Diablo® III

Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

The hardcore community supports this idea. +1
Reply Quote
Banner, yes these has been overlooked greatly...

Hhhmmm <scratch head>

*scratch* (aka minor rending due to unpleasant tingle'ness <-- WARNING: new word)

Yes Banner, oh yes! BANNER! Good god OP! Where were you after all this while?

Okay... Errmmm Banner, so... like... ummmphooohHHH!

Okay I get it B.A.N.N.E.R as in banner, right.

ZOMG!

Sorry just me, cerebral impunity. Lol.

Yeah, I know... Sorry for delay.

Ehemmm -----> BBBBBAAAAAANNNNNEEERRRRR!

<slap ownself face twice> <slap!> <slap!>

Sorry... Phew.

Banner.

Okay Banner:

As per OP suggested, it is nice... Will vouch it & without prejudice.

I'M IN LOVE!

Secondly, Banner with own hp scaling with Character level. 20 radius benefit i.e Adrenalin Rush if Hero hp below 25% (etc). Also with "Random Cooldowns.". Subjected to Runes & further customization effect i.e add minor bonuses based on inscription of symbols.

Banner!

Argghhh... Blizzard deliberately left this one out, why? Implement this Banner thingy plus Guild -----> Magnetize! More sales! People will flock over Diablo III like never before. This is better than Codename Titan.

Okay... I better move on to other thread before I rend-furiously.

What in the f is this post? You are a goddammmn weirdo.

However, +1. Great idea, OP.
Reply Quote
Was a great idea the other day and is still a great idea today.

Another +1!
Reply Quote
Reminds me of in D2 opening a TP before hitting a champ pack or boss. I think OP's idea would work just as well +1.
Reply Quote
I am curious why re-spawn at flag (CTRL-G) is not a standard procedure. the reason behind it could be :

1, The Developer never really play D3. so they never care or know about all the gaming experience. walking the whole map again is so boring only a moron will let the End user do that.

2, The developer are not very good at programming. they know this is annoying but they couldn't figure out how to add the feature. the same reason why so many bugs pop up every patch.
Reply Quote
Please allow us to place our banners on the ground while clearing dungeons and if we die we can respawn at our banners location.

I am so sick of getting killed toward the end of a dungeon and then getting respawned at the very beginning and having to run "forever" back to where I left off. There is already a timed respawn if we die a lot. We don't need additional time put on based on how far we have progressed.

This would be a pretty cool feature for those of us who want to use it. If you don't use it, things can just work how they are now. I cant think of anything that this would interrupt.

Thanks for your considerations.

Or don't die near the end of a dungeon
Reply Quote
Please allow us to place our banners on the ground while clearing dungeons and if we die we can respawn at our banners location.

I am so sick of getting killed toward the end of a dungeon and then getting respawned at the very beginning and having to run "forever" back to where I left off. There is already a timed respawn if we die a lot. We don't need additional time put on based on how far we have progressed.

This would be a pretty cool feature for those of us who want to use it. If you don't use it, things can just work how they are now. I cant think of anything that this would interrupt.

Thanks for your considerations.

Or don't die near the end of a dungeon

So death penalties should be based on progression? Seems counterproductive...
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/22/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 FTW
Reply Quote
Limit it per area, it's abusive to spam quicksaves
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Funkerbuster

Or use Blizzards favorite nerf, and put a cooldown on it. So you can't kill a pack, banner slam, kill a pack, banner slam.

Or how TP functions, it takes 5 seconds to put the banner down and being hit in the process interrupts it. So you can't with your last dying breath, throw your banner down right before you die, but it has to be premeditated - "wow i've cleared a lot of this dungeon, better save progress."
Reply Quote

Or use Blizzards favorite nerf, and put a cooldown on it. So you can't kill a pack, banner slam, kill a pack, banner slam.

Or how TP functions, it takes 5 seconds to put the banner down and being hit in the process interrupts it. So you can't with your last dying breath, throw your banner down right before you die, but it has to be premeditated - "wow i've cleared a lot of this dungeon, better save progress."

Those are really good ideas... Cool down and a cast timer should do the trick and it would feel familiar to people. Maybe instead of using a "control G" it could even go into the interface like the teleport button.

I would personally use it at about the half way mark through every dungeon and be happy. I might use it a little more often in harder areas if I am dying a lot.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/22/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I was just doing a run and I was over halfway through the cave of assassins or as I like to call it the @$$ cave and I hit a rough dervish pack and died...

I respawned in town.
Reply Quote
I agree with this.

Some of those dungeons you're in while doing the Zolton Kulle questline, if you die near the end, it takes forever to run back.
Reply Quote
Why not just give the option to respawn where you died for a cost in gold? RUnning back is the single reason I get tired of the game and single reason I just do MP 0.. I would have no problem whatsoever with dying/repair bills or whatever if it wasnt for having to run back. Its nothing less than a game breaker.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As some players have pointed out, allowing characters to revive at their banner's location does create some complications and could lead to certain kinds of gameplay that we'd prefer to avoid in Diablo III (this is actually why we don't allow players use Town Portals in the same way that you could in Diablo II). We definitely appreciate the feedback, though, and will continue to consider how we might be able to accommodate this suggestion -- or at least something similar -- in the future.

We completely agree, though, that banners in their current form are pretty boring and we'd love to make them more useful. If you have other ideas for banner uses, please share them!

(On a note that's somewhat related to respawning, we also happen to agree that incremental resurrection timers are overkill -- especially given the other penalties you incur when dying -- and are looking to change it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.)
Edited by Lylirra on 11/6/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
will be changing it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.

Oh nice...more nerfing incoming...you guys calling this patch Diablo 3, Patch 1.6: Evil on a Silver Platter?
Reply Quote
As some players have pointed out, allowing characters to revive at their banner's location does create some complications and could lead to certain kinds of gameplay that we'd prefer to avoid in Diablo III (this is actually why we don't allow players use Town Portals in the same way that you could in Diablo II). We definitely appreciate the feedback, though, and will continue to consider how we might be able to accommodate this suggestion -- or at least something similar -- in the future.

That said, we completely agree that banners in their current form are pretty boring and we'd love to make them more useful. If you have other ideas for banner uses, please share them!

(On a note that's somewhat related to respawning, we also happen to agree that incremental resurrection timers are overkill -- especially given the other penalties you incur when dying -- and will be changing it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.)

This banner idea has been brought up many times. Why not use the OPs idea and keep the respawn timers or even increase them.

Another idea was having the banner include a buff based on the design you use kinda like the experience shrine buff, fleeting buff, etc....nothing gamebreaking. Also include a CD on the banner like 1 min. This would fix body running. The numbers used don't have to be what I said but something along these lines would be nice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]