Diablo® III

D3 Expac: Necromancer Hero

read the sin war books people. cain even mentions the sin war in act one. necromancers are basically the balance keepers of the world. when the first nephalem rose his younger brother was chosen to keep balance in the world as a necromancer by trag-oul. the lore almost demands there rise once again as the balance has comepletely gone to crap. LL the necromancer
Reply Quote
[quote]They can't mix Necromancer's spells with new stuff. They just can't and they won't.

I'm not sure if your reply was concerning my post above yours, but all the suggestions I made for the Necromancer in D3 were in-line with the D2 Necro abilities and the lore.

As for the people saying the WD replaced the Necro, that is simply untrue. Obviously there is some similarities between the D2 Necro and the D3 WD, but there's still major differences. The Necromancer in D3 expansion could have a lot of expanded and more in-depth abilities. Born forming offensive and defensive abilities could offer a lot of new potential for the Necro, and give the class a more definitive style of gameplay from the Witchdoctor.

With the new rune system making one skill able to change into multiple different forms of the spell, I would be really excited to see spells like Skeletal summoning, Reanimation, Bone Wall, Bonespear, Golem, Bone Armor etc have so many new options.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 01:35 AMPosted by SteelFaith
[quote]They can't mix Necromancer's spells with new stuff. They just can't and they won't.

I'm not sure if your reply was concerning my post above yours, but all the suggestions I made for the Necromancer in D3 were in-line with the D2 Necro abilities and the lore.

As for the people saying the WD replaced the Necro, that is simply untrue. Obviously there is some similarities between the D2 Necro and the D3 WD, but there's still major differences. The Necromancer in D3 expansion could have a lot of expanded and more in-depth abilities. Born forming offensive and defensive abilities could offer a lot of new potential for the Necro, and give the class a more definitive style of gameplay from the Witchdoctor.

With the new rune system making one skill able to change into multiple different forms of the spell, I would be really excited to see spells like Skeletal summoning, Reanimation, Bone Wall, Bonespear, Golem, Bone Armor etc have so many new options.

Of course they need to expand the rune choices and skills... Or the necromancer would only have 5-6 skills lol. What I mean is that you can't create a new character using necromancer skills and call it a dark knight. Those bone and corpse skills are granted only by Trag-Oul by making you a necromancer. Only corrupted ones get new kind of skills but they can't become a hero since they are Undead and "corrupted" like those summoners you see everywhere in diablo 3 throwing arcane thingy at you.
Edited by PureLaine#1705 on 11/2/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I realize that Purelaine, I wasn't suggesting the Necromancer become a "Dark Knight" like from Warcraft or something; I was actually saying the Necromancer has a lot of defensive and melee combat potential. The bone armor the Necromancer wears; the power to create bone barriers, walls, shields, and other defensive spells; and the tough and resilient minions the Necromancer summons allow a Necromancer to fight in close with enemies - especially compared to a Witch Doctor, Wizard etc.

In Diablo II, I really enjoyed a melee oriented Necro with Poison Dagger, or a Scythe or Glaive type weapon. Bone shield was really cool too, but it be even better if the Necro can use more one handed weapons with bone shield, and inbune the weapons with cursed magics.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/128475/2616124-15_diablo_2_necromancer.jpg < Need I say more?
Edited by SteelFaith#1501 on 11/2/2012 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Relatively...

Sorceress: 100% found in Wizard -------Not coming back
Necromancer: 50% found in WD
Paladin: 50% found in Monk
Assassin: 100% found between Monk and DH -------Not coming back
Druid: Not found
Barbarian: 100% found in himself ---------- already back
Amazon: 50% found in DH

Sword/Shield, Shape shifting, Javelin, Bones and Nature force skills aren't found in Diablo 3.

IMO, a shapeshifting character with javelin skills (strength) could be included in the 1st expansion. Necromancer for the fanbase's love (intelligence) already designed. That is my prediction.

Discuss...

I didn't bother reading the entirety of the thread before replying so forgive me if I restate something.

Not only does wizard play like a Sorceress, but the wizards original back story stated that we were exiled from the same mage clans that were in the sorc back story. In fact these read much the same. So much so I think that the wizard's builds on sorceress's. Add that to the fact the a handful of sorc spells returned on the wizard. Meteor, Blizzard share names and mechanics, while teleport, hydra, and frost nova have updated mechanics but serve the same function. There are also a few more that are clearly updated versions of sorceress spells.(Frozen orb and Lightning vs Arcane Orb and Electrocute) Even though a few wiz spells appear to be be taking from the druid, for example, arctic blast vs ray of frost. I still think the wizard is in fact a reappearance.
Reply Quote
I predict Druid (str) and hopefully Necro (int) in the xpac. I'd drop progress on my other characters and go all out to play the necro.
Reply Quote
I'm more inclined to believe Necromancer will be added as a new follower instead of being a PC.
Reply Quote
I loved the necro, but he probably won't be coming back. The WD is essentially a necromancer, since she/he communicates with spirits and uses powers derived from the dead (or the Unformed Land, which is the land of the dead). Having 2 classes that summon undead minions would be redundant. A bard would be a great new class, or even something like a Persian-styled combatant, like the Persian immortals. Then again, the sorceress from D2 had a somewhat Persian look.
Reply Quote
the priests of rathma wouldn't only have ranged casters like the necromancer in d2 (yes, he could be a melee type but he sucks at it)

