Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

I would rather pay 40 bucks and have a good quaility release, but no we have to beta test, and wipe eveyones tushies.

Login this morning to chk sales and bam, 246 games . . .

Back to POE, free, fast updates, no BS from GGG.

I still chk in here and do the sales thing, just so gay and watered down, only a moron keeps playing reg.
[quote="67931822832"]
Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict and only come to light once millions of players have logged in, pushed the limits of the game's design, and shared their feedback.

A real beta, instead of just the first 10 seconds of act one normal, would have went a long
way to helping solve these "certain" issues.
Hrmm... If the game was shipped after you (Blizz) were satisfied then why have we had a patch roughly every month since release? And let's all be honest here - almost every patch has been an extreme of either way overbuff to totally crippling. Blizz has a terrible habit of trying to create "build diversity" by nerfing popular builds which result in EVERYONE falling to the next popular build. This is 2012; we all have access to the internet. Information is now instant which makes for an impossibility of there ever truly being build diversity because anyone can google search for best *class* build and go with it. Stop messing with our skills and hidden co-effs and start looking for real diversity cause these patches are getting old.
10/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is just "we couldn't fit it in by release; so, we are going to act like we worked really hard on all of this things post-launch to show the players we are listening."

In terms of PvP, we didn't feel like the system we had at the time we launched Diablo III was up to par, so we elected not to release it along side the actual game. We continuing to work on PvP, though, and are currently looking to release it with 1.1.0 as a free content update (as we've said before). We also hope to share more updates in the near future on its progress.

In terms of the actual game, our development team had total say on if and when Diablo III was ready for release, and we shipped it only after we felt it had met our vision for what a great game could be on day 1. Every game that Blizzard has released, though, has had some problems after launch -- either in terms of design or actual bugs. Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict and only come to light once millions of players have logged in, pushed the limits of the game's design, and shared their feedback.

And that's okay, because one of the things that has always stood out about Blizzard is that we're never satisfied with our games and will continue to work on them for years after release to make them more balanced, more engaging, and (hopefully) more fun. Patches, hotfixes, class balances, new systems -- this is all part of the normal process for supporting a Blizzard game and its community post-launch, and we'll continue to grow and improve Diablo III for a long time to come. Paragon, Monster Power, and Infernal Machine are great examples of this, but they certainly weren't features we sat on for the initial release of the game. They were ideas we explored after watching how players progressed and seeing what we could do to make the user experience better and more fulfilling.

Just keep providing us with your feedback and talking to us about what you like (and, more importantly, what you don't), and we'll do everything we can to make this game one of Blizzard's greatest.

Well said CM. Thanks for the continued hard work and commitment to make D3 what it should be.

Good luck in future developments. Keep us posted as I know you will.

Thanks again :D
10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

I LOVE how they keep remarking that PVP will be a FREE update as it was some sort of new feature or added value. Lol
In terms of the actual game, our development team had total say on if and when Diablo III was ready for release, and we shipped it only after we felt it had met our vision for what a great game could be on day 1

LOL

Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict

The state Diablo 3 launched shows CLEARLY that the game had little to no testing, at all.

Proof? Monks abusing serenity, DH abusing smoke, Wiz abusing force armor/regen.

All of these were discovered in DAY FRICKING ONE, they were that OBVIOUS, It shows that you guys didn't even bothered to play in inferno, if you did you would know the brick wall it used to be, and would know how powerfull these builds were.
Edited by DiE#1363 on 10/12/2012 3:42 PM PDT
I just took a screenshot of this post so that way, when they release PVP in a patch, we can all agree that this was wrong. Mark my words.
that's cool lyrilla

but IMHO, your patches took too long, especially this 1.05
i think it's better you release it in a couple small patches, instead you took your time for a big patch.

like for an example that 1 second ID, you could just hotfix it right?
and some bugs relating such as on legendary , you could fix it on weekly maintenance as usual.

things like skills changes, i understand need to be tested for balances, and you need it to be final before release. so you don't have to "nerf" or "buff" it more often.
because it'll hurt players gold :)
Hostile button. BUT revise it so the other player has to accept it, and if the player declines it the other player cannot send another hostile invite. Also slightly beside the point "lock" the exp bar while char is in hostile mode to avoid unintentional exp gain in case the player wants to stay a certain lvl.
Paragon, Monster Power, and Infernal Machine are great examples of this, but they certainly weren't features we sat on for the initial release of the game. They were ideas we explored after watching how players progressed and seeing what we could do to make the user experience better and more fulfilling.

Just keep providing us with your feedback and talking to us about what you like (and, more importantly, what you don't), and we'll do everything we can to make this game one of Blizzard's greatest.

Personally what I've seen from playing the public test of Patch 1.05, I think it's a big step in the right direction. More treasure, adjustable difficulty, greater rewards, etc. People will still complain regardless, but definitely I can see elements of the constructive feedback at work in that patch. If you haven't tried it yet, you owe it to yourself to "give it a whirl" before making any more negative posts.
Edited by DivineStyler#1122 on 10/12/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict and only come to light once millions of players have logged in, pushed the limits of the game's design, and shared their feedback.

In other words...we didn't listen to the posts from closed/public beta testers, because we didn't think they knew what they were talking about...but now that MILLIONS of people are complaining about the same things, we're aware there's a problem.
Edited by DeadMeat#1818 on 10/12/2012 4:35 PM PDT
here's the thing, the game wasnt full done, because of the bug fixers, and few other people at blizzard, didnt do their job, but they were fined. they thought the game was done because the graphic designers, and the and the story writers did their job, so they "thought" it was done, PLEASE STOP BLAMING ALL OF BLIZARDS EMPLOYEES, MOST OF THEM DID THEIR JOB, A FEW OF THEM SCREWED IT FOR ALL OF US... ALL THE OTHER EMPLOYEES ARE TRYING TO FIX A FEW OTHERS MISTAKES... THEY ARE WORKING HARD, STOP BLAMING THEM ALL

BLIZZARD, PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS POST, AND TELL ME THAT I AM RIGHT OR WRONG ON THIS
Edited by ArmoredAngel#1769 on 10/12/2012 4:37 PM PDT
It would be really nice if blizzard could add a duel system in the meantime like many mmo's have, it doesn't matter if it's balanced or not, it's just to have fun battling our friends and trying builds for when pvp hits.
LOLno PvPno Endgameno cool Itemsextremly broken buildshalf done AHno stable serversnot fun to play deathfest infernomany farming methods ''needing nerfs''ton of very useless spells (which are all still very useless)We're ready to ship guys! Lets launch this awsome AAA AH simulator!

LMAO, all ur info is true, but beleive me, its not every1's fault
It's a long wait Blizzard, better be good when it comes out or risk further downgrading across all board.

Step 4
-Balance but don't balance with a bulldozer

fun should be the primary concern, not an afterthought of "well we balanced the game, our balance design didn't endup fun "o well"......

It should be
"we made a really fun game, but its a little imbalanced, what light changes can we make that wont detract from the fun of the game, but still keep it fair, fun and engaging for all our players no matter what class they play?

You guys have your design philosophy backwards.

A master stroke.

+1
10/12/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Noodles
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

I LOVE how they keep remarking that PVP will be a FREE update as it was some sort of new feature or added value. Lol

No kidding they are repeating the sentiment; it is because people keep posting that it will be a DLC or we wont get it until the Expansion. trying to knock some sense into people that seems to be almost a wasted effort.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]