Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

The "carebear" argument has always been a fallacy and a strawman.

It's not about carebears. It's about griefer and griefing. And people who are most quick to throw around carebear are usually people who like to grief, and then call people whiners for being upset that they got griefed.

And then throw Carebear into the mix in some juvenile effort to ridicule or shame those who disagree with them.

Typically insecure, attention seeking, infantile provocateur types.

Says the internet guy calling ''fallacys'' with nothing more than his personal opinion on the subject and doing personality checks over a forum post from a game. Typical underachiever, with social fobia and anxiety problems (see what i did there?)

Seriously now, you're probably the kind of person who thinks CoD and Doom makes people go on school shootouts.

Since you missed my point entirely let me rewrite it to you, don't want to be ''griefed''? Then uncheck the PK option and you will only enter careb... err hmm normal games.

But we all know you can't resist the thrill, can you?
Edited by DiE#1363 on 10/12/2012 7:41 PM PDT
types."

Says the internet guy calling ''fallacys'' with nothing more than his personal opinion on the subject and doing personality checks over a forum post from a game. Typical

oh no! I don't think you guys are talking about the possibility that Blizzard will release PvP as a paid expansion pack anymore!
What if it's like, like they keep asking for where people can just be like: "Kill you." -- I guess the personalized loot strikes against 'loot duels' which there seems to be nostalgia for.
10/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is just "we couldn't fit it in by release; so, we are going to act like we worked really hard on all of this things post-launch to show the players we are listening."

In terms of PvP, we didn't feel like the system we had at the time we launched Diablo III was up to par, so we elected not to release it along side the actual game. We're continuing to work on PvP, though, and are currently looking to release it with 1.1.0 as a free content update (as we've said before). We also hope to share more updates in the near future on its progress.

In terms of the actual game, our development team had total say on if and when Diablo III was ready for release, and we shipped it only after we felt it had met our vision for what a great game could be on day 1. Every game that Blizzard has released, though, has had some problems after launch -- either in terms of design or actual bugs. Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict and only come to light once millions of players have logged in, pushed the limits of the game's design, and shared their feedback.

And that's okay, because one of the things that has always stood out about Blizzard is that we're never satisfied with our games and will continue to work on them for years after release to make them more balanced, more engaging, and (hopefully) more fun. Patches, hotfixes, class balances, new systems -- this is all part of the normal process for supporting a Blizzard game and its community post-launch, and we'll continue to grow and improve Diablo III for a long time to come. Paragon, Monster Power, and Infernal Machine are great examples of this, but they certainly weren't features we sat on for the initial release of the game. They were ideas we explored after watching how players progressed and seeing what we could do to make the user experience better and more fulfilling.

Just keep providing us with your feedback and talking to us about what you like (and, more importantly, what you don't), and we'll do everything we can to make this game one of Blizzard's greatest.

Question....if it wasn't in because it wasn't up to par then why was any of the game released? Cause frankly none of it is up to par with what Blizzard use to stand for.
This is just "we couldn't fit it in by release; so, we are going to act like we worked really hard on all of this things post-launch to show the players we are listening."

Just keep providing us with your feedback and talking to us about what you like (and, more importantly, what you don't), and we'll do everything we can to make this game one of Blizzard's greatest.

Are you sure about that? Because, what it seems like people want is a robust pvp system with 8 players per game, in a vast open randomly generated field where players have the freedom to play the way they want. In other words, they wanted a diablo sequel. What they didn't want was to be crammed into a tiny arena by a matchmaker service. While that would be a great option, it should be just that, an option.
Edited by Infernii#1202 on 10/12/2012 9:10 PM PDT
View profile

Seriously, it's that easy, just give us a hostile button.

Jay: ''waaaaaaa i suck in d2 so d2 must suck waaghaaa''

Ok, carebe.. i mean Jay, what if we had a pk option BEFORE making games, and these games can have the hostile button, no need for your fancy(bad) arena.

The "carebear" argument has always been a fallacy and a strawman.

It's not about carebears. It's about griefer and griefing. And people who are most quick to throw around carebear are usually people who like to grief, and then call people whiners for being upset that they got griefed.

And then throw Carebear into the mix in some juvenile effort to ridicule or shame those who disagree with them.

Typically insecure, attention seeking, infantile provocateur types.

