Diablo® III

Want to improve hardware (Graphic card)

Hey,

I have the following pc and i want to improve my gaming experience by buying a new graphic card:

Windows XP
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHZ
Asus motherboard P5KC
4GB Ram DDR2
(my current graphic card is nvidia geforce 8600 gt)

I was planning on buying a new graphic card: Geforce 550 GTX Ti or Geforce 560 GTX Ti

My question is if I only buy one of these cards, I'll get a serious improvement without upgrading the other parts ?

Thanks !
Edited by spoof#2999 on 10/9/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Whatever graphics card you buy now will probably be bottlenecked by your CPU.
You also will need a new power supply most likely if you get either of these new graphics card.

That said, both cards are not that great for the price.

Radeon HD 7770 is recommended in place of 550 Ti
Radeon HD 7850 is recommended in place of 560 Ti
Reply Quote
Hey,

I have the following pc and i want to improve my gaming experience by buying a new graphic card:

Windows XP
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHZ
Asus motherboard P5KC
4GB Ram DDR2
(my current graphic card is nvidia geforce 8600 gt)

I was planning on buying a new graphic card: Geforce 550 GTX Ti or Geforce 560 GTX Ti

My question is if I only buy one of these cards, I'll get a serious improvement without upgrading the other parts ?

Thanks !

Your CPU is to slow to handle that much demand. Upgrading to that high of a card will not get you the results you are looking for.

What you need to do is build a new system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]