Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

wonder what they are doing with pvp. 5 month already gone by and they got shxtload of time before launch. just copy and paste D2 system.
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

Good to hear.

Hard to see.

Edit: I do see the effort, but I don't see the results of a Blizzard quality game.
Edited by Monarlais#1108 on 10/10/2012 9:28 PM PDT
If you don't like it (or even to wait) then get the !@#$ out and play some other game.
Im not saying Blizzard isn't working there tails off. Which I'm sure they are for programing things take time it's not something that snaps together in a week trust me I tried my hand at programing and its tedious. However I haven't played one MMO to date that hasn't had PVP at launch or gotten something within a month and this game been in the works for a super long time. So im just wondering where on earth is the pvp at? I mean we are your customers for heaven sake and as the saying goes the "customer is always right".
It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.
Thank you, Vael. People forget about all the little things that have changed in D3 to make it D3 as it stands today.

I would say... people should roll back to 1.0 and see what the game was like then. But given the server-client always-on infrastructure, that won't work like it did with D2. Either way, there's been a ton of improvements, and I look forward to many more.

It's just a shame that Monks have gotten the short end of the Daibo for a while now.
It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

How much do I have to pay you to stop doing patches and leave the classes alone?
"improvements" haha yeah, more like an unfinished game... I'm on day number 5 of not logging onto the servers and will not be anytime soon. I did have some fun though but you will not be seeing anymore of my money. Cheers!
It's not hard to believe, your end game money for Activision is based on RMAH sales, if you don't fix the game, actiblizz will lose money, and you will lose your job.
I don't see why they don't let us do ingame pvp.... how hard would it be to let us go hostile in game.... let us smash our friends in private game or open it up to the public for some funny 1v1's
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

Yet, you still haven't fixed items, GG.
10/10/2012 07:45 PMPosted by GamerX
I see a lot of nerd rage going on here. All you impatient kids want everything now now now and the funny thing is if Blizzard rushed the patch for you guys and if there was any problems with it you'll all be here whining yet again. So just shut up and wait until it's done.

correct!

Don't worry blue, everyone with a brain can see how hard you guys are working on this game. I feel like I got my 60 dollars worth the moment I beat Hell. Everything after that is just gravy. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do. I know I appreciate it, and will play this game for a very long time.

This.

Appreciate the effort guys. I trust that, like you said, you'll make Diablo 3 the best possible game it can be. No rush, just get it done right and even those complaining will appreciate it more in the end.
I think I have finally given up trying to argue with these entitled, impatient, and irrational morons. New strategy: Ignore, Ignore, Ignore. I think I added about 20 morons to my ignore list on this thread alone. So in that sense OP, your thread was a total success! Seeing Vaeflare so quickly respond and completely destroy his "theory" was the funniest thing I've seen on these forums in awhile.

+1,000 Vaeflare, and keep up the good work!
Edited by Fantomex#1588 on 10/10/2012 10:17 PM PDT
If PVP is an expansion, I will NOT buy it. It was promised to be part of the game and we still have yet to see it. I understand that they are trying to perfect the single player first and I am totally down with waiting but if they try to make it an expansion then i'll just find another game to play.

But I don't see any reason to suspect that PVP will be an expansion as Blizzard has always said it would be included in the game by early next year.
10/10/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Fantomex
destroy his "theory"

OP's treacherous "THEORY" hahahaha
Why nerf everything in the interest of the AH's?
10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

Free Content? You mean scrambling to finish an unfinished game all the while hoping no one would notice its still in beta and you have the audacity to call that free content? Free slap's in the face for all fans maybe.
Valeflare, don't feed the trolls.
People Know that PVP is planned for a patch.
Anyone saying it will be an expansion cash grab is trolling against you.

You want to promote constructive dialog, just reply by saying OP is a ridiculous troll, followed by immediate lock post, and then have a more meaningful conversation in better written thread. You have to discipline them, or they will never behave.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]