Why can't you understand the concept of "mutual" hostile? Why? Why is this so hard to wrap your brains around?

We want to duel our friends, have tourny's etc. Not murder sissy's.

M U T U A L

MUTUAL

mu--------tual
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/12/2012 10:04 PM PDT
wasnt up to par? you only had like 10 years to work on the game.
are you freaking retarded the developers announced pvp before the game came out
Anyone who knows marketing and business could have told you from the moment the game was released without PVP that it would be rolled out in an expansion. The fact that there are to this day numerous flaws, bugs, bad game designs, and tons of other things wrong and throw in sheer laziness from the developers could only mean one thing when it came to PVP.

(Lets see just how much money we can suck out of this game before it completely tanks and everyone's gone, then lets release the expansion with new playable content and PVP that all the customers have been waiting and asking for and reel them back into the game and oh yeah charge them more money while were at it.)

Cause no matter how many leave or complain, or whatever else. When PVP comes out there will still be enough customers willing to hop up and pay for the expansion to still make the profits more than worthwhile to a greedy, neglectful, and plain disappointing Blizzard!
View profile
Anyone who knows marketing and business could have told you from the moment the game was released without PVP that it would be rolled out in an expansion. The fact that there are to this day numerous flaws, bugs, bad game designs, and tons of other things wrong and throw in sheer laziness from the developers could only mean one thing when it came to PVP.

(Lets see just how much money we can suck out of this game before it completely tanks and everyone's gone, then lets release the expansion with new playable content and PVP that all the customers have been waiting and asking for and reel them back into the game and oh yeah charge them more money while were at it.)

Cause no matter how many leave or complain, or whatever else. When PVP comes out there will still be enough customers willing to hop up and pay for the expansion to still make the profits more than worthwhile to a greedy, neglectful, and plain disappointing Blizzard!

That's dumb.

I'm not sure where you learned how to create a successful business model, but with one such as you described, a business wouldn't last a year.

Grow up.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/13/2012 12:24 AM PDT
10/12/2012 12:27 PMPosted by dzyre
Monk needs a buff *nuff said*.
Its not a business model and furthermore I didn't say it was good business either. Its just a simple conclusion to come to from what we have seen so far from this company. In fact even though its not a ethical and consumer friendly business tactic its still a potentially smart and profitable one. As long as I have been in business for both multi-million dollar companies as well as my time in school, this is simply my observation and opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but when addressing someone as dumb and making irrelevant comments such as "Grow Up" isn't something necessary in a polite conversation between adults. So if your only addition into this topic is as such then I suggest you look into heading your own advice.

And further more, "No one said business in this world was polite!"
View profile
Firstly, I apologize for stepping to you (BIZZY) like you were some freshly admitted college hipster. I didn't speak well toward you. Communicating here, on this forum, has gotten the better of me. I am sorry for the dosage of disrespect.

It's been said ad nauseam....PvP will be free. It was reiterated here, in this thread, by a blue. I feel Blizzard was well meaning in their endeavor with D3, albeit misguided. I encourage them to take their time in developing a truly entertaining PvP format. As we've seen with numerous other PvP offerings, they often present themselves as flat, imbalanced and unfulfilled.

My issue with the game, as it currently stands, is that they've ignored the meat and taters of the Diablo franchise. Dueling one another in a free and open world format was quite a draw for the core fan.

It would be so easy for them to implement a mutual hostiling feature. It would invoke the days of old, all those nights we spent fighting each other, dueling our friends, back again.

What made Diablo 2 so appealing for so long was that the player had control of the game experience. My guild had a website and Friday night fights, rules of engagement, prizes for the winner.

These subtleties are lost now. Corporate entities have seemingly cast upon us the results of their demographics studies, player polling, someone told them the real success was in confining parameters and guidelines.

4 years I waited and I quit after 3 months. I am one of many. I can honestly explain that I would still play, I'd be playing right now, if only there was a hostile feature.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/13/2012 2:10 AM PDT
pls let me know got PVP at D3 anot thks. if not all my friend will stp the game and move to other game...... we waited too long for PVP
Its not a business model and furthermore I didn't say it was good business either. Its just a simple conclusion to come to from what we have seen so far from this company. In fact even though its not a ethical and consumer friendly business tactic its still a potentially smart and profitable one. As long as I have been in business for both multi-million dollar companies as well as my time in school, this is simply my observation and opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but when addressing someone as dumb and making irrelevant comments such as "Grow Up" isn't something necessary in a polite conversation between adults. So if your only addition into this topic is as such then I suggest you look into heading your own advice.

