Diablo® III

Followers

(Locked)

WOW That looks really great, Totally agreed specific on your idea of concerning Paragon LV with followers

BUT in that case it should be came out with D3EX, i afraid

before that i wish currently 2 or 3 (it possible?) parts of SET items in follower's equipments works correctly for their bonus
Edited by edicius#1492 on 10/11/2012 3:24 AM PDT
As it stands currently, in order to receive the benefits of set bonuses, the set items need to be equipped on your main character. Set items equipped on Followers will not contribute to set bonuses.

We’re aware that this isn’t ideal, and we’re looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.

Oh, that will be interesting! :D
As it stands currently, in order to receive the benefits of set bonuses, the set items need to be equipped on your main character. Set items equipped on Followers will not contribute to set bonuses.

We’re aware that this isn’t ideal, and we’re looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.

Thanks for the response but I think the majority miss understand my original question and thought. I am not saying that I want to equip one set item on my follower and one set item on my main character and get the set bonus.

What I am saying here is that I have two of the Hallowed set pieces on my templar, which are the shield and axe. When both of those items are equipped and I look at my follower details page I see no benefit from having the two set items slotted.

This may have been what you meant to say and I am just reading it wrong.

I agree that set item bonuses should not cross over from follower to main character but if you equip a follower with set items then the benefit of the set should apply to the follower only.

And whoever said we should give the followers more gear slots I totally agree with that. As it stands now my templar has a decent amount of life and I have stacked as much resist and armor as I can afford and he still dies relatively fast. I have my other two followers decently geared for solo play also and they can sill die fast. It would be nice if more gear slots were given to allow followers to get more life/resist/damage and actually be like have another party member.
Edited by Azodeus#1244 on 10/11/2012 6:09 AM PDT
I'm surprised set bonuses don't work on followers. (not)

Honestly, a lot of things in D3 don't surprise me anymore. Just like that topic about the Nagelring, that supposedly couldn't ever drop due to a bug.
Another issue I like to see fixed is that your follower should be able to accompany you into the Diablo fight. You can fight every boss together, except Big D. Why is he the exception?

I don't see any reason (that impacts game play) why he/she can't fight with you. If necessary, increase Diablo's health by another 500K, or something like that.

I can see why Tyrael (sp??) can't go with you, although since he's now mortal he should not be bound by the limitations put on arch angels (no interference/helping). But, at least that's been consistent throughout D3, and even has it roots in D2.
I vote to leave followers out of multiplayer. UP THE PLAYER COUNT.
They are adding monster power. Why not have 8 players then?
Followers for single player seems to be fine. I'd much prefer to run around with 8 real ppl than 4 with 4 npc's.

PVP would benefit from 8 player games as well. 2 v 2 arena deathmatch only = sad
While the 8 players to a match idea would be wholeheartedly welcomed by many in the community, that's no small task to implement. Now I'm not saying it's impossible, because frankly just about anything is in a video game world, but that would take a decent bit of re programming.

Allowing followers into co-op with us and even 3 followers in a solo game could be just as tedious to implement. I have no idea about the internal structure for the game itself, so I have no real room to speculate on such things.

But I ask, why leave our followers sidelined, when they could be decent assets to a group, possibly even filling roles for groups missing a niche build or class. Ever come across a group of 4 demon hunters? 2 templars an enchantress and scoundrel could create a nice synergy for the lack of variety in that group and keep them moving forward instead of people rage quiting.

My view on the followers is they have an incredible potential to expand into omni tools, and we the players should be poking and prodding to find out if they can reach higher than their current designation.

This makes sense. Why would an item on a follower count towards the set on main character?

What I don't think makes sense is: why does the immortal king fury generate bonus not stack with unforgiving? Does not seem like you get any bonus, if you do, it is way too low.
10/12/2012 05:09 AMPosted by XDragon001
This makes sense. Why would an item on a follower count towards the set on main character?

Because it would allow players more equipment variety. Diablo 3 isn't about making sense, it is about getting the best gear possible.

I fully support the idea and posted about it on my site to help spread the word:

http://easydiablo3.com/post/2012/10/12/Followers-and-Set-Items.aspx

Hope it gets implemented.

how about adding set items just for followers. the relic and whatever the others are called are only equipable on followers so maybe make uniques of those and just make set bonuses be halved for followers.
You know, a little warning that set items do not work in game on followers would have been nice.
Wait, the Enchantress can only equip a 2H weapon....

Nope. Not accurate at all.

how about adding set items just for followers. the relic and whatever the others are called are only equipable on followers so maybe make uniques of those and just make set bonuses be halved for followers.

I think the CM missed the point too :) we want to add set bonus only for follower if they have two pieces and are able to equip all of them. It's totally different from equiping one on your char and one on your follower to get the bonus. An extra skeleton doesn't make you kill stuffs faster or tank for you. It simply mean adding more flavor to your gameplay, so why not..

This portion ties heavily into paragon as an added bonus to grinding out those hellish levels.

-At paragon level 25 a follower would be able to gain paragon with you and would unlock more gear, along the lines of Chest armor, pants, and boots.

-At level 50 You would now be able to have 2 of your followers join you in single player game. Your followers would unlock gloves, helms, belts, and bracers.

-At 75 This would also allow 3 followers into your single player game.

-At level 100 Followers would unlock their full potential with a 2 page skill book that would be assigned similar to a players along with a final powerful ability with a 2min CD , They would also gain a small inventory, 4x8 in size.

I agree with most of your idea, but one follower at a time is enough, it makes you choose the best one for your play style and build, too much mean overpowered.
instead, follower's skill will have ranks, each rank unlock will reduce cooldown of their skill, and boost its power.
Edited by NirVash#6223 on 11/21/2012 10:23 AM PST
I don't understand why the proc for the skeleton won't work when using the "Legacy of Wicked Dreams" set. Or any set for that matter.
The followers are already weak enough, and almost worthless to have with you. It's like being 60(50) and having a lvl 40 tagging along with you, all they do is minimal damage and die.
So why not allow the set bonuses?
And ??!!?? Months go by and bug is still present !!! :/

Shame on Blizz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And ??!!?? Months go by and bug is still present !!! :/

Shame on Blizz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, like his is the only aspect of the game in need of attention...
How about ID All?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]