Diablo® III

Test on this Loot Server tinfoilhat BS

found four, yes, four (where 2 were set) on 156 yesterday. i was also a bit interested in this topic a while back, but i assure you, it's all bull. a clear case of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimenter's_bias

and probably some more versions of bias
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
TCP 172.20.10.3:62129->12.130.244.193:bnetgame (ESTABLISHED)

String of Ears dropped, same session, depths 3. This must be the Jr. Legendary server.
Reply Quote
12.130.246.50:1119 1 legendary and 2 sets dropped for me.

http://imgur.com/X2xZc

id-ed the blackthornes boots coz i didnt know what they were. the other 2 were lacunis and a nats helm
Reply Quote
uhm, problem is: if u do not note down the TIME of the drop as well, this will probably be useless, since one explanation for the "server theory" for all those bursts are cycles (!!!), which means, that most of the time each server gives you what is to be expected from a bell curve distribution, but since the randomness has to be based on a (determinated) algorithm, the algorithm can fail insofar, as that, overall in the long run, statistics will be according to the bell curve, but for short cycles, certain effects along the curve are stronger then others (more plans now, more legs later, only below 60es, whatever) but will be balanced out later. In a true random environment this could happen as well, but it should not repeat itself in cycles ... so those bursts would happen a lot less often. (bursts of any kind in this regard dont change the overall longterm occurence of any item, mind that!)
If a System is complex enough, but still determinated, it can go through different equilibriums, which is perceived as chaotic by humans, and the only "constant" that can be perceived is the change from one equilibrium to another, even though the underlying system is still the same and determinated.
So, has blizz used an algorithm for the drops that goes trough cycles (equilibriums) [fail if they did :p] and if so, are the turns of the cycles itself chaotic, complex or linear? If they are linear, the system could, with enough data, be thourougly abused :p If they are chaotic or maybe just complex (well with a LOT of data, complex could still be abused), they enhance the psychological reaction of having the feeling, that agent actions do not effect the outcome of said actions (which means, truly random and chaotic cycle random both are random as they will eventually converge in bell curves, but both are perceived by the human mind as completely different).

good luck with the data!
Reply Quote
Both my legendaries have been in act 2 off of normal mobs. One in SC Nightmare and one in HC normal.

The odds of me getting those were prepostrous, so I doubt I'll be getting another soon or your server info.

But as for a "legendary server", I doubt it. Once I found the leg finds plumitted to 95% whites to the point I just got the f out.
Reply Quote
uhm, problem is: if u do not note down the TIME of the drop as well, this will probably be useless, since one explanation for the "server theory" for all those bursts are cycles (!!!), which means, that most of the time each server gives you what is to be expected from a bell curve distribution, but since the randomness has to be based on a (determinated) algorithm, the algorithm can fail insofar, as that, overall in the long run, statistics will be according to the bell curve, but for short cycles, certain effects along the curve are stronger then others (more plans now, more legs later, only below 60es, whatever) but will be balanced out later. In a true random environment this could happen as well, but it should not repeat itself in cycles ... so those bursts would happen a lot less often. (bursts of any kind in this regard dont change the overall longterm occurence of any item, mind that!)
If a System is complex enough, but still determinated, it can go through different equilibriums, which is perceived as chaotic by humans, and the only "constant" that can be perceived is the change from one equilibrium to another, even though the underlying system is still the same and determinated.
So, has blizz used an algorithm for the drops that goes trough cycles (equilibriums) [fail if they did :p] and if so, are the turns of the cycles itself chaotic, complex or linear? If they are linear, the system could, with enough data, be thourougly abused :p If they are chaotic or maybe just complex (well with a LOT of data, complex could still be abused), they enhance the psychological reaction of having the feeling, that agent actions do not effect the outcome of said actions (which means, truly random and chaotic cycle random both are random as they will eventually converge in bell curves, but both are perceived by the human mind as completely different).

good luck with the data!

ahh yeah i got em probably 10mins before i posted all on the same run
Reply Quote
When this was originally posted several months in the middle of the night I took a screen shoot of the original data before the post was deleted. The short amount of time it took them to remove the thread was surprising since it was posted in the middle of the night