And further more, "No one said business in this world was polite!"

It is a conclusion based on incredibly an incredibly weak foundation. Considering how the evidence points to its release pre-expansion, I think it is just irresponsible for people to throw out these near baseless theories when there was susceptible and gullible people on these forums.

I will put it to you Bizzy and see how how confident you are in your claim. Since, if you are so confident that it will occur with the expansion, you should have nothing to worry about. If PvP comes out before an expansion, you should delete your level 60 hero. You should not have an issue with gambling your hero if you are so confident. I dare you, double dare you, triple-dog-dare you (unless you are not confident which I believe to be the case).
@BurningRope, I graciously accept your apology, and do agree with the points you made.

@Nilrem, My statement is not based on fact and is merely an opinion for which a forum is meant. I just believe from my experience in business that it is a possibility.

So let me clarify again this is only a personnel opinion nothing more. Everyone is free to believe what they want and think how they want this is just my view.

Second to your ill attempt and trying to draw me into some irrational gamble. Save it for someone less educated. I have no need to prove myself with some male egotistical display of metaphorical strength over who is right and wrong with you. I spoke my mind nothing more nothing less.
10/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Lylirra

In terms of PvP, we didn't feel like the system we had at the time we launched Diablo III was up to par, so we elected not to release it along side the actual game. We're continuing to work on PvP, though, and are currently looking to release it with 1.1.0 as a free content update (as we've said before). We also hope to share more updates in the near future on its progress.

In terms of the actual game, our development team had total say on if and when Diablo III was ready for release, and we shipped it only after we felt it had met our vision for what a great game could be on day 1. Every game that Blizzard has released, though, has had some problems after launch -- either in terms of design or actual bugs. Even with lots of internal testing and a public beta, certain issues can be very difficult to find or predict and only come to light once millions of players have logged in, pushed the limits of the game's design, and shared their feedback.

And that's okay, because one of the things that has always stood out about Blizzard is that we're never satisfied with our games and will continue to work on them for years after release to make them more balanced, more engaging, and (hopefully) more fun. Patches, hotfixes, class balances, new systems -- this is all part of the normal process for supporting a Blizzard game and its community post-launch, and we'll continue to grow and improve Diablo III for a long time to come. Paragon, Monster Power, and Infernal Machine are great examples of this, but they certainly weren't features we sat on for the initial release of the game. They were ideas we explored after watching how players progressed and seeing what we could do to make the user experience better and more fulfilling.

I, as many of the players, want a ladder system, something to flush out the economy with a hard reset, much like the system on diablo 2. I feel this would make the game much more replayable, would make alot of people come back and it would just be in general better overall. New players that come into this economy have no place in it because of how screwed up it is. Or just make a separate version(idk something) that will have this system, I know alot of people have spent money on RMAH and what not, I myself am paragon 46 and got some decent gear but I wouldn't mind, I would actually love, for there to be a ladder system so everything would just be flushed out and you had to begin all over again, making you have that emotion of a fresh start.
Why release PVP before the RMAH is perfected? Doesn't make economic sense.
@BurningRope, I graciously accept your apology, and do agree with the points you made.

@Nilrem, My statement is not based on fact and is merely an opinion for which a forum is meant. I just believe from my experience in business that it is a possibility.

So let me clarify again this is only a personnel opinion nothing more. Everyone is free to believe what they want and think how they want this is just my view.

Second to your ill attempt and trying to draw me into some irrational gamble. Save it for someone less educated. I have no need to prove myself with some male egotistical display of metaphorical strength over who is right and wrong with you. I spoke my mind nothing more nothing less.

Good, just making sure and clarifying that it is just your opinion. Of course there is a possibility, but considering the evidence given to us, it is incredibly unlikely. Even from the development stand point, it is quite unlikely.

The thing about the business standpoint is that, it sort of blinds you to what it quite obvious. If focused on what has the potential of bringing in the most sales, it will leave one to deal in a world of the hypothetical and not reality.

Although I do not quite agree with your view even from a business perspective (I wont include marketing since I have only have business experience), I just think the rhetoric displayed here is still quite irresponsible.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]