Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

If you tested the game properly Paragon and better legendaries would have been part of the release not an addition after the fact.

And for the millionth time; Please show char names in game and not Battletags! Is this really that hard? What's the point in naming our chars if we just have our static vanilla battletag to show? Also better for friend list, as we can see who's playing their WD/barb/wiz/monk/DH
View profile
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.
So, What you are saying is that we should be thankful, That you guys are not charging us to fix a broken game? That in all honesty was not ready for release? Good thing you guys don't sell new cars huh?
If you tested the game properly Paragon and better legendaries would have been part of the release not an addition after the fact.

And for the millionth time; Please show char names in game and not Battletags! Is this really that hard? What's the point in naming our chars if we just have our static vanilla battletag to show? Also better for friend list, as we can see who's playing their WD/barb/wiz/monk/DH

If you are going to troll try not to be as obvious as stink on !@#$.
lol i love all the rage about a game not ready for release when all the D3 site was filled with before the game launched was threads saying launch it and fix it later. Community here is never happy with anything and look for any excuse to rage.
The games fine, like it or leave.
lol i love all the rage about a game not ready for release when all the D3 site was filled with before the game launched was threads saying launch it and fix it later. Community here is never happy with anything and look for any excuse to rage.

This. You sir get a 10/10

EDIT: except the last part "The games fine". 0/10
Edited by ParadigmDeez#1302 on 10/11/2012 8:42 AM PDT
View profile
So typical of an uninformed person, Generalizing everything and everyone. It is people like you who are trolls. People like you act as if people don't have a right to a opinion if it does not agree with yours.
So typical of an uninformed person, Generalizing everything and everyone. It is people like you who are trolls. People like you act as if people don't have a right to a opinion if it does not agree with yours.

You are an idiot. His post was not an opinion other than saying "the game is fine". Everything else is true in fact, not opinion.

I've been on these forums since beta and I remember people begging for release. I remember blizz specifically saying pvp would not be in the release and that the game would be 75% completed, but the campaign would be playable all the way through.

So I say this to you... Shut up.
... the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost...

To be fair, this is PR speak for "yes PvP in its original form will come out in a free patch. Chances are, it very well may suck (ahem, Jay Wilson is the lead programmer after all, what do you expect?). Therefore, we plan on working on additional improvements which will in fact be released in an expansion".

^fair statement PR folks.
Edited by Gizmo#1898 on 10/11/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Why would I be trolling? Realeasing the game with a lvl 60 cap and bad legendaries was plain foolish. And our char names should be displayed, you know a bit of diversity shouldn't hurt...
they said it was going to be free and a month away, the only thing that happend was the month away thing was incorrect (we should all know that it is blizzard after all). lol you are a troll and should feel bad. they are not like activision or EA. and other game publishers.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 10/11/2012 8:58 AM PDT
I would rather they focused on class balancing issues - I realize it's a near impossibility given the numerous variables in play - before pvp. We all know pvp means a stampede to the best possible combo class/skill set so if we can encourage some diversity it would be welcomed (by me at least).
It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

Great positive attitude! I can be so negative but it's great to see someone at Blizz remaining positive amidst all the negativitiy on the forums (myself included).
View profile

You are an idiot. His post was not an opinion other than saying "the game is fine". Everything else is true in fact, not opinion.

I've been on these forums since beta and I remember people begging for release. I remember blizz specifically saying pvp would not be in the release and that the game would be 75% completed, but the campaign would be playable all the way through.

So I say this to you... Shut up.
Big words from such a little mind that resorts to name calling and insults. Thanks for displaying your I.Q level.
Again they are adding features that d2 already had established; granted many d2 enhancements were made over many patches, but one would assume Blizz would use the same ingredients that we all got hooked to in the early 00s.

This is why you guys get flamed so hard.... did you even read what you wrote?

- New and improved legendaries? Most legendaries suck anyway, still, why legendaries blew so hard in the first place? Should have been in the game since day one.

- Paragon system? people beat the game 4 days after launch, should have been in the game since day one.

- Monster power and infernal machine? old D2 features that MANY questioned why it wasn't in the game in the first place, should have been in it since day one.

- PvP? It blew everyone's mind when you guys announced PvP wouldn't make for launch, nuff said.

You are NOT making improvements to the game, you released an unfinished, unpolished, untested product and are now adding BASIC stuff that ANY other D2 sequel would have.

+1000
I like how blizzard is touting their new systems as being "added content". The paragon system probably took all of a few hours to create, it's just an extension of the levelling system and requires almost no new coding. It was such a last minute decision they introduced it the day before it was patched in.

I have had enough with this company and their horrid public relations. I quit this game months ago and have not looked back.
@ subhuman precisely brother.
Edited by iSeaStars#1645 on 10/11/2012 9:25 AM PDT
You all got owned, now chut!
Well done OP. Well done.
10/10/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Zero
You have to be joking right? They said they have been busting their asses off on PvP

ty for keeping a sense of humor through all this
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]