Diablo® III

Challenge to tanks, [ENDED]

I guess godly monks do not tank, they just crash over everything in their way.
Reply Quote
LMAO! You could have just asked for monks to run with you. You would have had a better response.

heh probably.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 12:45 AMPosted by jones
I guess godly monks do not tank, they just crash over everything in their way.

i guess, though even godly monks can die.

so far only one monk has added me. unfortunately i had to step out and when i got back he/she was not online.
Reply Quote
Clear act 3 with me without dying and by abiding to the following constrains, i will award you with 1 mil gold.

you must have and be able to prove 40+k dps, ~24 movement speed
can't skip any elites
can't hide in the corner, must tank 99% of the time.
no going to town to sell, until azmodan is dead
must do all dungeons.
and must stay with the party

if you die for any reason you will be disqualified and the run will end.

reason why i'm doing this, my challenge is to out live a tank :)
any class accepted.

reply here or add me in game, good luck!

Hmm,

1) You obviously can't solo inferno and like most DH's you REQUIRE a tank (monk or barb) to farm/paragon level.

2) Your an impatient person, hence, no selling of items, 24 movement speed required, etc. Your the type of person that no one should revive WHEN you die and let you start from the beginning of a waypoint.

3) You expect some dummy to stand in the middle of molten, arcane, etc while you kite around like a little girl? GTFO. You might as well say "no potions are allowed under any circumstances"....

3) One million dollar challenge? I can think of better ways to spend 66 cents (approximate cost of 1 mil in real money). How about make it 10 mil and you got a deal. I average 2-3 deaths in a full party in Act 3/4. I don't see any problems having a turd like you tag along as long as you hold your end of the bargain. Btw, I run 34 movement speed so keep up...

Snazzy
Reply Quote
[quote]
is the challenge for monk to outlive you or for the entire A3 run? in your original post, you mentioned a challenge to outlive a tank and then in your subsequent post, you said the game will continue even if you die. contradicting.

hence, the only conclusion one can arrive at is, you want a tank for the full A3 run. why beat around the bush to get a tank?

no. the challenge for you is to complete act3 without dying.
the challenge for me is to play without dying. if i die, i will record how i died, i will make a note to as why i died and make future changes to improve my char. any more questions?

you only have 50k more ehp than i do, and i am a range character it's more likely you will die before i do in a normal game. so if that is your conclusion than you need a tank more than i do.

the most ridiculous and kiddy explaination, I have known so far :)), imao, you can enjoy ur weak DH , running ur own run as ur own risks, no one cares about how many time u will die, :)) i believe no monks are interested in the fool challenge, if they did, well i might see your 1 mill created a big hook :)))))))
Edited by Lawrence#6325 on 10/8/2012 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i'm tempted, though i don't have 100% survival rate normally and I don't really want to buy tank gear just for this. Still it's free gold and it sounds interesting enough. I'll give it a shot ^^. sign me up for a run.
Reply Quote
funny how people saying he needs a tank, im sure his 300k dps demon hunter will struggle on act 3 ... NOT
Reply Quote
Cool thread. Unfortunately I am not a monk.

Only on bnet forums people can respond to this in a negative fashion, because to me it sounds like a great deal and a challenge.
Reply Quote
I'm sure the OP can farm Act 3 fine, he's well geared. As to the challenge, somebody should take him up on it, should be an easy 1 million. He most likely kills stuff fast and with a monk to tank, should be minimal chance of either dying in a full Act 3 run.

On a side note, if the OP is looking for well geared monks to play/farm with, let us know. As another person posted, you'd probably get a much better response. And if you farm with them and they don't die, you've found a good farming partner to speed up your runs, plus you've saved a million gold.

gl with your challenge
Reply Quote
challenge accepting if I can catch you online.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Rjn
funny how people saying he needs a tank, im sure his 300k dps demon hunter will struggle on act 3 ... NOT

I'm sure you know what your talking about with your 0 elite kills troll. There are tons of high DPS DH's who struggle to farm act 3/4 because their class has a tougher time mitigating damage. Remember monks and barbs take less damage by class (by 1/2 if I'm not mistaken, could be wrong though). And believe me, they do not "jump into the fray" because of the amount of trash that can surround them. They also struggle with jailed affixes as well.

Only on bnet forums people can respond to this in a negative fashion, because to me it sounds like a great deal and a challenge.

You don't have an account either, troll.

I'm not bashing him because of the challenge he posted on our monk forum, just the WAY he posted on the monk forum. Like some of my fellow monks posted eariler, he could have simply asked for a farming partner, because ironically we are the opposite of DH's. We are a melee class but have a relatively tough time getting 100+ DPS (and above) without sacrificing HP's, resists, armor due to the insane prices of the AH market, not to mention that we also compete with DH's for gear. I had 120k dps but scaled down to 88k dps for the upcoming patch. I now have 55k life (without the addition of an 18% life jewel in my spirit stone), 5% life steal and little under 500 life on hit and have been playing 4 party act 3/4 to test my ability to tank and survive-it works well.

I probably came off to strong to the OP and I apologize. The way this challenge was issued was poorly worded, but maybe your intention was there. Anyway, if you want to farm (for free), hit me up.

Snazzy
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Rjn

too bad his DH isnt 300k dps. its 105k unbuffed dps. if i want my monk to show 300k in the character screen i can do that too but it doesnt mean thats my dps.
Reply Quote

Snazzy

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chewing-1625/

he has an account. dont be a noob.
Reply Quote

Snazzy

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chewing-1625/

he has an account. dont be a noob.

When I clicked on his profile under his name, it said "account" doesn't exist. Thought it was another troll. Might have been a bnet thing.

I'm a noob? I'll let your monk speak for itself with your lightning quick skorn, 27k life and 4k armor.

Snazzy
Reply Quote

I probably came off to strong to the OP and I apologize. The way this challenge was issued was poorly worded, but maybe your intention was there. Anyway, if you want to farm (for free), hit me up.

Snazzy

thanks, though i am backed up a bit. Need to head out for lunch soon but will continue afterwards. There have been 2 challenges both were with very well geared monks and both have been successful. I haven't died yet either.

@jco310
i think you are right and i'm faced with a problem. after a few more runs i think i will switch and partner with a non tank type.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Wittster
you're just trying to buy a cheap act3 boost.

Not trying to troll, but the guy does have just shy of 300kdps.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 09:52 AMPosted by War
you're just trying to buy a cheap act3 boost.

Not trying to troll, but the guy does have just shy of 300kdps.

actually that is with my sharpshooter passive, which adds crit chance over time. 300k dps would be my dmg if i had 100% crit which i do not.
Reply Quote
@gooddaytodie

all i can think of to reply is sorry. you should really just forget about this challenge because it seems to be upsetting you, which was not my intention.

this may confuse you more but hopefully you might come to understand what i am doing a little bit better. you can think of what i am doing as an experiment. i'm targeting a specific variable and seeing how changes affect an outcome.

for example if i keep dying if a tank is around, it's likely i would need to cut back on dps and add more survivability.
Reply Quote
I ran with this guy. We completed act 3 including every side dungeon in about an hour. He's got godly DPS.

Anyway, neither of us died and he paid me 1 mil for running with him - which was nice because I would have done it for free. Just wanted to vouch for him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]