Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

$40 box sale. Its the last money grab they have, since the RMAH was no where near the success they had hoped they will now charge us for the last thing anyone wants out of D3.

money grab is a money grab.

flame away but mark my words...
nope.
You really think they are going to make a whole new set of items just by adding in patch? I really bet it is going to be in an expansion. 1.10 probably wont even be out from a year from now if it goes at this rate on how long the patches take to be done. Just look at how long it took from 1.04 to when 1.05 was announced to now. Do the math.

Its still a possibility but it isnt stupid to think it wont happen. The game is already going downhill they probably tested the PvP Realm with the current items/builds now and eralized it wasnt good enough or it was severely unbalanced. Why else for the delay? We all saw the videos from that blizzcon in 2010. They obviously had it already set up but chose not to release for who knows what reason. All we can do is speculate.
You really think they are going to make a whole new set of items just by adding in patch? I really bet it is going to be in an expansion. 1.10 probably wont even be out from a year from now if it goes at this rate on how long the patches take to be done. Just look at how long it took from 1.04 to when 1.05 was announced to now. Do the math.

Its still a possibility but it isnt stupid to think it wont happen. The game is already going downhill they probably tested the PvP Realm with the current items/builds now and eralized it wasnt good enough or it was severely unbalanced. Why else for the delay? We all saw the videos from that blizzcon in 2010. They obviously had it already set up but chose not to release for who knows what reason. All we can do is speculate.

They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...
PvP in Diablo 3? Yeah right.
PvP may be an expansion but it will be free, it was marketed as part of the title at launch if they charge for it, there will be lawsuits.
That would probably be the one thing that they could do that would make me quit.

But they won't do it, because they would become liable to every person who bought the game.
Posting in this thread so I can more easily necro it later when PvP is released in a patch for no charge.

I'll probably get banned, but it will still be funny to me.
66 Gnome Rogue
$40 box sale. Its the last money grab they have, since the RMAH was no where near the success they had hoped they will now charge us for the last thing anyone wants out of D3.

money grab is a money grab.

flame away but mark my words...

I hope more titles get released for Diablo III because this game is great.
Wrong...

Blizzard does not need to charge for the 1.10 PVP patch because they will make a ton of cash from a whole new wave of trading items that have good PVP affixes.

You guys just don't get it do you... All Blizzard has to do is introduce a new mechanic or affix and they make instant cash as players start trading items on the RMAH or trading Gold for $.

Trust me the PVP patch will in some way encourage use of the RMAH and thats all they need to make a profit. If you think nerds are willing to pay real $ for PVE items just wait till they introduce PVP into Diablo III. Ego and ladder rankings are a huge motivator and will definitely bring back a very competitive crowd of players into Diablo who are willing to buy their way to the top.
Wrong...

Blizzard does not need to charge for the 1.10 PVP patch because they will make a ton of cash from a whole new wave of trading items that have good PVP affixes.

You guys just don't get it do you... All Blizzard has to do is introduce a new mechanic or affix and they make instant cash as players start trading items on the RMAH or trading Gold for $.

Trust me the PVP patch will in some way encourage use of the RMAH and thats all they need to make a profit. If you think nerds are willing to pay real $ for PVE items just wait till they introduce PVP into Diablo III. Ego and ladder rankings are a huge motivator and will definitely bring back a very competitive crowd of players into Diablo who are willing to buy their way to the top.

+1 there updates are sure to be centered on RMAH sales.
1 Dwarf Rogue
rmah was not as successful as they hoped? lol what a fool
10/10/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Noran
rmah was not as successful as they hoped? lol what a fool

Is that a question or statement?

If you are saying that Blizzard does not make a profit from the RMAH you are an idiot and have nothing to add here. Please go back to WOW and play a Panda
Regarding PVP, aside from the arena setting PVP, we cannot provide any new information at this time. But on the topic of PVP, we want to clarify one important point: Many rumor mills online are saying that the PVP will be unlocked only through DLC, which is false. PVP arena will be added in the form of patch update and will not require any additional purchase.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/103cqf/more_105_details/

Now shut up, kiddo.
Edited by CuttRogue#2836 on 10/10/2012 2:47 PM PDT
So we are to believe a company who said pvp would be available AT LAUNCH and how long has it been? Oh wait, Jay Wilson said something, we must treat it holy grail and believe?
10/10/2012 03:05 PMPosted by GreenHitz
So we are to believe a company who said pvp would be available AT LAUNCH and how long has it been? Oh wait, Jay Wilson said something, we must treat it holy grail and believe?

You have been warned prior to launch that they will be cutting PvP so they can work on it more, and it will be available before new year.

No, you don't have to believe Jay Wilson. Instead, you better believe some random jackass who pulled a wild speculation out of his butt and presented it as a fact.
Edited by CuttRogue#2836 on 10/10/2012 3:16 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]