Diablo® III

Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

We basically want the D2 equivalent of being able to open a town portal before we enter an area of extreme danger. Too all the people complaining this is making the game too easy. What does me having to jog my player through areas where I already cleared enemies have to do with difficulty?
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 02:42 PMPosted by FiNNisher
We basically want the D2 equivalent of being able to open a town portal before we enter an area of extreme danger. Too all the people complaining this is making the game too easy. What does me having to jog my player through areas where I already cleared enemies have to do with difficulty?

Yes, or a TP

I just got killed from fallen maniacs 4 times in a row while clearing The Keep and have wasted like 10 minutes running back to the action... Its Friday, I don't have a ton of time to invest right now, I just wanted to make some progress... not run around doing nothing. This would be very handy in situations where you know there might be an explosion on the other side of the door that could kill you.

I was playing last night and got killed at the end of act 2 where the green meteors are falling and you are trying to get the city people to the sewers and it respawned me all the way back at Zolton Kulles area.

I am getting pissed at the stupid checkpoints in this game. I want a TP or a Banner or something to put up to check my progress... If you don't want to make it a banner then how about we don't automatically go to town when we make a TP.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/12/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Try dying less
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 02:42 PMPosted by FiNNisher

one of the few complaint threads i agree with. the checkpoint system is flawed. just allow us to open TPs without going in them. you can even keep the cast time.
Reply Quote
+1 for scrubs
Reply Quote
this would make banners more useful instead of getting a monk to throw one down and laugh at him cause his animation makes him look like he is from the ginyu force...
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I agree. When I first started playing, I thought the banners perhaps set a point for your co-op partners to banner to from town, but they actually appear to be completely useless.

With this implemented, however, the banner needs a cooldown. 30 seconds would probably be enough.
Reply Quote
View profile
Simple stop getting killed far away from the respawn point. That is the whole purpose of it taking a long time to get back to the fights. This way you will have to think about how not to die so you are not penalized with losing time.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I mean everyone dies in soft-core... its part of the game! You die and you learn from it and get better.

I am pretty comfortable with my main char and I am not upgrading my gear everytime I die. I am comfortable with the monster power I play in and every once in awhile you hit a champ pack that catches you by surprise and it kills you. I don’t need to rethink my strategy, my build, or which piece of gear I need to upgrade. I just want to play the game and get back to the fight.

If you clear a whole dungeon without dying and then come to a champ pack at the end of the cave that kills you, it is just BS that you have to run through the whole dungeon to get back to where you are. The death timer penalty I am ok with and it makes a lot of sense. I am not ok with some of the illogical checkpoints they put in this game. Sometimes if you die, it will respawned you in a completely different area.

This is a fair feature to consider and that’s all I want. I want blues to read this and go and write it down on there notepad infront of them or there white board on the wall and at least consider it. I have been following this games design since the very beginning and I know what direction they are taking the gameplay and this fits into there design philosophy.

At least if they added this feature and I died and forgot to lay a banner half way through my progress and I respawn at the beginning of the cave, then I have no one to blame but myself for not utilizing the feature they provided. If they are harming efficiency into our heads while playing this game then don’t respawn us 2-3 minutes back from the progress we made.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/19/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Agreed

At first I thought this was their intended use so I dropped it as I went.
Reply Quote
Yeah, used to be this way in D2. If you saw something nasty you'd drop your town portal just in case you died, since dropping the portal and using it were two different actions.
Edited by Zoid#1297 on 10/19/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol, I laugh at these posts... There must be a penalty for dying, there already isn't enough of one between the measly 5k repairs costs and the <60 sec walk back to corpse.

Grow a pair, stop dying or pay the price
Reply Quote
So if you happened to drop your flag in a pack you can't kill then you will just have to die, die, die, die until your item breaks and then leave game? Do you think before you make suggestions?
Reply Quote
+1

BTW, if you play HC, you will never need to walk back to where you died!
Reply Quote
Why not just remove dying from the game? When your hp drops below 0, there is no point in making people walk back, just instantly revive them.
Reply Quote
I agree with this very much. I had a time where I was dying within 5 seconds of a fight and at one point had to wait 30 seconds to respawn in a solo game. That is retarded when I'm playing again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]