Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

Let me just add that my post has a lot to do with what I personally have received as far as customer service and what I have seen as far business practices from this company. As well as tying into what numerous others have publicly stated as far as there personal experiences in dealing with Blizzard. So as for the evidence, there is actually a great deal of it that could very easily lead to what I originally posted. Granted if you were to actually wade threw all the feedback and sort out the petty little kids, or people just upset and pouting for this or that reason, then the evidence could quite possibly sway in a diff direction. However I don't have the conceivable skills or amount of free time to try and possibly calculate that lol. So just to put this to rest.... I posted an opinion on compiled personal and public statements, to which is still nothing other than a theory, hypothesis, guess, opinion, whatever you want to call it. The simple 1 true fact we all know and can agree on...... Is that we just don't know lol.

Question....if it wasn't in because it wasn't up to par then why was any of the game released? Cause frankly none of it is up to par with what Blizzard use to stand for.

totally agree... after getting bored i started playing D2 again and i enjoy it far more than D3 :(

more customization
talent tree

in D3 at 60 my character feels so generic is not even funny
D3 is clearly a mmo, can't wait for pvp with the gear disparity there is right now , pvp is going to be a huge mess lol
I've already determined that in Blizzard Speak the term Build Diversity means to eliminate Builds.

So just what does Balance mean in Blizzard Speak? Nerf every class to Death except one?

How come we keep getting nerfs that the majority of players disapprove of?

Why does the game keep getting patched to fit Blizzard's dream instead of the Customers Dream?

So just what does Balance mean in Blizzard Speak? Nerf every class to Death except one?

I would assume that they're only so focused on this elusive idea of balance in order to prep for PvP. Otherwise, I doubt they'd do much other than to patch-up extremely overpowered exploitative builds.

The punch in the gut for players is; After PvP is released we'll experience round after round of drastic nerfs to skills. This will likely go on for the duration of the games life, as we've seen with other games (GW1 for example).

10/13/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Slay
How come we keep getting nerfs that the majority of players disapprove of?

This may be a false narrative. People complain no matter what and the loudest voices are often the most cynical and impossible to please.

10/13/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Slay
Why does the game keep getting patched to fit Blizzard's dream instead of the Customers Dream?

I believe the patches have been going in the players direction, have they not? 1.04 was generally seen as a victory for the player, by the players. I'm not sure what you're referring to?
10/12/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Mythrandir
I've been on these forums since beta and I remember people begging for release. I remember blizz specifically saying pvp would not be in the release and that the game would be 75% completed, but the campaign would be playable all the way through.

Please link your source where a CM says the game was only going to be released 75% complete.

It was released 75% complete, but I never remember them openly saying that before launch or I wouldn't have bought the game. Which is exacly why they never said it. It was marketed as a complete game with "PvP to be released at a later date."

Also, neither players nor devs decide when a game is going to be released. No amount of forum whining would change this. Release dates are based off of the estimated completion date of the project and when marketing finds it would be the most profitable to release.

To think otherwise is childish and naive.

Wow, really?
I have been away from the D3 scene for a few weeks, yet I log in today to see the same old garbage posts posted by the same old garbage posters.
The negativity that infests these forums is shameful.
You have to be joking right? They said they have been busting their asses off on PvP, Look at the amount of support and patches we have received free of charge from the onset of this game. I dare you to find one game and company that has gone that far for a free to play game. Not only that but the developers often listen to the community feedback and implement the general consensus, just look at the PTR for crying out loud. If that doesn't show that they actually care about their customers and their game then I declare you a blind fool.

They will release the PvP patch when its good and ready for us to use it, and unless you have insight into game development and pointers on how help them do their job better, I would say you need to relax, do something else, and stop getting so heated under the collar.

Any game with a cashshop have done more then they have done in D3, and mostly they had no reason to patch out all their errors, because they actually kept what they promised from the start.
10/13/2012 05:36 AMPosted by travellerdk
Any game with a cashshop have done more then they have done in D3, and mostly they had no reason to patch out all their errors, because they actually kept what they promised from the start.

I have many issues with the game myself, but I feel it is fundamentally dishonest for you to even suggest that Blizzard hasn't worked very hard on making improvements.
You really think they are going to make a whole new set of items just by adding in patch? I really bet it is going to be in an expansion. 1.10 probably wont even be out from a year from now if it goes at this rate on how long the patches take to be done. Just look at how long it took from 1.04 to when 1.05 was announced to now. Do the math.

Its still a possibility but it isnt stupid to think it wont happen. The game is already going downhill they probably tested the PvP Realm with the current items/builds now and eralized it wasnt good enough or it was severely unbalanced. Why else for the delay? We all saw the videos from that blizzcon in 2010. They obviously had it already set up but chose not to release for who knows what reason. All we can do is speculate.

They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...

I seriously doubt that PVP gear will be purchasable. If they did that then almost literally nobody would play Diablo 3, I know I'd quit, hell if I didn't have 3 other games tied to my account id sell my account for $30.
I'm betting that with PVP will come PVP gear which is obtained simply by playing and winning in PVP battles like WOW.
As for why it's taking so long it's probably safe to say balancing issues, you can't tell me that all classes would be on even ground for PVP atm. I mean seriously, I could think of half a dozen builds between my DH WD an Wiz that would make almost any opponent playing a melee class something of a laughable fight.
"Hey Barb, you like Caltrops, Entangling Shot and Webbed Shot? No? Maybe if I sprinkle some Proxy Mines and Vault away like the cute cheerleader I am while pwning you?"

