Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

This is why I do not get the mindset of people. How does it even make sense that it will released with the expansion. Why would we be getting PvP content with the 1.0.5 patch if it would ultimately end up in the expansion?

If you actually believe it will be released only when the expansion comes out, this is what you are admitting to: Even though we have repeated comments that it would be released with 1.1, even though we are getting part of the actual PvP content in the current patch being tested, and even though there is not even a hint of an expansion, it will still be released with it.

I can't even imagine the delusional mind of one that can have all these points and still think without a doubt in their mind that PvP will be released with an expansion. Maybe this is just a case of the view of Pyro and reality being completely different.

I read this twice and it still doesn't make sense to me.
Can someone give me an executive summary?
This is why I do not get the mindset of people. How does it even make sense that it will released with the expansion. Why would we be getting PvP content with the 1.0.5 patch if it would ultimately end up in the expansion?

If you actually believe it will be released only when the expansion comes out, this is what you are admitting to: Even though we have repeated comments that it would be released with 1.1, even though we are getting part of the actual PvP content in the current patch being tested, and even though there is not even a hint of an expansion, it will still be released with it.

I can't even imagine the delusional mind of one that can have all these points and still think without a doubt in their mind that PvP will be released with an expansion. Maybe this is just a case of the view of Pyro and reality being completely different.

I read this twice and it still doesn't make sense to me.
Can someone give me an executive summary?

I will simplify it.

Why would PvP be released with an Expansion when we are already getting the content come 1.0.5 patch? There is not a single hint of Expansion even being worked on at this time, but we are getting PvP content this coming patch.

It just does not make sense; especially from a developmental standpoint.
taking a break from d3..
lol they didnt waste any time gettin there RMAH patch up and goin 2 months after release
make pvp a e sport with ladders rankings etc kthx..save the game
Edited by Supreme#1391 on 10/13/2012 11:21 PM PDT
Can't even understand why PvP hasn't been released yet. I don't play Diablo 3 enough to really care, so this is a completely unbiased opinion. But it seems like Blizzard has basically been fixing what they released months ago, making the game into what it should have already been at the release. I guess one of two things could be happening....

Either they are working pathetically slow at patching Diablo into a playable game, meaning that PvP has just unfortunately been left on the drawing board. Or that they actually don't consider PvP as an integral part of the game, meaning that Diablo can last without it for a while. I hope for Blizzards sake that it's the first instance, because they're probably losing a lot of sales potential by throwing PvP into their to-do list.
Can't even understand why PvP hasn't been released yet. I don't play Diablo 3 enough to really care, so this is a completely unbiased opinion. But it seems like Blizzard has basically been fixing what they released months ago, making the game into what it should have already been at the release. I guess one of two things could be happening....

Either they are working pathetically slow at patching Diablo into a playable game, meaning that PvP has just unfortunately been left on the drawing board. Or that they actually don't consider PvP as an integral part of the game, meaning that Diablo can last without it for a while. I hope for Blizzards sake that it's the first instance, because they're probably losing a lot of sales potential by throwing PvP into their to-do list.

It is not on their to-do list since it is actually being worked on. Hence us getting some PvP content with 1.0.5 patch.
D3 has started to dry out for me. break time. Finish a play through in TL2 and then probably jump into Borderlands.. and then.... I am very intrigued by this Dishonored game. I never even knew one thing about that game or that it even existed before it launched. Apparently its pretty sweet.
Edited by Crawler#1956 on 10/14/2012 12:00 AM PDT

Either they are working pathetically slow at patching Diablo into a playable game, meaning that PvP has just unfortunately been left on the drawing board. Or that they actually don't consider PvP as an integral part of the game, meaning that Diablo can last without it for a while. I hope for Blizzards sake that it's the first instance, because they're probably losing a lot of sales potential by throwing PvP into their to-do list

...or just maybe they are attempting to actually balance the characters prior to releasing PvP so they avoid giving the crybabies something else to whine about, i swear this forum has some whiners that make spoiled rich kids look like mutes.
90 Human Rogue
sorry what was that? "Your board of director says get the fuking game out or else?" yeap that's what i thought.
All we want is a "Go Hostile" button, not arenas.

