Diablo® III

Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

Agreed +1.

I have thrown this out multiple times.

5 minute cooldown. Unusable in boss fights of course.

Instant checkpoint. Gives banners an actual use both in solo and multiplayer.
Reply Quote
I don't understand all the criticism for this. It does nothing for the difficulty of the game. The game is still going to be just as hard or easy before you die as after you die...This is simply a way of not having to walk through an entire area for the X amount of times you need to.

I've also been in areas where on death I've been magically teleported to town for no apparent reason. This mechanic also affects everyone who has ever experienced sever lag or rubberbanding (pretty much everyone). This has nothing to do with skill or difficulty, I've played with plenty of barbs who get a lag spike or rubberband in the middle of plague/molten/arcane and get insta-gibbed through no fault of their own.

Good idea for an easy to implement mechanic. +1
Reply Quote
Agreed +1.

I have thrown this out multiple times.

5 minute cooldown. Unusable in boss fights of course.

Instant checkpoint. Gives banners an actual use both in solo and multiplayer.

Like he says. Except I would put a slightly longer cooldown.

Liked and +1
Reply Quote
/signed
Edited by Epic#1748 on 10/19/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Please allow us to place our banners on the ground while clearing dungeons and if we die we can respawn at our banners location.

I am so sick of getting killed toward the end of a dungeon and then getting respawned at the very beginning and having to run "forever" back to where I left off. There is already a timed respawn if we die a lot. We don't need additional time put on based on how far we have progressed.

This would be a pretty cool feature for those of us who want to use it. If you don't use it, things can just work how they are now. I cant think of anything that this would interrupt.

Thanks for your considerations.

i 'liked' or +1 your post because I also agree, this would be cool

obviously we would have to think ahead to drop the banner, but it could become 2nd nature after time, when you see an elite pack, just hi G & drop you banner, then run on in!

this would have no advantage or change to HC mode, but would be great for SC
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/19/2012 11:19 AMPosted by SKNY
So if you happened to drop your flag in a pack you can't kill then you will just have to die, die, die, die until your item breaks and then leave game? Do you think before you make suggestions?

Do you think before suggesting that people would be that derp? If someone is truly THAT dumb to use an obviously helpful mechanic against themselves then they deserve the beefed up repair cost.

Obviously a player isn't going to drop the banner in the MIDDLE of the pack. They are either going to drop it as soon the elites appear, or plant the banner and run a small distance from it to allow some breathing room upon respawn.

If you don't want to use it as a small safety net, then feel free to do your high wire act without the safety net, your choice.
Reply Quote
Dont die.

/thread
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Tepedk
So if you happened to drop your flag in a pack you can't kill then you will just have to die, die, die, die until your item breaks and then leave game? Do you think before you make suggestions?

Do you think before suggesting that people would be that derp? If someone is truly THAT dumb to use an obviously helpful mechanic against themselves then they deserve the beefed up repair cost.

Obviously a player isn't going to drop the banner in the MIDDLE of the pack. They are either going to drop it as soon the elites appear, or plant the banner and run a small distance from it to allow some breathing room upon respawn.

If you don't want to use it as a small safety net, then feel free to do your high wire act without the safety net, your choice.

You are obviously that derp if you think the elites won't run to the flag right after you respawn. Please L2P and get more MS instead of crying about a 20 seconds run back.
Reply Quote
love the idea...banners right now are ...erm...useless. I never see mine so why again would I bother to do something fun with it?
Reply Quote
Big fan of this idea. God I hate having to run through the entire area to get back to where I was.
Reply Quote
+1billion Put a cooldown on it, that's fine, but spending 5 minutes running through a dungeon rather than making demons explode is not fun.
Reply Quote
signed
Reply Quote
+1

Good idea. That's what I thought banners did when I initially started playing the game. Turns out throwing your banner has no real use.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 12:35 PMPosted by SKNY

You are obviously that derp if you think the elites won't run to the flag right after you respawn. Please L2P and get more MS instead of crying about a 20 seconds run back.

If you can't take a few hits upon entering the dungeon then you are obviously a complete glass cannon and would be better off placing your banner a few rooms back. This would still benefit your build from having to rerun the whole dungeon again. With the cap on movement speed it sometimes takes a lot longer then 20 seconds.

Like someone said above it even sometimes responses you in town.

I was in vault of assassin once and we all know that can be a huge run from town to inside the dungeon. After getting respawned in town it was enough to make me want to quit the game for the night in frustration.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/08/2012 03:28 PMPosted by BattleToad
Agreed
Reply Quote
Yes, this or allow us to open town portals without entering like in D2. Same thing either way. Since elites no long regen life there is no purpose for the delay.
Reply Quote
Banner, yes these has been overlooked greatly...

Hhhmmm <scratch head>

*scratch* (aka minor rending due to unpleasant tingle'ness <-- WARNING: new word)

Yes Banner, oh yes! BANNER! Good god OP! Where were you after all this while?

Okay... Errmmm Banner, so... like... ummmphooohHHH!

Okay I get it B.A.N.N.E.R as in banner, right.

ZOMG!

Sorry just me, cerebral impunity. Lol.

Yeah, I know... Sorry for delay.

Ehemmm -----> BBBBBAAAAAANNNNNEEERRRRR!

<slap ownself face twice> <slap!> <slap!>

Sorry... Phew.

Banner.

Okay Banner:

As per OP suggested, it is nice... Will vouch it & without prejudice.

I'M IN LOVE!

Secondly, Banner with own hp scaling with Character level. 20 radius benefit i.e Adrenalin Rush if Hero hp below 25% (etc). Also with "Random Cooldowns.". Subjected to Runes & further customization effect i.e add minor bonuses based on inscription of symbols.

Banner!

Argghhh... Blizzard deliberately left this one out, why? Implement this Banner thingy plus Guild -----> Magnetize! More sales! People will flock over Diablo III like never before. This is better than Codename Titan.

Okay... I better move on to other thread before I rend-furiously.
Reply Quote
That would save so much time, rage and broken mice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]