Diablo® III

Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

11/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
Make that 3 seconds please... otherwise it's a negative patch to players who rarely die.

Noted!

While you're at it, make it no seconds please.
Honest feedback, not whining or begging or raging.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
That said, we completely agree that banners in their current form are pretty boring and we'd love to make them more useful. If you have other ideas for banner uses, please share them!

I have a suggestion for banners .. let us turn off the edit banner in game feature that's been annoying me since you put it in, especially in Act 3 and Act 4... it's getting cramped in there with the stash, town portal, waypoint thing all stuck in that small space and it seems about every other time I try to move to the Town Portal, I've got the Edit Banner window in my face.
Edited by NoCapes#1759 on 11/5/2012 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Turns out we do, too. I followed up with our designers, and they asked me to clarify that the "5 seconds" accounts for 2 seconds for the "You have been killed!" window appears and then the standard 3-second wait to resurrect. So, we're not actually increasing the timer at all; we're just looking to no longer increment the timer for players who die multiple times.

Also, awesome suggestions! Keep'm coming. :)

The devs will have many peoples' thanks, including mine (even though I don't die much anymore outside of molten/desecrator or a stupid mistake on my part).

Now if we could get them to give us an ID All (but only for rares, not Set/Legendaries!). It's the little quality of life things that make games really enjoyable, even if they have some other glaring flaws. :)

11/05/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Kobune
so what's the use of dropping banner right now?

I use it to mark my territory so I remember to mark my territory...later. ;)

Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:52 PMPosted by mars

And how does this penalty play out in multiplayer? What's that, you get revived in place and don't have to spend five minutes running back to where you were? There are already penalties for dying, and if having to run back was supposed to be one of them, it would exist in multiplayer. Why? Because the developers have said several times that they consider this game to be fundamentally a multiplayer game and single player was just charity for people who couldn't keep up with the times (second part paraphrased). The penalty isn't for dying, it's for playing single player.

its very possible for a whole team of 4 to wipe at a set of occulists for example
just because the difficulty is nerfed to craphouse atm doesnt mean that this mechanic would not work in multiplayer in .05

either ways its a decent point, and i do agree on promoting multiplayer play

You can banner to dead people and not lose any running time.
Reply Quote
I suggested this through Twitter, the Banner should be used as a minimap ping! If I drop the banner, take the direction I dropped it, show it off as a directional icon on the minimap (perhaps just taking the colors of my banner and applying them to the icon to show some distinction between who is pinging). This will help encourage party play as it'll allow for more cooperation between parties.

If I see a Treasure Goblin and I want to alert my party, I drop the banner in the direction of the Goblin, they'll my ping icon show up on the minimap, and they'll head over that way.
Reply Quote

(On a note that's somewhat related to respawning, we also happen to agree that incremental resurrection timers are overkill -- especially given the other penalties you incur when dying -- and are looking to change it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.)

About time they got rid of the timer
Reply Quote
I suggested this through Twitter, the Banner should be used as a minimap ping! If I drop the banner, take the direction I dropped it, show it off as a directional icon on the minimap (perhaps just taking the colors of my banner and applying them to the icon to show some distinction between who is pinging). This will help encourage party play as it'll allow for more cooperation between parties.

If I see a Treasure Goblin and I want to alert my party, I drop the banner in the direction of the Goblin, they'll my ping icon show up on the minimap, and they'll head over that way.

Is this a suggestion or a description? Because without the "directional" and the individual colors for the ping, that feature is already implemented and as far as it concerns me, used a lot.

Maybe I'm just tired and hungover and reading this wrong, if so, bring on the !@#$storm
Reply Quote
Here are my suggestions

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005434504#1
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
i agree with the damn rez timer sometimes u just get a mob that is a pain in the !@# to kill and u wanna kill it...

the rez timer is so damn annoying so remove it please and while ur at it remove the damn rez timer from wow too k thx
Reply Quote
I say we go back to the d2 days where you run through mobs naked to pick your body up

Stop complaining. =]
Reply Quote
Suggestion: Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but can we get a marker on the map showing where we last died?

After dying, I often find it difficult to locate the mob that killed me. Especially in the open areas.
Reply Quote
+1 for the idea or at least have more checkpoints half way down the path.
Reply Quote
BANNER USE:

We put our banner on the ground, go into battle and eventually die. We are resurrected but at a very and annoyingly far point. So we just use Town Portal, click on our banner from town and teleport to it.

Wouldn't this be fair?
Reply Quote
i will add another idea:

when you use the banner from another ppl in town to teleport, give us 2-3 seconds invulnerable (and unable to atack too) to just get a safe spot. When you are a demon hunter and can only teleport to a melee, its a certain instant death
Reply Quote
I like the death timer the way it is... I vote to leave it
Reply Quote
They could be used as a buff or a shrine of sort.

As a buff, you drop it, it gives 3% crit to everyone in a 100 yards radius. Good for setting up before a big elites fight.

As a shrine, you drop it click it (or whetever) and it gives you a random shrine buff. (30 min CD ?)
Reply Quote
Why not allow us to teleport to a player's dropped banner when we click on their banner in town? This way melee characters could drop a banner that is in a relatively safe spot for others to port to. Leave the expiration timer as is and when the banner isn't around, we will revert to flag-to-player teleportation.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Lylirra
Completely agree!

Turns out we do, too. I followed up with our designers, and they asked me to clarify that the "5 seconds" accounts for 2 seconds for the "You have been killed!" window appears and then the standard 3-second wait to resurrect. So, we're not actually increasing the timer at all; we're just looking to no longer increment the timer for players who die multiple times.

Also, awesome suggestions! Keep'm coming. :)

Can't wait for new patch! Hopefully no nerfs for my class yet again...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]