In my own testing it works even though I have only found one legendary and have very little magic find. This is what I have found:

All work in increasing the number ilvl 63's and are the best three ips. I have also noticed that they work when crafting.

i will just leave this here http://i.imgur.com/gFShb.png
Edited by mrkavanagh#1622 on 10/8/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When this was originally posted several months in the middle of the night I took a screen shoot of the original data before the post was deleted. The short amount of time it took them to remove the thread was surprising since it was posted in the middle of the night

In my own testing it works even though I have only found one legendary and have very little magic find. This is what I have found:

All work in increasing the number ilvl 63's and are the best three ips. I have also noticed that they work when crafting.

i will just leave this here http://i.imgur.com/gFShb.png

it works when crafting?!
Reply Quote
Yes....I crafted tons of 6affix 1handers with up to 900+dps with socket. When crafting in the 3 ips I listed 95% had sockets.
Reply Quote
I can't differentiate the trolls from the people who believe this nonsense.
Reply Quote
I am sure OP is with me when I say that this is a theory not a belief. I have had more succes using the theory more than I have not.

I also forgot to mention that you will notice that you will get lower ips with higher mf. Try removing you mf gear and see how more often you roll high ips and vice versa

What if RNG means RIPG
Edited by mrkavanagh#1622 on 10/8/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
People keep posting individual runs and then think it means something. Show me the data from 1,000 runs on each server with the same MF for each run. I'd even settle for 100. That should be enough to show a true difference, if there is one.
Reply Quote
To show that ips do have some sort correlation to loot you can try this sequence:

1. Remove all your MF gear.
2. Start multiple games and check the ips.
You'll see that they will all be high numbers above 100 etc.

Then:
1. Put as much MF gear on no matter if reduces your stats (your just using your gear to increase the odds you will get a low ip
2. Start multiple games and check the ip.
You will notice that 9 out of 10 times it will be well below 100

The fact that the ip range greatly reduces with high MF and greatly increase with low MF shows that there is something to the theory.

Just try it for yourself and if it helps you then roll with it. If it doesn't then move on
Edited by mrkavanagh#1622 on 10/8/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 02:30 AMPosted by TpX
92 paragon barb here max mf.. ima start farming hard right now ill post ips and legendary when i get

52k elite kills on that barb alone.

My goodness. What drives you?

Redbull + Sour Patch Kids? XD
Reply Quote
So far 7 (partial) runs of act 3 spread between
4 legendarys. 2 BlackThornes notched belt, 1 witch doctor mojo that was rubbish and cindercoat.

Way too early to draw any conclusion, but it has to be said, I have never ever had 4 legendary items in the space of a few hours before. My maximum so far has been 3 over the course of about 12 hours. I'm tempted to think it's most likely just down to the RNG, but the speed with which the original thread got deleted does make me wonder "what if".

I also kind of wonder if it could be more to do with the constant joining and leaving of games in order to gain the ip you want. Perhaps there is some kind of bias applied after a set number of games played to ensure you don't wait forever for a legendary and the code is not checking to see if any activity actually occurred in the games played. That'd be a pretty big balls up if it were the case though.

*EDIT* Make that 5 legendary items in 8 games, just played one on .74 and got a Bezoar Stone
*EDIT 2* 6 legendary items in 10 games, Zuni's Pox this time :)
*EDIT 3* 7 from 11 now. Just got Sever. I'm also starting to be convinced that this is more than "RNG is random". I think something is wrong here. If certain servers are dishing out legendary items more often than others then I'm inclined to believe that Magic Find has less effect than we think it does. Either that or the system is coded in a way that allows this to happen or some servers are running an incorrect setup. I'm going to keep plowing on testing though and see if it continues or if I'm just on a really coincidental lucky streak.
*Edit 4* 8 from 12 - Vigilance
Edited by Mephs#2752 on 10/9/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you guys are doing a fantastic job, still need more data, I only have 95 usable data points so far
Edited by Abdz#6619 on 10/9/2012 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my turn yet again
US
A3
60 62
Reply Quote
Server: 133
Region: US
Act: 3
MF: 303
#: 2(63, 61)
Reply Quote
U havent killed enough champs.

I have found 2 set items
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]