Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

[quote]Posted by Vaneras

Diablo III will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

ble game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

I cannot believe the audacity of these blizzard blues and the stupid that comes out of their keyboards. First of all Blizzards patches or any "NEW" content should be free because they gave us an unfinished game to begin with. Why should the players pay for Blizzards F..k-up? Both Diablo 1 & 2 had PVP upon release and they had 10 years to make D3 so WTF? As for PVP, all we need is a hostile button like its predecessors. This is Diablo not WOW, They have WOW-A-fied, Disney-fied & disgraced the Diablo trilogy enough lets not screw it up any more than it already is. This does not require an expansion just a patch which should have been included upon release. We are tired of Blizzards lame excuses for lousy incompetent work. While they are at it, remove these stupid WOW cool downs on spells. That is so retarded and has no place in a Diablo game like most other WOW crap they put in it.
Edited by Kaballa#1523 on 10/12/2012 2:22 AM PDT
10/10/2012 02:47 PMPosted by CuttRogue
Regarding PVP, aside from the arena setting PVP, we cannot provide any new information at this time. But on the topic of PVP, we want to clarify one important point: Many rumor mills online are saying that the PVP will be unlocked only through DLC, which is false. PVP arena will be added in the form of patch update and will not require any additional purchase.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/103cqf/more_105_details/

Now shut up, kiddo.

This is worth repeating ...
Posted by CuttRogue
Regarding PVP, aside from the arena setting PVP, we cannot provide any new information at this time. But on the topic of PVP, we want to clarify one important point: Many rumor mills online are saying that the PVP will be unlocked only through DLC, which is false. PVP arena will be added in the form of patch update and will not require any additional purchase.

Now shut up, kiddo.

is it?? I don't think the point of this thread is that people seriously believe that PvP will be paid content.
Posted by CuttRogue

Now shut up, kiddo.

is it?? I don't think the point of this thread is that people seriously believe that PvP will be paid content.

Yes it is since there seems to be an abundance of people who still believe that it will be either DLC or Expansion for PvP. Then again, those people do not listen to reason to begin with so it most likely falls onto deaf metaphorical ears.
10/11/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Argorios
I see nothing has changed in the past month. Do you seriously think WoW is dying? do more research son.

Yes, WOW is dying...Me, my son and my girlfriend has played WOW for years and we have watched it become more Disney land with each expansion. Once MoP was released that was the last straw. Kung-Fu Pandas'.."Give me a break", both of us are cancelling our subscription. We have also played Diablo since D1 & we are sooo pissed off over what they have done to D3 its sickening. Though we are still playing D3 casually as a distraction we are discussing deleting that as well. Blizzard really needs to fire that Jay Wilson crew and hire some real game developers who does not have "Walt Disney", "Looney Toons" or World of Warcraft on their resumes.
Edited by Kaballa#1523 on 10/12/2012 2:54 AM PDT
The real question is will there be PvP specific gear? If so how many of us will quit immediately?
all we need is a "go hostile" button

WHY IS HAS IT TAKEN LONGER THAN 5 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE TO ADD ONE !@#$%^- BUTTON
10/11/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Nilrem
f people who still believe that it will be either DLC or Expansion for PvP

nooo, haha you heard, they said. Be serious. People just still think its worthwhile saying pvp will be an expansion because that's how it -feels-, like that's what blizzard feels like now to them, its a subjective expression, it isn't literal. OP doesn't serious face think that the Blizzard is going to go 40 bucks guys or no PVP.
f people who still believe that it will be either DLC or Expansion for PvP

nooo, haha you heard, they said. Be serious. People just still think its worthwhile saying pvp will be an expansion because that's how it -feels-, like that's what blizzard feels like now to them, its a subjective expression, it isn't literal. OP doesn't serious face think that the Blizzard is going to go 40 bucks guys or no PVP.

You may be giving people too much credit. Considering the dribble that appears on these forums and the long standing history of these forums and the theories that appears, I wont be to quick to dismiss what they say.

P.s. What is with your quote of me... lol.
Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 10/12/2012 12:20 AM PDT
lol Free to play game? Considering how much money you need to invest in a char to play the game...
This is Diablo not WOW, They have WOW-A-fied, Disney-fied & [u]discraced the Diablo trilogy enough lets not screw it up any more than it already is. This does not require an expansion just a patch which should have been included upon release. We are tired of Blizzards lame excuses for lousy incompetent work. While they are at it, remove these stupid WOW cool downs on spells. That is so retarded and has no place in a Diablo game like most other WOW crap they put in it.

Please tell me you somehow you hit the letter c instead of g, and that it was an accident.
10/12/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Valor
lol Free to play game? Considering how much money you need to invest in a char to play the game...

I'm sorry, are you under the impression you have to spend money? Sure i know people who blew hundreds of dollars in the RMAH, but i know plenty of people over 150k dps that didn't spend any there at all....
Edited by Dalamarius#1244 on 10/12/2012 12:53 AM PDT
10/12/2012 12:01 AMPosted by MajorAjer
The real question is will there be PvP specific gear? If so how many of us will quit immediately?

