Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

The quote simply states that when an expansion IS released it will ALSO feature new content.

Not that new content is EXCLUSIVELY found in expansion sets.
10/10/2012 10:30 PMPosted by RageQuit
just reply by saying OP is a ridiculous troll, followed by immediate lock post, and then have a more meaningful conversation in better written thread

what a terrible vision of a worse forum
"Best Possible Game" for all 4 classes. Wizard of course is excluded.
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare

[quote]Posted by Vaneras

Diablo III will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.

we’ve added new and improved Legendaries

Frostburn gauntlets Rock! Got my third drop of these gems. Whoever designed these bracers should design all legendaries. /sarcasm off
Geez, some people are so angry.

It must be stressful to be a community manager.
The PvP patch can`t be paid upgrade. It sais on my Diablo3 box that it allready includes it.
10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

yea whatever. you guys have already lied to us. so i wouldnt be suprised if you did make it a paid expansion. and if you dont make it free then great
Edited by Corruption#1550 on 10/10/2012 11:25 PM PDT
10/10/2012 08:25 PMPosted by StuFlux
Name recognition is what sold this game to the public, that won't work next time.

WORD.
Are you legion!? O_O
Is all the nerd rage one within you!? :O
10/10/2012 11:12 PMPosted by LaCertosus
It sais on my Diablo3 box
Oh, hey Caradoc, that isnt how you spell tha -- o.o

wait..

The PvP patch can`t be paid upgrade
o.O....

-des
allready
... O.O!

..whats happening, whats going on here?

Eghads! Im starting to think that no one really thinks that Blizzard will try and charge for PvP content in this thread at all!
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

you want diablo the best possible game it can be , its ok.

when you will do it the best possible game ( balanced 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 arena pvp or other pvp gameplays and a realy fun pve ) i will play diablo 3 ,but now why am i play this game ? i can easly buy some gold with real money and i can take all the best game items in 1 day, its very cheap , i dont need to spend my time to farm over and over again same things its so much boring.

the biggest diablo 3 mistake = the game is not finish and blizz release it. when its finished i will play but blizz lose all their diablo 3 players.
New and improved legendaries, lol. Kind of like painting a rock and calling it new and improved. More than anything I want items to have more flavor. Even a perfectly rolled rare is boring. Fixing Monks instead of nerfing them more would be great too.
One has to wonder how PvP still isn't ready 5 months after the release of this game, especially given that there were playable demos of the feature as far back as two years ago.
You have to be joking right? They said they have been busting their asses off on PvP, Look at the amount of support and patches we have received free of charge from the onset of this game. I dare you to find one game and company that has gone that far for a free to play game. Not only that but the developers often listen to the community feedback and implement the general consensus, just look at the PTR for crying out loud. If that doesn't show that they actually care about their customers and their game then I declare you a blind fool.

They will release the PvP patch when its good and ready for us to use it, and unless you have insight into game development and pointers on how help them do their job better, I would say you need to relax, do something else, and stop getting so heated under the collar.

Seriously? Are you ****** kidding me? Support and patches?
When I went to the support page all I got were vague answers and not a simple answer to a simple question.
Free patches? Again, are you even serious? IF the game wasn't patched in any way we would have had so many exploits in the game it couldnt even be called a proper game. The patches Blizzard did, were for themselves (for the RMAH) not for us players.
Free to play? You think 60,- is free, just because there isnt a monthly fee? This isnt a crap mmo, guess what most non-mmo's dont require monthly fees.
I Declare you a complete idiot and a blind follower.

They released a beta (if we can even call it that) for 60,-
Nowhere near the product that was promised to us. Take PVP for example, it should have been available at launch, but a few month down the road and its still not here.
No matter how broken it is, the longer they delay releasing it the longer it will remain untested. Balancing can only be done anyway after its released anyway. Also after delaying delaying it this long, it better be balanced and good.
Game is gear-oriented. What is the point of PVP? You can't even dodge.
Edited by KyKaH#2425 on 10/11/2012 12:49 AM PDT
10/10/2012 01:54 PMPosted by iammorrison
They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...

this
10/11/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Mythrandir
They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...

this

This what? They have stated there will be a matchmaking system that will match players by gear. So players with godly gear will face equal players with godly gear, etc.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]