Diablo® III

Followers

It appears that set bonuses do not apply when items are equipped on followers. Is it just gray'd out but they are actually getting the buff or is it the other way around. Seems to me set bonuses should apply even if items are on a follower.
Reply Quote
My templar follower has two of the hallowed set pieces, shield and axe. On the website the set bonus shows up green so do not be fooled. In game the set bonus is not highlited giving me the impression my templar is not benefeting from having two set items equipped.
Reply Quote
Easy way to test this, click on your templars detailed stat sheet and see if the set bonus is effecting it at all.

If it isn't, I agree, report it to the bug forum.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As it stands currently, in order to receive the benefits of set bonuses, the set items need to be equipped on your main character. Set items equipped on Followers will not contribute to set bonuses.

We’re aware that this isn’t ideal, and we’re looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.
Reply Quote
As it stands currently, in order to receive the benefits of set bonuses, the set items need to be equipped on your main character. Set items equipped on Followers will not contribute to set bonuses.

We’re aware that this isn’t ideal, and we’re looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.

Oh man, I never thought of this. If I ever find better rings, it would be pretty sweet to equip Litany of the Undaunted and The Wailing Host on my Templar. Glad you are looking into this! :D
Reply Quote
Never mind the fact that you cannot have set bonus on followers, promote co-op play and allow your follow to continue to follow you in a public / co-op game. This was a big part of Diablo 2 and why do your followers not "Follow" you when you play with your friends...?
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Dragon
Never mind the fact that you cannot have set bonus on followers, promote co-op play and allow your follow to continue to follow you in a public / co-op game. This was a big part of Diablo 2 and why do your followers not "Follow" you when you play with your friends...?

I want to use set bonuses on followers. That said I completely agree that we should be able to bring our followers into co-op.
Reply Quote
/flame It could be construed as fun, so they decided not to add it to game. /troll
Reply Quote

So there will better armament slot? It should be, will do good for both party.

Also if possible, follower set items bonuses concentrate as "support" to main character only, that kind of synergy we're talking about apart from existing spell & ability enhancement.
Reply Quote
I'm just picturing the enchantress with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maximus + http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/litany-of-the-undaunted set...

Honestly I really think the followers could use some tender loving care and have come up with a few ideas for it. On the Co-op issue, allow the to join you with once you've beaten normal mode, not too much to ask for, and would let you get accustomed to how the game works in either solo play or group play at that point. And another aspect would be to unlock more for your followers as you gained levels in paragon.

I've outlined my ideas on the matter over here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794322893?page=1#1 if any ones willing to give it a quick skim. (Just do Ctrl+F and type follower to find the relevant posts)
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Zero
And another aspect would be to unlock more for your followers as you gained levels in paragon.

Love this. I also think it would be sweet to eventually be able to (only while solo of course) bring all three followers with you at the same time.
Reply Quote
I think we need to focus on followers in multiplayer, no?
Reply Quote
Set bonus on followers doesn't even really make sense. Other than the set rings, what are you going to do, really? Chantodos Wand and Source? Wait, the Enchantress can only equip a 2H weapon.... Hallowed set on templar? Who the heck uses the templar?

Fix followers first, then worry about their set bonuses. For one, give full gear slots and balance accordingly.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 06:10 PMPosted by IRRebel5150
Please, SOMEONE, use their goddam brain, GROW A PAIR, and stand up to the idiots in charge and fix this stuff!!!!

Spouting off like a kid will not get results, in most cases you get ignored. Providing issues & ideas in calm and collective manner tends to yield better results. It's called professionalism, and it does tend to work a fair bit better.

Love this. I also think it would be sweet to eventually be able to (only while solo of course) bring all three followers with you at the same time.

This was cut and pasted from my thread above seeing as this idea has been floating around the community for a while, and I've fleshed it out a tiny bit.

Followers

Lets face it followers are fairly lackluster in many fronts so we aim to remedy that as a whole. Part of the solution would be to have them scale off of gear the same way a player does. As was stated above, let them join us in multiplayer games after completing normal mode.

This portion ties heavily into paragon as an added bonus to grinding out those hellish levels.

-At paragon level 25 a follower would be able to gain paragon with you and would unlock more gear, along the lines of Chest armor, pants, and boots.

-At level 50 You would now be able to have 2 of your followers join you in single player game. Your followers would unlock gloves, helms, belts, and bracers.

-At 75 This would also allow 3 followers into your single player game.

-At level 100 Followers would unlock their full potential with a 2 page skill book that would be assigned similar to a players along with a final powerful ability with a 2min CD , They would also gain a small inventory, 4x8 in size.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]