Diablo® III

Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

Why don't they add just "mini checkpoints" in each map. I know in the stone front there are 2. One right after the first bridge, and 1 right before one of the catapults. If you die after crossing that part, you start right there. They could just implement like 2 or 3 of those per area to save sometime.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I was also thinking of that.

Tho in Diablo 2 you had to tun long way also I think.

Only difference was that charcter did not move slow like worms, like in Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
That said, we completely agree that banners in their current form are pretty boring and we'd love to make them more useful. If you have other ideas for banner uses, please share them!

An idea for the banners could be to create an aura when placed that adds very slight buffs to all affected characters in the area. These buffs could be determined based on the patterns the character has selected (this would allow some slight customization and coordination between players for maximum benefit). This way they are more usable and add some pizzazz to the game!
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
Make that 3 seconds please... otherwise it's a negative patch to players who rarely die.

Noted!

Completely agree!
Reply Quote
How about you stop dying you damn noobs?
Reply Quote
As some players have pointed out, allowing characters to revive at their banner's location does create some complications and could lead to certain kinds of gameplay that we'd prefer to avoid in Diablo III (this is actually why we don't allow players use Town Portals in the same way that you could in Diablo II). We definitely appreciate the feedback, though, and will continue to consider how we might be able to accommodate this suggestion -- or at least something similar -- in the future.

That said, we completely agree that banners in their current form are pretty boring and we'd love to make them more useful. If you have other ideas for banner uses, please share them!

(On a note that's somewhat related to respawning, we also happen to agree that incremental resurrection timers are overkill -- especially given the other penalties you incur when dying -- and are looking to change it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.)

Why don't you at the very least get rid of the 10 second countdown to leave a game.. after you are already dead. It's pointless.. when you are already dead!!
Reply Quote
Something like this.
Reply Quote
Banners should act as a 2 way, way point. U place one some where then the 2nd one you place will teleport you to the other banner and vise versa, with a cool down like Town portal of course.

This is perfect for big maze maps, and will make it so barb/DH are not the only good farming class with there constant sprinting/vaulting.
Edited by Why#1611 on 11/5/2012 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
My friends and I like to drop a banner on the corpses of our fallen foes after a particularly difficult battle. I think adding a physics burst effect that causes some minor havoc where the banner lands would be a fun little toy without having any change on gameplay.

Win a fight, throw down the banner and blast your enemies away!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/05/2012 11:10 AMPosted by NeedANooKnee
Completely agree!

Turns out we do, too. I followed up with our designers, and they asked me to clarify that the "5 seconds" accounts for 2 seconds for the "You have been killed!" window appears and then the standard 3-second wait to resurrect. So, we're not actually increasing the timer at all; we're just looking to no longer increment the timer for players who die multiple times.

Also, awesome suggestions! Keep'm coming. :)
Reply Quote
The respawn timers kinda suck sometimes.

But getting unlucky and dying 2-4 times on 1 champ pack at the end of a dng is a game exit'er for me usually. The run back just takes sooooo damn long and is so boring.
Reply Quote
I would ask for all respawn timers to be removed in Solo Play. No reason for them to exist at all.

If you want to compromise, howabout incrementing the timer with each MP level? All the MP10 champs can then feel good about how others have to suffer with a mandatory 10 sec cooldown. I suggest that because it seems schadenfreude seems to be the norm on the D3 forum.

Of course, keep timers the way they are in multi.
Reply Quote
Why is there a timer at all? It used to serve the purpose of punishing people who die too much, but that has been resolved with the increase in repair costs.

And by the way, even though rares can be identified in 1 second now, it still takes up a lot of time since your entire inventory fills up with rares every 15 minutes or so. With an "identify all" option at an NPC, not only would it allow us to actually play the game more, it also resolves the issue of people accidently vendoring items they didn't want to.

The game should try to reduce time spent on anything other than playing the game itself. It is an action RPG after all.
Edited by MoralHazard#1879 on 11/5/2012 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why is there a timer at all? It used to serve the purpose of punishing people who die too much, but that has been resolved with the increase in repair costs.

And by the way, even though rares can be identified in 1 second now, it still takes up a lot of time since your entire inventory fills up with rares every 15 minutes or so. With an "identify all" option at an NPC, not only would it allow us to actually play the game more, it also resolves the issue of people accidently vendoring items they didn't want to.

The game should try to reduce time spent on anything other than playing the game itself. It is an action RPG after all.

paragon levels makes the increase in repair costs totally superfluous. i can probably die once to every elite pack in a full act run and end up with a profit from vendoring yellows (ie: eg: 50 deaths per act)
Reply Quote
Don't die and you wont have an issue.
Reply Quote
Im curious what actually is the point of having to run back? What actually is the point of not having an 'identify all items in pack' button? Both of these issues do nothing but pretty much indicate that its time to end the game session. There are ample ways to 'punish' players for dying without wasting their time.

Death penalties can be anything from reduced xp for a duration to additional repair costs, to costing gold to respawn where you died. Having to spend 5 minutes running back to where you were is borderline ridiculous.
Edited by slicktrick#1483 on 11/5/2012 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
As some players have pointed out, allowing characters to revive at their banner's location does create some complications and could lead to certain kinds of gameplay that we'd prefer to avoid in Diablo III (this is actually why we don't allow players use Town Portals in the same way that you could in Diablo II). We definitely appreciate the feedback, though, and will continue to consider how we might be able to accommodate this suggestion -- or at least something similar -- in the future.

(On a note that's somewhat related to respawning, we also happen to agree that incremental resurrection timers are overkill -- especially given the other penalties you incur when dying -- and are looking to change it so that players can always revive at the last checkpoint five seconds after death in an upcoming patch.)

so what's the use of dropping banner right now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]