Diablo® III

Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

Who dies anymore?

Mp is pointless unless you like spending more time to get less drops.

Kills per minute is where it's at, not minutes per kill. Lower MP > Higher MP
Reply Quote
Who dies anymore?

Mp is pointless unless you like spending more time to get less drops.

Kills per minute is where it's at, not minutes per kill. Lower MP > Higher MP

did you post in the wrong thread or something?
Reply Quote
who knows, maybe banners were going to be for PvP but we aren't there yet?

Throw down the banner and get into a duel with the first person to throw a banner within a certain distance of yours....
Edited by wonko33#1278 on 11/2/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 01:03 PMPosted by wonko33

You're using "The cup isnt half full, its half empty" argument.

At the end of the day, the contents of the cup are what they are, regardless of "perspective".

absolutely not. I am saying a delayed re-spawn is a game mechanic in a team based game. The successful team gets rewarded for doing well, you having to wait is just a by product.

In Diablo, there is no purpose to making you run all the way back through empty zones where there is no challenge, do the elites need a little break from the fight? To they need time to recover? Come up with a strategy??

Originally, yes they did need time to recover, but due to people crying because they wanted to zerg over actually gearing for the content they were doing, they no longer get to heal.

They could re-increase gold cost for repairs, but we seen the QQ fest that brought on... They could introduce xp loss, but once again... the QQ would be great.

At the end of the day a run back is already in place, and the QQ is minimal. Allow people to respawn right where they died (and make death pointless) and introduce any other penalty and then instead of this occasional cry, we see 10 times the crying.

Kill a stack of NV, make it expensive to die, do something to enforce a penalty, then maybe it might make sense to make your own waypoints... but currently it's almost the only penalty there is for dying.
Reply Quote
Some good ideas in this thread;

When you die a dialogue window opens up giving you several options:

You Are Dead

Would you like to
1) Respawn at your current location for XXXXX amount of gold?(which increases like the res timer)
2) Respawn at your current location for a loss of 1 NV stack?
3) Respawn at your current location for a XX% loss of experience gain for the next XX minutes? (which increases like the res timer)
4) Respawn at your last checkpoint? (no penalty)
Edited by slicktrick#1483 on 11/2/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A new use for banners that I would like to see is for us to actually be able to mark a location with them that shows up on the map (and stays). There are times that I run across things before I have my 5 stacks of NV & want to come back to them (such as treasure goblins, resplendant chests, or certain shrines I want to "save"). Being able to mark 3 or so locations would be great. I have wasted time running around trying to find those types of things more than once.
Reply Quote
As some players have pointed out, allowing characters to revive at their banner's location does create some complications and could lead to certain kinds of gameplay that we'd prefer to avoid in Diablo III (this is actually why we don't allow players use Town Portals in the same way that you could in Diablo II). We definitely appreciate the feedback, though, and will continue to consider how we might be able to accommodate this suggpestion -- or at least something similar -- in the future.

That said, we completely agree that banners in their current form are pretty boring and we'd love to make them more useful. If you have other ideas for banner uses, please share them!

(On a note that's somewhat related to respawning, we also happen to agree that incremental resurrection timers are overkill -- especially given the other penalties you incur when dying -- and are looking to change it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.)

How about, in single games, make casting banner to set temporary checkpoint?
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
As some players have pointed out, allowing characters to revive at their banner's location does create some complications and could lead to certain kinds of gameplay that we'd prefer to avoid in Diablo III (this is actually why we don't allow players use Town Portals in the same way that you could in Diablo II).

What exactly are you trying to avoid? The new portal system, the lack of free travel between acts in-game, and being forced to quest to farm the next boss or whatever are all annoyances that slow down the pace of farming and turn it into a half-random search for elite mobs that may or may not spawn with pain in the !@# affix combos. Really, it just serves to make all farming very same-ish. With a few exceptions, enemy types are largely irrelevant, with affixes mattering a great deal more than the enemies themselves. If that was your intent, more power to you I guess, but I don't see how it's better than the D2 system.
Reply Quote
Good idea. Support
Edited by longsiew#6915 on 11/2/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually have something to contribute here! :O Coming in from a blue tracker.

I would like to see banners when placed have a minute or two duration and have the function of being where people teleport to you when they use your banner in town. I rarely want to teleport to a friend when I join a game because I'm often jumping into the fray. Say you're kiting an elite pack, and a friend joins. He ports to you, and splats. If you can place a banner down outside of the area you're kiting, he can port to that and then join without risking death.

That's the only idea I've come up with them so far, but I've had it in mind since launch. Droppable banners as they exist are pretty useless. Especially with the short duration. Can't even be used to help guide other players.
Reply Quote
We need more customization in the banners... I think when you announced it, there was a skull base for HC players and some decoration for the achivemenst u had.... where did all that go?

and another thing is if it works to "identify" you online and showoff why the oficial forums dont use the banner as the icon in the left of the name... everyone with the same skull less the blues is depressing
Reply Quote
Hey all! I'm coming in from a blue tracker as well, and I actually have some other ideas to contribute about this too. I posted them a while back in a thread that got passed by, here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6571487770

I'd encourage you to check it out if you're curious about some ways to make death less frustrating while introducing a new risk/reward element to keep the game interesting.
Reply Quote
View profile
S what is the idea behind being able to drop a banner on the map? "Hey, lookit this banner guyz, FLEX" .................................
Reply Quote
Well, this is not the case anymore, but what i would have rlly liked was a damn 1 second delay when using portals before any dmg or monsters engage you. Have you ever ported to a friend and got oneshot cuz you couldnt use any skills? I mean I AM PORTED there! Yet spamming ss, vault, sp, etc does nothing before too late.and still, the one thing that pissed me pff badly was back when inferno was oneshot fest. In act4 you have the quests where you remove corruptions to reveal a portal where you had to destroy some thingsnin order to progress. We in this specific case...there was a phasebeast near the portal :D. I was stuck in instashots until i dodged a hit and could activate a skill. Pretty retarded that i can ger hit before i can move or do anything for that matter when it comes to zone transitions.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
This is a horrible idea.
Why do people want to make the game so easy it simply becomes silly?
This could only work out in case you pay some gold or make items lose more durability to do so.

Just to clear this up... This will not make the game more easy.

If I am clearing a dungeon and die 1 time why should my penalty be based on how far I have progressed? Dying is part of the game in softcore. You are constantly pushing yourself to harder difficulty and you may be plowing through it but hit that one really hard champion pack that owns you a few times.

There is nothing more tedious then running running back with a caped movement speed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]