And I hope they don't release PVP as a separate expansion, But it wouldn't surprise me either.
"Diablo 3, Adria's Wake! Finish the epic story of Diablo 3 in the fight against Adria possessed by DIABLO!!! New Features Include: Player Verses Player Combat, Player Versus Player Gear and MANY MORE PVP FEATURES!!!"
All we want is a "Go Hostile" button, not arenas.

Why cant you release PVP so we can give you feedback regarding it.

Nobody is expecting a 100% perfected finished PVP system, so just give what you have currently and allow us to give our feedback.

PVP is far more important than infernal machine or drop rates any other changes you have planned.

so you are going to hostile 3 other people... how boring... d2 you could create a team and pvp. I usually ran with a barb and an amazon and take out the whole game until everyone left :)
All we want is a "Go Hostile" button, not arenas.

Why cant you release PVP so we can give you feedback regarding it.

Nobody is expecting a 100% perfected finished PVP system, so just give what you have currently and allow us to give our feedback.

PVP is far more important than infernal machine or drop rates any other changes you have planned.

so you are going to hostile 3 other people... how boring... d2 you could create a team and pvp. I usually ran with a barb and an amazon and take out the whole game until everyone left :)

The point is to have fun dueling your friends or just testing your builds against other players. This idea that hostiling is only for jerks that want to tick everyone off is what caused them to yank hostile in the first place.

If you've ever done 1v1 GM melee than you would know just how fun PvP can be. Not for everyone I suppose, but I was HEAVILY involved in competitive melee duels. It could be done in 4 player games via a ladder system. Many guilds and websites had melee duel ladders.

Allowing players to assume some control over dueling would be a wise move on Blizzards part.
your points and null and void because blizzard already stated pvp is free in 1.10 in a blue post. so moving on.
Are you people still !@#$%ing about when PvP will release? It's been know for months now that it was going to release in 1.1.0. These PvP threads are just as bad as the loot sucks, I quit, and X is imbalanced threads.
In game auction house for real money?

Check.

Sustainable income to support a free-to-play game intended to go live for a decade or more?

Check

Optional?

Check.

Rushed release to please shareholders?

Check.

4 years since annoucment of development?

Check

Fans throwing a fit?

check

10/13/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Zer0C00l
Maximizing profits?

lol....wut? What kind of business doesn't strive for that?

10/13/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Zer0C00l
NO WAI DAT IS CRAZEY TAWK. - random fanboys on the forums.

I played once for 15 minutes in the last 6 weeks. I'm angry at the lack of PvP, hostiling and vanilla itemization. I have issues too but get a a hold of yourself. You're being ridiculous.

You never even got halfway through nightmare mode, you have no idea to what end the game even takes you. It has extreme potential that is yet unmet.....BUT, people LIKE YOU that haven't even experienced a taste of this games potential are OBVIOUSLY JUST TROLLING.

Your opinion in worth nothing. Go away.

10/13/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Zer0C00l
If the PvP is even free... it will be near the time of the second expansion, they want to maximize profits, so EVERYONE will have to buy the new one to level up, play arena (only at cap most likely) and they will HAVE TO get the new gear in order to stay competitive, they're turning Diablo into WoW, so sadly :(.

ALL online games have some way for players to buy items/gold.....for people to buy 'wins'. ALL GAMES.

Now you're complaining about "new gear" when you don't even have Hell level gear yet? Are you serious?

This is so typical of the loudest mouthed critics this forum sees. This is so typical of the people calling others "fanboy". People that haven't even played enough to know what the game offers.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/13/2012 9:00 AM PDT
10/13/2012 08:52 AMPosted by BurningRope
ALL GAMES.

Do they really? I've played games that were online that didn't offer ways for players to be stuff, only the option to be DLC or something of that nature.

The point is to have fun dueling your friends or just testing your builds against other players. This idea that hostiling is only for jerks that want to tick everyone off is what caused them to yank hostile in the first place.

If you've ever done 1v1 GM melee than you would know just how fun PvP can be. Not for everyone I suppose, but I was HEAVILY involved in competitive melee duels. It could be done in 4 player games via a ladder system. Many guilds and websites had melee duel ladders.

Allowing players to assume some control over dueling would be a wise move on Blizzards part.

Dude...
1vs1 gm melee duels?? Seriously?

How would that ever be fun? Pally A says go. Pally B says go. They both walk up to each other and zeal till the one with better gear wins. No skill required.
10/13/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Bronkash
Do they really? I've played games that were online that didn't offer ways for players to be stuff, only the option to be DLC or something of that nature.

You can buy items and/or gold for just about any popular online PC game. Yes. Through 3rd parties, but it was still there. Not hidden or some underground secret.

Dude...
1vs1 gm melee duels?? Seriously?

How would that ever be fun? Pally A says go. Pally B says go. They both walk up to each other and zeal till the one with better gear wins. No skill required.

The skill was in the gear you selected. I had a stash full of switch outs. Depending on the class and gear of my opponent, I could choose countless combinations of gear to find the right spot. Angelics or Ravens? G-face, CoA or vision circ? EBotD or EDC? Levi, Fort, Eshaft or Eth G-Angel? Eth Alma, EHoZ, Exile or Pheonix? Should I bring Rends, Dracs, or Dex/IAS gloves? This is just off the top 'o' my head after not having played D2 for 4 years.

There was a huge contingent of Melee duelers, PalaPK nation and numerous guilds catering to the art of melee. Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean others did not.

Yes yes....I know. You kiddies preferred to lurk until someone was Bo'ing, hop out and kill them, take their worthless gold and lol like a little skilless punk. Awesome!!!
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/13/2012 9:27 AM PDT
$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,
$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,
$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5,$5.

Tools everywhere.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]