Diablo® III

suggestions for my DH plz

so im looking at my DH
i got good crit, crit dmg and atk spd all on a budget...
with some tankiness... i can take a hit

do i just need to sac some crit dmg on gloves from 40 to 30 and get 200 dex? and 200 dex boots? and then im golden?

i have a 6% helm sitting in my stash as well as a 6% 100 dex bracers...
how do other DH's fair at 30-40k hp with no resists and 800 more dex? die in two hits or less?

i can take 3-5 direct hits from hulking phasebeasts in 1.04

all constructive comments welcome :)
Reply Quote
got no dps. thats all.
Reply Quote
You have decent gear, but its buffing a mundane bow.

A crossbow 1400+ dps range should be a major improvement. Don't be afraid to loose some vitality if necessary, a decent Dead Man's quiver will cover it.

Replacing those 2 items (bow/quiver) will offer more dps and you can maintain you ehp.
Reply Quote
This is quite a good balanced DH. I wonder how you still can't get past act 3?
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 09:41 PMPosted by GWS88

again, got no dps.
Reply Quote

again, got no dps.

It's a sad state of affairs when his dps and gear isn't enough for act 3. I have the same problem. While other characters like WD can solo act 3, 4, Diablo with lesser gear and DPS. The DH needs major help unless you have really good gear compared to other classes. It's sad they nerfed the 1.05 Boar companion today.
Edited by Mastiff#1986 on 10/8/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

again, got no dps.

I see you keep trolling not only here but also somewhere in this forum. Anyway, why don't you look at my dps and say 'got no dps' to me again.

EDIT: I now remember you were the world class DH. lol...
Edited by GWS88#6234 on 10/9/2012 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Onibaku:

You have a pretty decent DH, and should definitely be able to farm act 3 without much trouble. I think the main issue is your build. You have 2.5 (the half i count from evasive fire backflip) discipline spenders, and only +8 max discipline. The only discipline regen you have is night stalker passive, but it does not actually proc that much. You also have 2 hatred generators which is a bit unnecessary.

I suggest you pick one hatred generator, and one hatred spender that has AOE (impale does not especially with the rune you chose). Give elemental arrow ball lightening rune a try. Smoke screen try out lingering fog for 50% longer invulnerability. for prep rune, you have enough life and all res i think, so you can try backup plan or focused mind. as for passives, archery is a good dps boost, and tactical advantage is good for survivability. i would suggest you try out perfectionist instead of night stalker.

in terms of gear try to get more crit dmg, because your crit chance is good so each additional crit dmg will give you a good dps boost. also try to get some more +disc on gear, get to at least 45 or so.

you definitely have the gear to farm act 3 comfortably, just shuffle your skills around a bit. of course gear will help, but give your defense and dps act 3 should not be a problem at all (i was farming act 3 with around the same dps and much less hp/allres back on 1.03, which was before they nerfed monster dmg too). good luck!
Reply Quote
@OP, you have a decent DH already

But dont be afraid to drop some vit for more DPS.
And yeah I agreed with Jd007, I believe that your build is more of the issue here.
Reply Quote
Not having Steady Aim is cutting your dps by 20% right there.

Just saying.

Edit: and you can drop quite a bit of Vit safely and swap it for CC.
Edited by Spicynoodoh#1204 on 10/9/2012 2:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
thx for the advice, yeah i was looking at a 1400 2h xbow as an upgrade ugh.. i guess i gotta save up for a 20ias dml

farming act3 is a breeze for me (lol i just want to farm and make dem golds and the $$$ right now while getting paragon)
Reply Quote
it is very difficult to get the right balance of DPS, Resit all, CC, Dex, CD
IM still working on my character everyday

I group farm act 3 everyday, and have found if im around 400-500 resist all, its helps keep me alive, anything less then that, you struggle even with Gloom and or hungering arrow with bounty hunter for those reflect mobs.

plus of course my DPS helps clear areas quickly, they just MELT in front of my eyes...lol
Reply Quote
Probably the thing that has helped me the most is using this DPS calculator
http://www.bios-gaming.de/d3dps/?changemod=importer

I spent 1.5 mil and increased my DPS by 10K the first day I used it. It can seriously keep you from wasting money on items purchased.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]