Diablo® III

Test on this Loot Server tinfoilhat BS

Echoing Fury with bad rolls, Elite pack in Arreat Crater Level 2, server 78.
Reply Quote
Fire Walkers, Elite pack in The Keep depths Level 3, server 176.
Reply Quote
There were 3 IPs that popped up pre 1.0.4, after there are only 2.

Can only speculate that they are now masking the proper IP needed.

interesting sometimes i still see a third IP but its not connected it says waiting
Reply Quote
gunna try this out tonight
Edited by BanditSTPK#1965 on 10/11/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good theory but no. I played three different times on three different servers for about one hour during each sitting on the same day. Each time I hit a legendary item and each one was found in The Festering Forest on insane mode.
Reply Quote
server 78

5 stacks, base MF only 30ish, found at battlefields - 1.4k DPS skorn with life after kill

this is the first time ive recorded my server#s...and 78 seems to be one of the most popular hit spots...and boom i get a leg
Reply Quote
is there anyway I could check the server # after I have left the game?
Reply Quote
Fragment of Destiny Ilvl60 1hand wiz wand. random white mob in the fields server 151
Reply Quote
server 74 natalyas boots from rarepack in tower act 3
Reply Quote
server 40 - 5 stacks...140 MF...nat set boots...low stat
Reply Quote
There was an experiment where a few pigeons were made to be in the same room as a machine that dispensed seeds. The machine dispensed these seeds at entirely random intervals, there was no way to predict or control when the next seed would be dispensed. It was completely random. The pigeon, of course, didn't know it was random (how could it?) but did know that it gave seeds.

The pigeon, after a while, started showing odd, repetitive behavior, like spinning around and flapping it's left wing twice then it's right wing once etc. etc. all because it thought doing these things would increase it's odds in dispensing a seed. This behavior applies to a lot of situations in which a random occurrence is involved.

I posted about 2 days ago about how folk were acting like the pigeon/skinner box experiment with these mad sever theories.

Its nice someone else sees it too.

For science!
Reply Quote
I´ve tried this for a while... I´ve got inna´s pants at 186(sold for 40kk).

Found a GG mighty sword and a natalya´s reflection in another even server that I can´t remember the number.(15kk for the sword and 25kk for the ring).

But in server 78 I´ve found 2 set items in a run! Natalya helm and shenlong something, sold both for 20kk. So I do believe this thing about server loot.

Btw, one thing you will notice(try this) if you get into an even server, and do a little run until the end of stonefort, you will end it with 5 stacks, but if you get an odd server, you will finish it with 3/4 stacks. I did this test a lot.
Reply Quote
i did 3 runs on server 226.
1st run- skorn 2 andariel's and a fist of az'turraq(think thats what its called)
2nd rund- zunimassa string of skulls
3rd run- manajumas gory fetch

What you mean with "run"? You want to tell me you run, say, one complete Act 3 and got 4 (that is: FOUR) legendaries...sorry, this is very hard to believe for me.

And then you say you did two more and and in each subsequent you got one as well?

WTH are you running to get those drops?
Reply Quote
OP is missing some crucial information on loot servers, the last number must be a two digit ending with a an even number (32, 48, 74, etc), this improves the odds of legendaries, or so the theory says.

Anyways, a long time ago i found 4 legendaries in one game with my magic find DH (all sucked), it was a even server, can't remember the exact number.

When my barb was paragon 8 i found innas armor and sundercoat on a server with 74

ps: Old threads that ''exposed'' this were deleted.
Edited by DiE#1363 on 10/11/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Flexyana
What you mean with "run"? You want to tell me you run, say, one complete Act 3 and got 4 (that is: FOUR) legendaries...sorry, this is very hard to believe for me.

That is what is weird and made me believe in server loot. I haven´t done a complet act3 run and I´ve found 2 set in the same run, server 78(stonefort, keeplevel1, rakkis crossing until azmodan), maybe if I had done all keep´s level and fields of slaughter I could have found another.

My friend found 2 legendaries in a run(even server) last night, wiz stuff and one was worth 40kk and the other 60kk.
Reply Quote
12.130.245.18:1119
Keep lvl 3
I just found some lvl 58 shoulders - Death Watch Mantle - this from the 2nd elite pack of the game.

Still not convinced, i will report back if i find more from the same run, or my next one.
Reply Quote
Keep thinking it's tinfoil BS. More legendaries for the others. Blizz stated Drops are based on knowing they have an AH. You yourself mention that sometimes in one run you get lots of legendaries, and then for long stretchs nothing...

The reasoning: Loot servers=
A few loot servers with a larger amount of crap servers, with less chance to land on a loot servers= you use the AH more often because YOU WANT loot!!!!

It's not an exploit it was designed this way. Still don't believe what I say.. Go check www.twitch.tv/citrus_kush and watch some of his Videos(if he's not streaming) and then tell me it's BS! I personally had found ZERO legendaries before playing with him. Then BAM 3 in 2 runs, and more followed.

I personally do think they are real, and have started to make a google doc to prove my findings. I will run both "loot servers" and "non loot servers" to test this. Sadly my pc can't handle streaming. So yah. Check his stream.
Reply Quote
I personally had found ZERO legendaries before playing with him. Then BAM 3 in 2 runs, and more followed.

I personally do think they are real.

The science going on in this thread is up there with astrology.
Reply Quote
There are "guilds" or groups of players out there who take people on loot runs for a fee (usually 10 mil+ per runner you pay). You pay them, try kill everything in A4, usually while wearing amazing gear that puts them at 130k+ dps and max MF, and stream the entire run. At the end of the run they drop all the items they have found in town, so 1 person pays for a carry and 4 characters full of drops.

A few of the larger groups (ones with 40+ people) have made it a point to test this and record all drops and what server it was on. I have some friends on the inside who have access to these records (they are not publicly available), and all of them confirm this theory.

In fact, the difference is pretty large. Like somewhere in the 300-400% increase range.

This data has been collected over 10,000+ games.

Of course, this isn't proof, because their data is private, but I believe them. I have found a group of servers that I am for after recording my own drops for a while. As long as I stay on one of the good servers I have found, I get at least 1 leg/set per run, and often 2+.

This is not true on most servers. If I just go with a random server I tend to get 1 in 3 or 4 runs.
Reply Quote
There are "guilds" or groups of players out there who take people on loot runs for a fee (usually 10 mil+ per runner you pay). You pay them, try kill everything in A4, usually while wearing amazing gear that puts them at 130k+ dps and max MF, and stream the entire run. At the end of the run they drop all the items they have found in town, so 1 person pays for a carry and 4 characters full of drops.

A few of the larger groups (ones with 40+ people) have made it a point to test this and record all drops and what server it was on. I have some friends on the inside who have access to these records (they are not publicly available), and all of them confirm this theory.

In fact, the difference is pretty large. Like somewhere in the 300-400% increase range.

This data has been collected over 10,000+ games.

Of course, this isn't proof, because their data is private, but I believe them. I have found a group of servers that I am for after recording my own drops for a while. As long as I stay on one of the good servers I have found, I get at least 1 leg/set per run, and often 2+.

This is not true on most servers. If I just go with a random server I tend to get 1 in 3 or 4 runs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]