Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

1v1 duels or nothing.

GIVE US A HOSTILE BUTTON....please for the love of god give us what we want.

Everyone that wants to duel, not arena PvP, everyone that wants this please post in this thread.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/12/2012 4:58 PM PDT
1v1 duels or nothing.

GIVE US A HOSTILE BUTTON....please for the love of god give us what we want.

Everyone that wants to duel, not arena PvP, everyone that wants this please post in this thread.

Seriously, it's that easy, just give us a hostile button.

Jay: ''waaaaaaa i suck in d2 so d2 must suck waaghaaa''

Ok, carebe.. i mean Jay, what if we had a pk option BEFORE making games, and these games can have the hostile button, no need for your fancy(bad) arena.
Edited by DiE#1363 on 10/12/2012 5:14 PM PDT
10/10/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Puissant
I just wish the industry had a name for a title in a stage where all the end features are not present. Oh wait they do its called pre-alpha/alpha, and here you thought you guys were beta testing.

Diablo 3 to ostatnia gra jaką kupiłem w dniu premiery, a zwłaszcza Blizzarda gry nigdy już nie kupię w premierę. Rok conajmniej musi upłynąc, dość mam już bycia beta testerem tych cholernych gier. Podoba mi się Twój post, pozdrawiam:) I agree with You, if you can translate this:)
[quote="67931822832"]

Just keep providing us with your feedback and talking to us about what you like (and, more importantly, what you don't), and we'll do everything we can to make this game one of Blizzard's greatest.

I'd like Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch Arenas where you don't use your character (or your gear). After the round starts, each team gets 1 minute to set skills (based on what class you chose that round) and open 5 resplendant chests. You equip yourself with what you find and can also drop class specific gear for others on your team.

Capture the Flag should be on vast playfields that go past guard outposts, forests, fields etc, with several ways through. More equipment drops in chests etc around the battlefield and you can also pick up what drops from anyone you kill.

An alternative would be where you use your character and you gain Paragon XP for the matches, but you dont have access to your gear.

I think the point is that PVP is going to be quickly dominated by the top tier players. Only the top 20% are even going to bother playing, as the rest of the people/casual players etc will have no reason to play aside from providing a meal for the top tier players.
[quote]

In terms of the actual game, our development team had total say on if and when Diablo III was ready for release, and we shipped it only after we felt it had met our vision for what a great game could be on day 1. Every game that Blizzard has released, though, has had some problems after launch -- either in terms of design or actual bugs. Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict and only come to light once millions of players have logged in, pushed the limits of the game's design, and shared their feedback.

And that's okay, because one of the things that has always stood out about Blizzard is that we're never satisfied with our games and will continue to work on them for years after release to make them more balanced, more engaging, and (hopefully) more fun. Patches, hotfixes, class balances, new systems -- this is all part of the normal process for supporting a Blizzard game and its community post-launch, and we'll continue to grow and improve Diablo III for a long time to come. Paragon, Monster Power, and Infernal Machine are great examples of this, but they certainly weren't features we sat on for the initial release of the game. They were ideas we explored after watching how players progressed and seeing what we could do to make the user experience better and more fulfilling.

when I read these lines I wonder why so many features from the beta got cut from the game. Like the mystic. I mean we all know you will bring it with the XPack. That is gonna happen for sure. But why the AH changes? As an artificial time sink to keep people to look up the AH more or buy stuff they dont want that much but got sick of looking for the one good piece? Why reintroducing the 6 slot AH search after it was already present during closed beta? Just wondering.

Oh and about Infernal machine. You guys killed it, srsly. The Hellfire Nerf made the whole event pointless and look more like a by-product than the core of Patch 105. Handful of people, probably mostly streamers will farm that ring. But well, that's it. Some people will kill keywardens and see if the keys drop and other, like me, wont set a foot in another act than act 3 because you killed the reason to do so.

This is so blatantly wrong it's not even funny.

Lets look at the hellfire ring real quick.

Experience Gain 35% [given]
[170-200] of chosen main stat [given]
Chance to throw fireball [given] which now does an bonus 25k damage that can't be had on any other ring.
+4 Random Mods

So what's this mean? It means Hellfire ring is BiS.

You can have
Experience Gain 35%
+ 200 Dex
Chance to throw Hellfire Fireball
+ 100 Vitality
+ 9% Attack Speed
+ 50% Critical Hit Damage
+ 8.0% Critical Hit Chance

There is no better ring in the game than that right there, period.

Will you have to run it more than once to get that? Assuredly.

I made the infernal machine in 2 hours at MP4. It'll take 6 runs of the Infernal Machine at MP4 to get a ring roll.

The higher the MP level the better your chance.

So if you have a guy that can farm MP10, you can make 1 ring every 2 hours.

Tell me where in the game you can find 1 ilvl 63 ring every two hours garaunteed, that is 100% going to have 170-200 mainstat?

No where.

The nerf was necessary, and if left at 3 million damage, would trivialize the entire point of the game, and make everyone run around with a hellfire ring no matter how terrible it was.

Furthermore, it would take the average player none less than 4 days to make one.

Sounds reasonable to just give everyone 3 million damage on a ring doesn't it?

Wtf are you guys smoking.

