Diablo® III

Is the blacksmith worth it?

I have my blacksmith level 10 but I haven't used him much. I've been breaking down a lot of my level 60+ rares for the mats but I want to know if crafting is even worth it? Can you get items on par with the items you find in game or the AH? Or is it more for those that don't want to use the AH?
Reply Quote
Currently you will find items on the AH much cheaper than crafting them. The crafting system is broken atm and not at all worth investing in.
Reply Quote
cazanova is right, crafting is a complete waste of time and coin.
Reply Quote
Agreed, that it is broken, badly. I have many rare and a couple unique recipes. Definitely NOT worth it. Try crafting gems and selling those on the auction house. Been working pretty well for me.
Reply Quote
The only crafting thing worth doing is gems and even then its questionable.
Reply Quote
Agreed, it is possible to get very nice items from blacksmith, but you never will. Its too expensive to roll things with how random it is. Hopefully Blizz improves crafting in the future, cutting the cost of crafting would be a good start, and not just a little, like 75%. Then it might be worth it.
Reply Quote
Crafting provides a gold sink. I don't think cutting the cost is necessarily the solution. I think the recipes should be altered and be more specific.

i.e. instead of just a 6 prop chest armor plan. Howabout a chest armor plan with strength+ 3 sockets.

That way, if you're a barb you have 2 fixed affixes and you only need to get lucky on 4 rolls instead of 6.
Edited by ccturtle#1476 on 10/11/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Crafting provides a gold sink. I don't think cutting the cost is necessarily the solution. I think the recipes should be altered and be more specific.

i.e. instead of just a 6 prop chest armor plan. Howabout a chest armor plan with strength+ 3 sockets.

That way, if you're a barb you have 2 fixed affixes and you only need to get lucky on 4 rolls instead of 6.

yeah something to this effect or this thinking is the way to go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]