am aware of the peak numbers difference).

If Activision/Blizzard was run by Gabe Newell? We wouldn't have the CoD Season Pass. Nor yearly updates to CoD every year.

Personally, I'd rather have a quality game every few years, than a shytty iteration every year.

That's just my take on it, though :P.

The Gabe newell was a joke about he would have never make a 3... lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]