Hellfire Ring is still BiS, is still worth farming for, is still very easy to get and make, not to mention -- you still get the same loot table as act 3 while you do it, meaning you will still find legs and sets and great rares doing it.

It makes no sense to farm Act III unless you aren't strong enough to do MP 4, but if you can do act 3 runs, you can do MP4 -- so, yeah.... makes no sense.
Edited by Laokin#1676 on 10/12/2012 5:39 PM PDT
I don't think duels would be that hard to implement and could be a lot of fun.. and there is no need for rankings or anything so it doesn't matter if all classes aren't balanced for 1v1.
10/12/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Skom
I don't think duels would be that hard to implement and could be a lot of fun.. and there is no need for rankings or anything so it doesn't matter if all classes aren't balanced for 1v1.

Yep, duels should totally be in the game.

Right click portrait of would be adversary -> Duel Challenge

Receiver of the challenge gets a prompt much like a boss room.

"Accept Duel -> Yes/No"

Fight.

wtf do I need an arena for to do a 1v1.

I get the arena, keep it, release it in 1.1 but let that be the ranked team based PvP and let us get our 1v1's in the game.

To not let us do this is about as stupid as breaking the free roam way point system.
It's about as stupid as barbs being the OP farming class.
It's about as stupid as making a sequel with less features than the previous installment.
It's about as stupid as "Because I said so."
It's about as stupid as making followers solo only, especially when we have MP10.

Diablo II had mercs for every player and 8 players in a game, effectively making it 16 characters on the screen, not counting Valkyrie or Golems and Skeletons.

They don't even do all that much, but they do give you a solo play advantage over playing with other players -- what advantage is that? 20% g/f m/f and experience gain of what you put on them.

Meaning all endgame farmers will prefer to farm alone rather than with other players, they get more MF/GF/EG and easier monsters.

WTF is wrong with Blizzard, it's like they caught a case of the stupids.

These designs literally make no sense and are tantamount to "Because we said so."

Why can't I get 5 stacks and kill Ghom/Siege Breaker/Cydea/Azmodan without a 3 hour time sink. It's getting old clicking "Second Sin Heart" collecting 5 stacks, killing Cydea, then Azmodan -- exiting the game and doing it again.

Wasn't the point of the NV and the champions to stop people from farming one boss over and over and over?

If it was, again -- it's a stupid design because all that anybody does is the equivalent to doing Mephisto runs over and over in DII.

I wanna be able to start at the prime evil, and go fight any boss I wish, from Act I -> Act IV. The fact that they don't spawn if you select a quest beyond them is beyond retarded, lets just call it what it is.

It's removing fun from the game, period -- the end. Note, this isn't fun because it's over powered, it's fun because I have the freedom of choice to play how I'd like to, instead of playing how Blizzard says I should.

What happens when I do an Azmodan run, and I'm with a party, and it's getting late, but we finished the Azmodan run?

In DII, we could have snapped back to Act I and opened a Cow Level. In Diablo III, it would be nice to be like, "Ponies then bed?" But no, I'd have to exit the game, create a new one in Act 1, collect my 5 stacks, then open the pony level, which takes an extra 15 minutes, which pads the time to 30 minutes instead of 15.

Not fun to pad my time played.
Edited by Laokin#1676 on 10/12/2012 6:05 PM PDT
10/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
we're never satisfied with our games and will continue to work on them for years after release to make them more balanced, more engaging, and (hopefully) more fun.

Lylirra, this bothers me quite a bit.
Why does "fun" here sound more like an afterthought?
And balance was mentioned first? Does it take precedence over the other two?

I would have hoped that your team would have focused on making the game FUN first and make it balanced later. If it's fun to play, players will become more engaged, so that takes care of itself.

Thoughts?
10/12/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Skom

I can honestly say that if we had a hostile button, if me and my friends could duel between farms, I wouldn't have quit. I'm waiting for 1.05 to play again but even then, I just don't see D3 holding my interest without PvP.

The problem with arena is that classes will be funneled into specific builds.....if you don't run build "X" or build "Y" you're getting kicked. A whole new round of class/skill balances will ensue and likely never end (see Guild Wars 1 PvP). We have to wait lord knows how long for that to even start....when all they have to do to make thousands of players very happy is add a dang hostile button.
6 months later and still no PVP.

Really interest how average geared players able to take on players with elite gear. How many hit can player take from a players does 200k dps.
Average player got 35-50k of health, elite geared player got 100-200k dps. So one hit can kill average player 2-4 times in a row:D I think pvp will be a nice comedy haha
10/10/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Assault
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

which will come first, pvp patch or heart of the swarm?

Hopefully heart of the swarm.
10/12/2012 06:27 PMPosted by DevilsNight
Average player got 35-50k of health, elite geared player got 100-200k dps. So one hit can kill average player 2-4 times in a row:D I think pvp will be a nice comedy haha

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6076997675?page=15#290

07/11/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Bashiok
Maybe! We'll see. It's team death match, so you keep respawning after each death. Just that fact alone we kind of expect it to be a bit of a meat grinder.

PVP is far more important than infernal machine or drop rates any other changes you have planned.

IMO, on the scale of Most Important to Least Important, PVP rates slightly below "What order should the janitor at Blizzard empty the trashcans."

--H
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]