Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

[quote]

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

I have no idea how you do this job. The QQing and uninformed/can't-read crowd would drive me crazy.

You make me sad. You are the reason "when it's done" produces games like Diablo 3.
$40 box sale. Its the last money grab they have, since the RMAH was no where near the success they had hoped they will now charge us for the last thing anyone wants out of D3.

money grab is a money grab.

flame away but mark my words...

10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

Hey OP. Mark Vaeflare's words. ;)

ya i would take any blues "words" with a grain of salt, its not up to them its up to the shareholders
OP you're stupid...
They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...

this

DII was actually the same way, except Blizzard didn't make a cent from all the third party trafficking. How can you blame a company for providing a similar service that helps themselves and their costumers profit?

Your point is invalid, because it would then apply to every game ever. Anyone can sell their accounts/keys whatever informally at any time. I can sell you my steam account privately, but does Valve support or condone it...? No, but it can still happen. To formally provide a pay to win service in a gear based game is retarded and the one thing most people are waiting for can very easily be the biggest killer of the game.
Edited by iammorrison#1319 on 10/11/2012 7:54 AM PDT

It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

This is why you guys get flamed so hard.... did you even read what you wrote?

- New and improved legendaries? Most legendaries suck anyway, still, why legendaries blew so hard in the first place? Should have been in the game since day one.

- Paragon system? people beat the game 4 days after launch, should have been in the game since day one.

- Monster power and infernal machine? old D2 features that MANY questioned why it wasn't in the game in the first place, should have been in it since day one.

- PvP? It blew everyone's mind when you guys announced PvP wouldn't make for launch, nuff said.

You are NOT making improvements to the game, you released an unfinished, unpolished, untested product and are now adding BASIC stuff that ANY other D2 sequel would have.
Edited by DiE#1363 on 10/11/2012 7:55 AM PDT
I actually , heard that they where gonna make an Expansion Next year , and it only adds the PvP, then in two years they are gonna add a real expansion, thats includes a new Act, and new Class/es.
10/11/2012 01:05 AMPosted by CuttRogue

this

This what? They have stated there will be a matchmaking system that will match players by gear. So players with godly gear will face equal players with godly gear, etc.

But then how do you determine that ceilings for each ladder "rank"? Primary stat? DPS on weapon(s)? Total damage? All of the above? There are too many variables, and matchmaking is almost always based on a single, fixed, controllable stat like level or rank.
The real failures are the ones who are claiming this game is a failure yet coming back to post in the forum lol :P
10/11/2012 08:01 AMPosted by fathom
The real failures are the ones who are claiming this game is a failure yet coming back to post in the forum lol :P
No, we are here in teh Forum BECAUSE THE GAME SUCKS, AND IS A FAILURE,it was fun for a week , compared to d2....
What's the point of flaming the CM's anyway?

I mean D3 sucks in many ways. It has been this way for months now yet people just keep flaming over and over and over about it.

Just stop already. The CM's, devs and definitely us players know the game fails.

Let's just try to let them fix it the best they can, if they can. I for one want the game to be good. However, with the state of D3 being sooooo far behind "fun" and decorated I'm not sure it's going to be possible until an expansion.

Hopefully the expansion, if there is one, will redeem much of this epic failure.

Good Luck devs. Please invest a bit more funding into the expansion and for pete sake...Don't screw it up this time.
10/11/2012 08:04 AMPosted by ParadigmDeez
ust stop already. The CM's, devs and definitely us players know the game fails.

You don't remember the response of JW and other devs to David Brevik, do you?

They actually think the game is good.
10/11/2012 08:12 AMPosted by DiE
ust stop already. The CM's, devs and definitely us players know the game fails.

No they don't. They say that for the sake of marketing. There is no way in hell with all the negative feedback they can honestly....I mean HONESTLY.. say that the game is good.

Admitting that they made a game that is terrible on an epic scale is something you will never see they admit publicly. However, I'm sure behind the scenes they say otherwise.
10/11/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Formosa

And these fanbois think the game is amazing just because Blizzard said so, really really made me LOLed.

People who think this game is amazing are either trolling or have never played a superior game to D3 like D2 or torchlight 2....or are just complete dumb!@#$s.

No they don't. They say that for the sake of marketing. There is no way in hell with all the negative feedback they can honestly....I mean HONESTLY.. say that the game is good.

Admitting that they made a game that is terrible on an epic scale is something you will never see they admit publicly. However, I'm sure behind the scenes they say otherwise.

Sorry but JW, VP, CMs, all said the game is amazing, great, epic but has tiny bity of flaws . You can just search the forums and D3 blog, you'll easily find those posts and letters.

You obviously can't read and comprehend "publicly".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]