Diablo® III

Test on this Loot Server tinfoilhat BS

my experience

Less ilevel 63's in the better IP's 72 74 76 78 and no legs.

Tons of 63's and atleast one leg in random Ip's. Like a 230 earlier and 4, a couple more in the 200+ and many in the 100 range. The only Ip that has consistently given me the same results is IP 38. Atleast 2 legs and alot of 63's
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Kechop
Server 69, 76 and 78 are the way to go ;)

i also recommend 22 64 and 74
the seventies are overall quite good
22 - vile ward randomscrub!@#$
64 - randomscrub%^-* but its brown
74 - randomscrub!@#$ IK gloves
54- IK chest <--(dosh) Blackthornes <-- bad roll Cindercoat <--terrible

on the other hand ive gotten 4 andariels in about 3 runs none of them had a socket and i did not track the IP nor was i wearing MF.

i´ve found 5 andariels by now in total and none of them had a socket or dex

ps: im a DH

Just got off 74 10 mins ago. No legs, but got 3 quality 63's. only played for like 30-40mins though.
Reply Quote
1 leg ip 69
Reply Quote
Grandfather followed by Crystal fist 7 minutes apart...

80:1119.
Reply Quote
371% (5NV)
US
Act3
frostburn gauntlet
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
10/07/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Onetwo
Remember when the forums were flooded with IT wizards who were all being hacked? My view is that this whole loot server thing is a bunch of baloney too. The RNG is just brutal so our brain tries to find patterns probably, but there aren't any.

Those IT wizards still here only now they're flooding the forums with hate about the game.
Reply Quote
got 5 legendaries yesterday in 4 Runs

1 on Server 40
1 on Server 12
2 on Server 2

all of them low level !@#$ (made 3 brimstones and sold the the other 2 for 50k on ah)

paragon lvl 60
NV 5

i was playing with a friend he got nothing at all ;))
he only has paragon 20.

Always thought loot server is a myth, but this was nuts; total play time yesterday 2 hours
Reply Quote
http://d3stats.azurewebsites.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWekV9ggkRc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

http://d3tracker.codeplex.com/

Problem solved, have fun.
Reply Quote

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/forum/topic/5586488989?page=1#5

it's in german, but its says that's not allowed, its Data Mining and you can get banned for it?

would be great to use Loot Tracker, but i dont risk my account
Edited by Scr4tch#2917 on 10/12/2012 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
291% (5NV)
US
Act3
burning axe of sankis
Reply Quote
No thanks.

Just for the same reasons I don't try to follow what my horoscope suggests each day.

When someone presents some *evidence* or if Blizz ever confirms any of the theories then they are worth looking at/acting upon.

Until then its /tinfoilhat mode.

So you won't assist the search for evidence, but say you will wait for people to present evidence? Do we look like ants from your high horse m'lord?

Your horse, It's dead.

Your language, suggests I'm being snobbish because I'd rather back science and common sense, than /tinfoilhat.

Sorry no. Following science is common sense. That does not include being too stubborn to change your mind when presented with *real* evidence. So yes ofc I would change my mind if there was real evidence.

I wont assist with the 'search for evidence' in this case, because there is no clear cut hypothesis and when there was on day one, it was quickly disproved but that didn't stop the conspiracy theorists.

Originally this theory claimed something like "legendaries only drop from even numbered servers". Shortly followed by various folk posting their legendaries dropped from an odd numbered servers.

This clear evidence (as often the case with /tinfoilhat) was ignored by many people and they just carried on. Only paying attention to things that confirm their theory and ignoring all that disproved it.

Some then changed the theory to "legendaries only drop from even numbered servers BUT to be a good legendary it has to be a "low" number too".

Some might have dropped the "even number" requirement at this stage and just moved onto the "low number" server theory.

Which theory are people even testing atm?
Reply Quote
Your language, suggests I'm being snobbish because I'd rather back science and common sense, than /tinfoilhat.
Science suggests that you follow the scientific method. The game already tells you on the loading screen that each game has different monsters/items, etc. So use the server theory as a way to identify specific games and then play those games to see what the difference is.

The thread is a way to gather all the data into one spot so there is better understanding of this theory rather than just say it's BS, tinfoil hat, and move on. That's not scientific, that's being ignorant.

Right now, you're being ignorant and refuse to even try this yourself, so why are you in here trying to convince everyone otherwise and why are you arguing with people?
Reply Quote

If only running 3rd party software that reads D3 memory wasn't against the ToS. :(

Whoever built this process had a great idea- exactly the kind of idea I'd want to see if Blizzard would open up their game to 3rd party developers.
Reply Quote
50 legends 2 sets in 10,000 elite kills and I never pay attention to what "server" im on. why would I?
Reply Quote
What is the real theory here, as to why/how Blizzard would use the ip address of a server to determine the amount/quality of loot drops?

1. They base the random seed off a number in the ip of the server? If this is the case, then wouldn't the numbers still be 'random' just based off a different seed?

2. They have loot drop rates set to different amounts on different servers? This would assume that they have different settings or numbers on different servers. How and why would Blizzard try to maintain different parameters on different servers, this would be complicated and hard to manage. What would be the benefit to Blizzard, why would they do this?

I'd love for someone to explain exactly how and why this could possibly work. More than just "I tried xx and it gave me a good loot and xxy gave me the bad loot.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 07:20 AMPosted by speedforce
Science suggests that you follow the scientific method.

This thread is nothing near science. OP wants people to tell him in what server they find legendaries but not in what server they farm.

We have no reason to believe that every server is equally represented even if server attribution was purely random. And a lot of people does believe in the loot server theory, some of these people may try to choose the server they're farming in.
Reply Quote

So you won't assist the search for evidence, but say you will wait for people to present evidence? Do we look like ants from your high horse m'lord?

Your horse, It's dead.

Sorry no. Following science is common sense. That does not include being too stubborn to change your mind when presented with *real* evidence. So yes ofc I would change my mind if there was real evidence.

I wont assist with the 'search for evidence' in this case, because there is no clear cut hypothesis and when there was on day one, it was quickly disproved but that didn't stop the conspiracy theorists.

Originally this theory claimed something like "legendaries only drop from even numbered servers". Shortly followed by various folk posting their legendaries dropped from an odd numbered servers.

This clear evidence (as often the case with /tinfoilhat) was ignored by many people and they just carried on. Only paying attention to things that confirm their theory and ignoring all that disproved it.

Some then changed the theory to "legendaries only drop from even numbered servers BUT to be a good legendary it has to be a "low" number too".

Some might have dropped the "even number" requirement at this stage and just moved onto the "low number" server theory.

Which theory are people even testing atm?

^... people see what they want to see.
Edited by mlhaynes4#1754 on 10/12/2012 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
what if there's one note in patch 1.05, or future patch that says
"we have fixed the "lucky server bug" now all server have equal chance to drop legendary"
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 07:20 AMPosted by speedforce
Science suggests that you follow the scientific method. The game already tells you on the loading screen that each game has different monsters/items, etc. So use the server theory as a way to identify specific games and then play those games to see what the difference is.

The thread is a way to gather all the data into one spot so there is better understanding of this theory rather than just say it's BS, tinfoil hat, and move on. That's not scientific, that's being ignorant.

Right now, you're being ignorant and refuse to even try this yourself, so why are you in here trying to convince everyone otherwise and why are you arguing with people?

The theory was "even numbered servers are the only ones to drop legendaries".

Since then odd numbered servers were posted dropping legendaries.

If you think its "ignorant" of me to not believe in that theory, I don't know what to tell you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]