Diablo® III

PVP will be an expansion pack

Posted by Vaeflare
It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

You've been fixing everything you didn't get right to begin with.
You released an unfinished game and expect gratitude you haven't made us pay for the rest?

There was no end-game. You had to add paragon/ infernal machine, but the end-game still is a joke.
Legendary items were crap. You had to upgrade them, but most are still crap.
Monster Power was a feature in D2 and should have been there to begin with.
PvP was a feature in D2 and should have been there to begin with.

1.0.5 and PvP will be crammed as close together around the holiday season as possible. It's obvious the focus is on bringing in a mass of new players to revitalize the game.

Unit sales and RMAH is what it is, and has always, been about.

Even the blue posts have just been regurgitated sales pitches, much like this one. It's not only a waste of time to read them, but an insult to our intelligence and patience.

/I love the fact I paid $60 for a game and 5 months later, I'm still waiting for the rest of it to be released.
Edited by Mythrandir#1232 on 10/11/2012 1:41 AM PDT
Free server is free
I see a lot of nerd rage going on here. All you impatient kids want everything now now now and the funny thing is if Blizzard rushed the patch for you guys and if there was any problems with it you'll all be here whining yet again. So just shut up and wait until it's done.

OP get a life then you won't worry so much about games.

good point. although that's funny coming from an old person. Old folks are the ones that spaz out the most when they have to wait longer than they expect.
10/11/2012 01:41 AMPosted by ZeN
Free server is free

It's not free, we all paid $60. Playing online was required.
And if we were not forced to play online, we wouldn't need the server space anyway.

Posted by Vaeflare
It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

You've been fixing everything you didn't get right to begin with.
You released an unfinished game and expect gratitude you haven't made us pay for the rest?

There was no end-game. You had to add paragon/ infernal machine, but the end-game still is a joke.
Legendary items were crap. You had to upgrade them, but most are still crap.
Monster Power was a feature in D2 and should have been there to begin with.
PvP was a feature in D2 and should have been there to begin with.

1.0.5 and PvP will be crammed as close together around the holiday season as possible. It's obvious the focus is on bringing in a mass of new players to revitalize the game.

Unit sales and RMAH is what it is, and has always, been about.

Even the blue posts have just been regurgitated sales pitches, much like this one. It's not only a waste of time to read them, but an insult to our intelligence and patience.

/I love the fact I paid $60 for a game and 5 months later, I'm still waiting for the rest of it to be released.

yup
View profile
$40 box sale. Its the last money grab they have, since the RMAH was no where near the success they had hoped they will now charge us for the last thing anyone wants out of D3.

money grab is a money grab.

flame away but mark my words...

They do this and they will enjoy a big time law suite for bait and switch.
View profile
No other game allows you to hack up a bunch of **** sending bodies flying across the screen.. no other game allows you to jump in and within 20 seconds be killin stuff and having a good old time with other people. Awesome awesome game. I hope you can listen to some of our suggestions that could add some new varieties to end game without adding a lot of work/new coding etc.

I for one would love to see Capture the Flag and some additional varieites for PVP (thinking back to Nox which was around when D2 was out)

Borderlands 2?
View profile
I say it will not be an expansion. They want to do it better than the did the PvE portion of this game. They want it to be awesome, who knows they might be working on new arena features. Maybe even a dueling arena where you can fight 1v1 or any size team up to 4x4.

But regardless it will come in a patch. Like the Blue post said it will be likely in patch 1.1.

I say that with the amount of time it takes them to get a big patch up and working properly. That PvP will not show up until Feb 2013. That is if we will be going through all numbers of patches 1.0.6-1.1.
Sounds like the tinfoil commune is being rowdier than usual.

Do you j4ckoffs really think they want to delay a huge source of rmah income? They are working it out to j-perfection-w standards, and it will be free so you can feel less guilty about buying your set. It makes sound business sense, what is so hard to understand again?
View profile
$40 box sale. Its the last money grab they have, since the RMAH was no where near the success they had hoped they will now charge us for the last thing anyone wants out of D3.

money grab is a money grab.

flame away but mark my words...

Maybe you'd enjoy Inferno more if you stopped walking around in level 50 gear with 12k DPS and less than 233 all res.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

Ever since the implementation of the RMAH and always-online, I kind of find it hard to believe that you guys will ever do anything significant to D3 that doesn't have an end goal of milking the customer base of more $.
Edited by proboho#1114 on 10/11/2012 3:36 AM PDT
People need to chill the hell out. If people really have this much problems with the game.. sign off the site, go troll somewhere else, and quit filling the forums up with relentless poop.
View profile
It's relevant because I am addressing the root cause of his need to post resentful, passive-aggressive rumours.
You have to be joking right? They said they have been busting their asses off on PvP, Look at the amount of support and patches we have received free of charge from the onset of this game. I dare you to find one game and company that has gone that far for a free to play game. Not only that but the developers often listen to the community feedback and implement the general consensus, just look at the PTR for crying out loud. If that doesn't show that they actually care about their customers and their game then I declare you a blind fool.

They will release the PvP patch when its good and ready for us to use it, and unless you have insight into game development and pointers on how help them do their job better, I would say you need to relax, do something else, and stop getting so heated under the collar.

Seriously? Are you ****** kidding me? Support and patches?
When I went to the support page all I got were vague answers and not a simple answer to a simple question.
Free patches? Again, are you even serious? IF the game wasn't patched in any way we would have had so many exploits in the game it couldnt even be called a proper game. The patches Blizzard did, were for themselves (for the RMAH) not for us players.
Free to play? You think 60,- is free, just because there isnt a monthly fee? This isnt a crap mmo, guess what most non-mmo's dont require monthly fees.
I Declare you a complete idiot and a blind follower.

They released a beta (if we can even call it that) for 60,-
Nowhere near the product that was promised to us. Take PVP for example, it should have been available at launch, but a few month down the road and its still not here.
No matter how broken it is, the longer they delay releasing it the longer it will remain untested. Balancing can only be done anyway after its released anyway. Also after delaying delaying it this long, it better be balanced and good.

it was because of stupid people like you , complete aholes , that the game was rushed in may , cause im sure you were doing posts back in the day "plz blizzard release D3 now , we cant wait any longer blah blah blah" , they listened to those crybabies and released it , it had flaws obvious from a game that was rushed , then you complain a little more cuz it has flaws , and now youre trying to rush pvp , so you can complain when its rushed right ??

Ypu facking butthurt nerds are whats ruining the gaming industry , not blizzard , not anyone else , go cry some more to your mama
10/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818178?page=2#27

It's easy to see why some find it hard to believe, though the source quoted here also mentions PvP.

You want to make D3 the best possible game it could be. So it wasn't ready on release, still isn't ready now and won't be for some time. This isn't news to us but it's nice to know Blizz has realized it. Unfortunately, the fan base that was hyped up for D3 and was expecting a great game has left. You recall that statement good ole Jay said about Blizz wanting people to have high expectations for D3? Well, Blizz failed, enjoy your RMAH Nerf Fest 3.
stop releasing useless patches of bull!@#$ and just give us PVP already
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]