Why cant you release PVP so we can give you feedback regarding it.

Nobody is expecting a 100% perfected finished PVP system, so just give what you have currently and allow us to give our feedback.

PVP is far more important than infernal machine or drop rates any other changes you have planned.

This guy^
This is just "we couldn't fit it in by release; so, we are going to act like we worked really hard on all of this things post-launch to show the players we are listening."

In terms of PvP, we didn't feel like the system we had at the time we launched Diablo III was up to par(...)

I'm sure it was on par with the rest of the game.

You should just have released it with the rest of the game and called it Beta-2.
Edited by Frostraven#1952 on 10/14/2012 9:24 AM PDT
hi
PVP is a patch like Blizzard said so just shutup. They couldn't release it at the time because we the people who wanted this game are and are still being to demanding and its not ready yet. perhaps we would all just relax a bit and learn to enjoy what we have Blizzard could get more work done. Feedback as long as its not whining or complaining is welcome though just as always.
Why even post this? Wahhhh we couldn't get it ready for release.. Wahhhh we didn't know what to do... Wahhh we want it to be up to par... Waahhhhhhh... How about you do your job and develop something that is fun to play or dont release it. We waited years for d3, we coulda waited another 3 months for you to "perfect" pvp.

Reality is you rushed the released of d3 so people would buy it. You looked at the stock price as you made your decision. You hoped people wouldnt care there was no pvp. Welll we do care and we want pvp yesterday.

How could pvp not be ready for release? Why release the game without pvp? Please respond to that!!!!!

Sounds like you weren't doing your job. To me it is as simple as turning on a 'attack this person' option like d2. Even if it isn't some spectacular arena mode, people still want to go up against eachother and see what is up.

So what youre saying is after having years to develop this game you couldn't come up with a viable pvp? Like WTF? Players wouldn't like pvp patches/updates if they drastically changed the arena, but I would prefer that to no pvp at all.

I mean lets be serious. Once you release pvp there is gonna be 10+ patches fixing it, no matter when you release it. The real challenge for developers comes once 100,000 + people have played it. So what if 100 of those players find an exploit right away? YOU WILL NERF THE EXPLOIT RIGHT AWAY.

So what is the real problem? Please explain the 'not up to par' comment. Because anything is better than nothing. Even if it isn't balanced, with all the hot fixes/ nerfs in the pvm game why would anyone expect a different outcome in pvp? I know I don't.

The only reason I bought d3 is for a pvp. Now 3 months in still nothing? Thats why I stopped playing. When you bring in a pvp maybe I'll start playing again. (and yes i don't play but i still check the forums hoping something new/better will show up, get over it trolls).

Blizz you gotta fix this asap. Monster power? Cool but who cares. Balancing classes? Cool but who cares. It is all irrelevant because we cant test our chars against other chars. Is my barb really better than a frost build wiz? I have no idea. I know we run pvm well together but as for who is better... I have no idea.

Just make a simple pvp and patch it like crazy like the pvm game. You must constantly be losing players, only the die hards remain. Because this game sucks and you arent making it any better with simple pvm patches that take months to come out.
Edited by Farmer#1857 on 10/14/2012 4:04 PM PDT
90 Troll Priest
I really enjoyed buying a game solely for promised pvp content, and here it is exactly 5 months later and no such thing is near ready for release. Props to the teams that swindled thousands of customer's money. Awesome job on that note.
Edited by Jestes#1695 on 10/14/2012 5:32 PM PDT
I think we can say that patience is at a critical all time low. The suicide posts, and I know people hate them "I quit" attest to that
Thread starter should be banned, posting topics with no proofs are grounds for appropriate sanctions. Anyways move along ehe. :P

Is that supposed to be a joke? Am I to believe that nobody on the Dev team spoke up about how terrible Act IV was? That nobody pointed out how utterly weak the story was?

If anyone did, they'll get more work, and release date will be pushed. At least now, they launch it, and can 'fix' it up via patches.

Ignorance is a bliss. By making the process transparent, we get to see how ugly development is.
Because we'll go through the part which make the gaming unpleasant, while game is supposedly to have fun.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]