All hard core Diablo fans plus everyone else..All the game needs is the hostile button of D1 & D2. Considering only WoW fans want this PVP/Arena/gear check/match making care bear crap in the first place and they will get bored and be back over playing WoW after a while anyway, we can just say "everyone".. As long as Blizzard keeps letting the WoW fans (kids) dictate an "Adult" game (Diablo does have an age requirement) and continually over riding the input of the true Diablo fans.. this game was DOA..By Blizzard putting their Disney land, WoW crap in Diablo III says they made it for children anyway so why even have a fake age requirement? If this game is to be saved Blizzard must reverse course immediately. Find a new Dev crew, stop letting Winney the Poo write the software, hire an adult or something..They owe us a free expansion merely to undo what they have done to correct the game before we can even ask for an actual expansion. This game is not marking its longevity, its on an E.R. life support. We need to save it before we even try to prolong its life.
Edited by Kaballa#1523 on 10/12/2012 2:49 AM PDT
Right.
Just simple errors in rolling items could give Blizz money from the AH in a bit. For example, the Unity ring which doesn't drop, the Mempo of Twilight which doesn't roll the primary stats, and etc. It's like having new legendary items and AH will get bit busier with them. By the way, drops will be better so it would be busy for the first few weeks.

I have no idea when they will have PvP but we could follow the rate of patch versions and 1.1 is a long time from now.

Wrong...

Blizzard does not need to charge for the 1.10 PVP patch because they will make a ton of cash from a whole new wave of trading items that have good PVP affixes.

You guys just don't get it do you... All Blizzard has to do is introduce a new mechanic or affix and they make instant cash as players start trading items on the RMAH or trading Gold for $.

Trust me the PVP patch will in some way encourage use of the RMAH and thats all they need to make a profit. If you think nerds are willing to pay real $ for PVE items just wait till they introduce PVP into Diablo III. Ego and ladder rankings are a huge motivator and will definitely bring back a very competitive crowd of players into Diablo who are willing to buy their way to the top.
There's a lot of "previous statements" Blizzard has made regarding Diablo 3

From a fan's perspective, I will say we will only believe it once it's actually true. Until then, no matter what Blizzard says will be taken with a grain of salt.

There is absolutely no reason to trust this company

Well some people who know Blizzard games know that they ALWAYS delayed releases of games,patches etc... thats just how they work,polishing content ..watch Blizz history on youtube f.e. , you will get a picture after that.
This is Diablo not WOW, They have WOW-A-fied, Disney-fied & [u]discraced the Diablo trilogy enough lets not screw it up any more than it already is. This does not require an expansion just a patch which should have been included upon release. We are tired of Blizzards lame excuses for lousy incompetent work. While they are at it, remove these stupid WOW cool downs on spells. That is so retarded and has no place in a Diablo game like most other WOW crap they put in it.

Please tell me you somehow you hit the letter c instead of g, and that it was an accident.

C or G?..Oh, I get it, another 12 year old spelling Bee champion..While I am more concerned with content and message you troll the forums critiquing the spelling of others. At least I can speak, write, spell & even misspell in three languages, how about you smart !@#.. I am glad to see that you have your English down to a science. Go back to school kid.

The WoW FORUM IS OVER THERE--------------->>>>>
Edited by Kaballa#1523 on 10/12/2012 2:08 AM PDT
Vaeflare,

Considering that you have delayed the PvP patch for this long, its not hard to imagine that after, lets say ... 2 years of delays you will choose to pack it as a gold feature in the next expansion instead of offering it for free.

Just release it already, stop the "its ready when its ready" bs. Prioritize, triage and release while you still have some customers left to release it to. Its not 80s or 90s software development anymore, waiting for years for a release does not fly anymore. Its 2012, we are living the times of SCRUM, 1-4 weeks sprints and micro releases.

Also, whats with the concept shift? You said no new content for D3 and now you are boasting that you are regularly releasing multiple new content for Diablo III. Which is it now?
100 Worgen Hunter
10/10/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Plaguespree
+1 there updates are sure to be centered on RMAH sales.

This is why there will be specific PvP gear.
You really think they are going to make a whole new set of items just by adding in patch? I really bet it is going to be in an expansion. 1.10 probably wont even be out from a year from now if it goes at this rate on how long the patches take to be done. Just look at how long it took from 1.04 to when 1.05 was announced to now. Do the math.

Its still a possibility but it isnt stupid to think it wont happen. The game is already going downhill they probably tested the PvP Realm with the current items/builds now and eralized it wasnt good enough or it was severely unbalanced. Why else for the delay? We all saw the videos from that blizzcon in 2010. They obviously had it already set up but chose not to release for who knows what reason. All we can do is speculate.

They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...

Even if i don't like RMAH, mainly because... yeah, money can buy you some skills (the world is done like that), but the fact is that even without a RMAH, people that can afford gears with money would have done it anyway RMAH or not. The real problem is not RMAH, the real problem is 1) The bots or any other "non-real" farming machines that inject gear or money in the system that would otherwise not be there and 2) Can we be sure that "all" the money/gear in the system is 100% coming from farming or is there some that have been injected from Blizzard... We just can't know it.

Cya :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]