Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

Golly gee! You never charged for hotfixes or nerfs? I can't grovel and thank you enough!
If PVP is released as an expansion then I'll have a good reason not to buy it. I play Diablo 3 to kill monsters, not other players.
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

Thank you for your input.
i think PVP will be launched the patch before the expansion. how about that? so no one is right or wrong :D
So if I get matched, like. Wait. What?? Does anyone know what that matchmaking system will do? Like.

Am I judged by like total intelligence gained? Or?
10/11/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Slay
f PVP is released as an expansion then I'll have a good reason not to buy it. I play Diablo 3 to kill monsters, not other players.

they not going to force you to pvp when they release it.
THIS GAME SUCKS
View profile
10/10/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Zengcheng

which will come first, pvp patch or heart of the swarm?

The end of the world!!!!

Well it's already 2012 and at the rate they're going with patches....

INTO THE SHIP!!!
If it is an expansion that costs money, Blizzard will have so much hate cramed down their throats they will have to do someth... wait...DRM? oh constant online play? wait what? oh ok

IF BLIZZ DOES DO THIS AND YOU BUY THE PvP ANYWAY YOU ARE THE PROBLEM AND REASON THEY CAN STILL GET AWAY WITH THIS.

and if its not, cool i wanna try a couple things in the arena i think will be cool :)

THIS GAME SUCKS

10/11/2012 12:32 PMPosted by ShadowStarr5
INTO THE SHIP!!!

10/11/2012 12:38 PMPosted by NagaStorm07
CAN STILL GET AWAY WITH THIS

I don't understand why none of you had all caps explanations of what possible criterion the matchmaking system might use.
I thought that games are played for fun. Looks like people spend more time complaining about things than playing the game. PvP would be great, and yes they should have released it with the game but if it was not working right then it would just fuel more complaining.

I come on here to look for news about anything that might be going to happen with the game and this is far from it. Maybe if someone was to just simply ask if PvP is going to come out and why it did not, we would get an answer.

Dear Blizzard,

I took a break from Diablo 1+2 after having my kids. Now I have started with Diablo 3 and think that there might be a good reason to think that PvP should have come out with it.

I would love to know if it will be coming soon and if there is a reason that it was not released with the game?

I would like to thank you for all the fun I have had playing the other versions of Diablo and look forward to playing Diablo 3 in the future.

Cueball

P.S. WOW sucks hairy, sweaty ballz
Edited by Cueball#1911 on 10/11/2012 12:49 PM PDT
10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

dont count on this happenning, no charge hahahahhahhahahhahahahahahhahahaha
Just because 1.04 to 1.05 took a while to develop, does not mean we need to wait for 6, 7, 8, and 9 before 1.1 can be released... 1.1 can pop out any time they choose.
10/10/2012 02:19 PMPosted by GoatForSale
PvP may be an expansion but it will be free, it was marketed as part of the title at launch if they charge for it, there will be lawsuits.

People always spout off about law suits. Does anyone even know what it takes to successfully sue Blizzard and win because all I ever see is talk. You bought the game knowing it had no PVP. I doubt you could sue them. Where is the legally binding document that describes the pvp that you are entitled to for your original purchase.

More importantly which one of you 12 year olds is actually going to follow through.
Edited by Raiden#1985 on 10/11/2012 2:03 PM PDT
Well , people just dont realize , developpers are humans too.

They make errors , marketing makes its job too , and players just cry all the time .

Why don't you just go enjoy your game , and after that your life ?

En serio dejen de joder
I remember the demo already had a Versus mode on the selection screen, which seem to indicate they did had plans to implement PvP on release.

Charging for the PvP content would be a bad move by ActivisonBlizzard. People were promised PvP. Even ActivisionBlizzard wouldn't be that stupid considering the problems at launch and rage already aimed at them. (Bobby Kotick will probably have a temper tantrum over this though, since he doesn't care about anything else than filling his own wallet. I can see his PA wiping the drool from his chin when he sees the potential $$$.)
its all for hype ya know, they can put pvp out right now its not hard you've seen the videos it basically all there, then when they release it will suck just like the game already does!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]