Diablo® III

Followers

(Locked)

This sux, just wasted all my gold on a set for follower for nothing :(
90 Worgen Rogue
Is this ever going to get fixed? I never knew this was a problem until I just bought wailing host and litany on the AH for several million gold >_<
10/11/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Zero
Allowing followers into co-op with us and even 3 followers in a solo game could be just as tedious to implement. I have no idea about the internal structure for the game itself, so I have no real room to speculate on such things.

I haven't played co-op in a while, but I know for sure a couple months ago you could manage to keep your follower when a friend joined your game.
You just had to keep the follower busy with monsters, and it would not go back to town.
So technically, it is possible, for sure.
When can we expect this bug to be addressed, because I just spent quite a bit of gold on the auction house on a set of Litany of the Undaunted and The Wailing Host rings specifically for my templar, and for the effect not to work on him for whatever reason, is extremely ludicrous.
90 Tauren Priest
LOL

Blue post = 10th October 2012
Currently = 27th March 2013

ETA = 2015 ~ 2016
As it stands currently, in order to receive the benefits of set bonuses, the set items need to be equipped on your main character. Set items equipped on Followers will not contribute to set bonuses.

We’re aware that this isn’t ideal, and we’re looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.

This confuses me so much... What are you looking in to? This isn't really complicated. You go in to the code and make set bonuses work for a follower. Done. o_o
give followers their own set bonuses. Add another ofllower
oh yea list your ideas in a calm professional manner. you will get noticed....

That sounds lovely on paper but its not true.

there has been encyclopedias of fixes and corrections and ideas puked out by countless players professionally and angrily and the response is the same.

It's not even true in real life. you should see what happens at my place of work....

Anyways please blizzard continue to not provide set bonuses to followers.
That's a much better Idea than allowing those set bonuses.

and please hum and haw over it for months and years, trying to figure out a strategic way of making it all work out.....

keep up the great work.
10/10/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Fantomex
I also think it would be sweet to eventually be able to (only while solo of course) bring all three followers with you at the same time.

What a great suggestion. Four player solo! It's already done to a degree when you have both Leah and Adria tagging along with your follower. Make it so.

Inevitable suggestion:

Have 3 of your other characters tag along with you, and allow them to level up.

We’re aware that this isn’t ideal[...]

Nothing is ideal in your game )= My 98 RIP necromancer is rollin' in his grave for what you have done to this game.
10/10/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Fantomex
Never mind the fact that you cannot have set bonus on followers, promote co-op play and allow your follow to continue to follow you in a public / co-op game. This was a big part of Diablo 2 and why do your followers not "Follow" you when you play with your friends...?

I want to use set bonuses on followers. That said I completely agree that we should be able to bring our followers into co-op.

As much as I wished followers can follow us in co-op, I understand the complications involved in re-coding them. It is the same issue as having 'hostile' button anywhere out of town for pvp.

@Blue: While you're at it, can you guys make the mechanics like on kill, and health globe passives to be more co-op friendly? The demon hunters don't receive the hatred and discipline from vengeance if the globe was picked up by other party member.
10/10/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re aware that this isn’t ideal, and we’re looking into some possibilities that would make using set items on Followers a more appealing choice in the future.

it would be great to have a nice follower set.
When will you fix the set equipment bonus active on followers ?
When will you fix the set equipment bonus active on followers ? And I suggest add more equipment part to wear for followers, it can also reduce the inflation problem in AH.
As it stands currently, in order to receive the benefits of set bonuses, the set items need to be equipped on your main character. Set items equipped on Followers will not contribute to set bonuses.

Please also fix little things like the +experience bonuses on follower gear not showing in their detailed stat window.
Please don't fix useless things like set bonuses on followers. Please focus your resources on improving things that actually matter.
Posting in a thread where a blue says something without actually saying anything
Hi,

Is this problem finally fixed, it has been over half a year when this issue was first reported?

Cheers!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]