Diablo® III

Test on this Loot Server tinfoilhat BS

I found lacuni prowler on 70 and firewalkers on 74 today
Reply Quote
On the game's loading screen,it actually does tell you that Monsters/treasures and such will be different when you create a new game
Reply Quote
Aight I'll add mine

247:1119 - US Server
Act 3
Dropped Hellrack off Azmo!
Edited by Warmaster#1300 on 10/10/2012 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There was an experiment where a few pigeons were made to be in the same room as a machine that dispensed seeds. The machine dispensed these seeds at entirely random intervals, there was no way to predict or control when the next seed would be dispensed. It was completely random. The pigeon, of course, didn't know it was random (how could it?) but did know that it gave seeds.

The pigeon, after a while, started showing odd, repetitive behavior, like spinning around and flapping it's left wing twice then it's right wing once etc. etc. all because it thought doing these things would increase it's odds in dispensing a seed. This behavior applies to a lot of situations in which a random occurrence is involved.

Now the point in this story is: Beyond your MF gear, the act and MP level, it's entirely random. I found 7 legendaries last week and by playing no more than I usually do. This week, I have found a legendary Crossbow. People expect "random" to have some sort of pattern when in reality, it's more random that you receive more in one week than you do in the next than it is receiving a constant flow of legendaries.

Oh wait, last week I was wearing my gray top inside-out! That's why I was getting so many legendaries!
Reply Quote
So...you guys think the server side code has specific conditions for the external IP addresses, which actually wouldn't be available to the server code anyway since I'm sure there are several proxy addresses before it reaches the internet, and/or you believe there is code that checks a loot setting config value that is specific to each server, and that employees went in and specifically adjusted that number on just a few machines? And you believe this adjustment was significant enough that even with your ridiculously tiny sample sizes it would be noticeable?

K....
Edited by MasterShake#1516 on 10/10/2012 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You do realize people who want the theory to be true will troll you, right?
Edited by mlhaynes4#1754 on 10/10/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So...you guys think the server side code has specific conditions for the external IP addresses, which actually wouldn't be available to the server code anyway since I'm sure there are several proxy addresses before it reaches the internet, and/or you believe there is code that checks a loot setting config value that is specific to each server, and that employees went in and specifically adjusted that number on just a few machines? And you believe this adjustment was significant enough that even with your ridiculously tiny sample sizes it would be noticeable?

K....

People see what they want to see. They want to believe there is some miracle that will give them better loots.. so they grasp at straws
Reply Quote
I remember my stats teacher telling the class to either write down random 1's and 0's on a piece of paper generated by a calculator, or make up your own.

He went around the class and quite accurately predicted who made them up and who used a calculator.

Humans tend to think 010101101101110010 as "random" while actual random selection tends to be more streaky (111110111111100001).

But hey, if you're having fun...
Reply Quote
Just out of curiosity, I made and re-made games until I got 24 as my IP. Did a single Alkaizer run tonight and Strongarm Bracers dropped from a normal mob in the Bridge of Korsik zone.

Though I find it hard to believe that Blizzard would've coded their game like this, I guess it wouldn't surprise me too much if that was the case.

/shrug

Edit: It took me many, many tries to finally get one of the IPs listed on http://i.imgur.com/gFShb.png. I never once saw any the IPs 72, 74, 76, or 78.
Edited by Kaputt#1475 on 10/10/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So I'm sorry if this isn't concrete data. But I was in a game that dropped 3 legendaries within 10 minutes, all 63. One stormshield, one of Bul Kathos' weapons (forget which one) and one of Daynetta's hand crossbow (also forget which one). This was a shock to me.

The server number was 64.

After these three, I called my brother in to farm with me. Neither of us found anything. I told him about the server theory (which I think is a load of crap, btw). But I had to duck out to snipe an auction. So he cleared the rest of the act and found nothing.

This was all Act 3. My natural MF, with 5 NV, is 334 (including the 23 from my enchantress which went away when he joined). One of them was found with a fortune shrine. One of them (not the same one) was found off a trash mob.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 10/10/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Found a Deadman's Legacy and a legendary polearm on .72 last night. The guy I was gaming with got a legendary 2h sword and a some Ice Climbers on that same run.

For what it is worth, I have over 10k elite kills, and that is the first multi legendary run I have been a part of.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 02:30 AMPosted by TpX
92 paragon barb here max mf.. ima start farming hard right now ill post ips and legendary when i get

So you were lvl 92 3 days ago and now lvl 98?
Imaging the time you spent :O
Reply Quote
I've been doing this since about June, but always under the pretense that Blizzard would use an A/B research strategy to see if drop rate affected AH usage. Some serious tinfoil hat stuff, but large companies have been doing this on the web ever since google proved how massively effective it was. Since it is literally live research data as users interact, and allows on the fly adjustments.

Typically used by sites like amazon to test minute layout changes to a small percentage of the user base to see if sales increase, or if they browse longer, buy more etc etc. If the new page shows improvements to the numbers they want, that becomes the page for everyone.

I would be shocked if a billionaire company like actiblizzard WASNT doing this. It would be a bad business strategy for their long term revenue from this games global player base. And let's face it, this game company is in the business to make money.

Also, for me, 35 has been awesome. 6 hits, 3 random, 3 searched for. 4 legendaries off the first elite pack killed, 7 total before a 5 stack, 12 total legends. Lots garbage, but after a 300 dry spell, I'll take what I can get. I have a pretty large word file with about 400ish or so entries from randomly playing. It's all in shorthand and I probably won't upload it, because while different servers may have different drop rates. It changes. So knowing what server your on has almost know effect.
Reply Quote
im not sure about this theory...
but it seems that if a legendary drops in a public game, other players seem to be raining with legendaries as well
it happened many many times to me as i mainly play public games

MF does have some factor to the legendary raining...the one with the highest MF seems to get multiple while im on low MF seems to not get any...

my theory is that server or particular game dictates drops...and MF does help when u are in that particular game...

the reason why people who do a lot of runs/quick runs are getting a lot of legendaries is also cuz of this....they keep going into different servers...increasing the "luck server" chance

i don't think its necessary a particular number or even numbers...its just that servers keep alternating their drops...so if u hit the jackpot server, u will get legendaries
Edited by xSkilling#1945 on 10/10/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Public game, server 244. Full run of act 3
Got an Inna's Vast Expanse and a really crappy Echoing Fury.
I don't believe the magic server hype.
Reply Quote
i did 3 runs on server 226.
1st run- skorn 2 andariel's and a fist of az'turraq(think thats what its called)
2nd rund- zunimassa string of skulls
3rd run- manajumas gory fetch
Reply Quote
found an i63 legendary, my first legendary in 300+ hours of play. had no MF stacks, no base MF, only paragon 4 MF (12%). was from a weapon rack in a4 inferno. also might mention it rolled utter BS stats and is essentially worthless.

no idea what server, but it was an end to a hell of a losing streak xD
Edited by Astealoth#1831 on 10/11/2012 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]