death knight or something along those lines can be a priest of rathma but guess what? their main attribute is strength, they use primarily melee attacks. instead of casting curses from a range, there should be spells that put curses on enemies when you hit them with a melee attack. there should be a primary melee attack that causes a corpse to explode when the enemy dies, with runes like poison damage over time, more damage in physical form, double the range of the damage, when the corpse dies it'll boost armor... and they will have melee skele pets, and mage skele pets and for defense/crowd control they can have bone prison /bone armor

i think this would be a really cool strength based class! its extremely different from the barbarian who is already strength based and would have awesome diversity
Edited by Jim#1973 on 12/10/2012 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I want a Death Knight-esque character. How cool would it be to combine a heavy armor-wearing (a "plate class" in WOW terminology) character using necromantic powers?
Reply Quote
The Necromongers from Riddick were somthing along the lines of Death Knights.
Reply Quote
Though i really love the necros from d2, im not expecting their come back at the expac, since there's an undead summoner already like someone said above.

In my opinion, they should just put a vitality type hero with an enormous shield n his attacks r all based on his vitality n life, block n kill, sacrifice life to kill, absorbs dmg n reflect back, redirect ranged attacks, i feel more heroic if my character is like this. :D

Or the other one is, an intelligence melee hero that has the power to control time n space. Oohh lovely. :D
Reply Quote
Relatively...

Sorceress: 100% found in Wizard -------Not coming back
Necromancer: 50% found in WD
Paladin: 50% found in Monk
Assassin: 100% found between Monk and DH -------Not coming back
Druid: Not found
Barbarian: 100% found in himself ---------- already back
Amazon: 50% found in DH

Sword/Shield, Shape shifting, Javelin, Bones and Nature force skills aren't found in Diablo 3.

IMO, a shapeshifting character with javelin skills (strength) could be included in the 1st expansion. Necromancer for the fanbase's love (intelligence) already designed. That is my prediction.

Discuss...

Druid is a redundant and pointless class. All it does is shapeshift into animals and animals are much weaker than humans. The class in a transformed state wouldn't be functionally different from a barb, in fact it would be less useful because animals are poor fighters so it would have less skills (their bodies simply are not made for the type of long drawn out battles that humans engage in). And of course the transformations wouldn't make sense because of the weapon and armor problem as the transformations will just be animals that aren't wearing armor and not wielding weapons.

The WD also doesn't make any sense because the summons being an external body wouldn't have anywhere near the power that the WD itself had and shouldn't increase with increasing stats on the WD since the summons are external and not internal). So yeah you can have your stupid druid class however you will be restricted when in animal form to having the same stats as an animal would have (ie no armor or weapons or jewelry and thus being just as easily squishable as all those little bugs and critters you can squish in Act 2. As a continuation of that note the WD is really completely out of place in the Diablo world because it uses powers that are too different from the powers every other class has, powers that are so different that they essentially come from a completely different reality. And many of the WD's ability wouldn't be doing much if any damage to the later enemies. Poison darts, frogs, dogs, come on those aren't going to do squat to a demon.

The WD doesn't make sense with the Nephelem story that gets told alongside Leah's story because a lot of what the WD does has nothing to do with internal power as almost everything the WD has is an external power that has no basis in an internal source (ex: magic missle is a missle created from the player's internal magic whereas poison darts are just some darts loaded into a blowgun which are therefore external and wouldn't do more damage by having the player transform from normal human to powerful nephelem). You will have the same problem with necromancers who are also nearly exclusively external. Thus the 2 classes from D2 (necro and druid) alongside the WD from D3 don't make sense to include in D3's class roster because they either use almost exclusively external powers in a story about the growth of internal power or else use redundant mechanics and skills that don't make any sense.

The Amazon is split between the lady barb and DH.

The necro, as much as can be functionally implemented, is found in the WD and what cannot be implemented was neccessarily left out and will not be coming back (Necro was from a time when games were made without seeking the type of balance gamers now expect).

If a new class is created it will have to be something that is sufficiently distinguishable from the classes we have now.

Since we have 3 ranged classes but only 2 melee classes I am assuming that the next class will have to be melee but I'm not really sure what they can do mechanically to seperate it from the already existing classes. I do know however that they aren't likely to implement it if the only difference is visual.

And touching on the Necro once again, there is no such thing as balance. Balance is you are refering to the war between heaven and hell would be running up to the angels and punching them in the face if they begin to win or punching the demons in the face if they begin to win. Wanting "balance" of that nature is saying that you want chaos which is the same thing as saying you want to create pointless suffering for the sake of suffering and is actually saying you want to further the goals of the demons. There is no middle ground between good and evil, you either want to do what is for the best or you want to do what is for the worst (including taking actions that are under the guise of "maintaining balance").
Edited by Shahadem#1174 on 3/3/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:53 AMPosted by LOKI
read the sin war books people. cain even mentions the sin war in act one. necromancers are basically the balance keepers of the world. when the first nephalem rose his younger brother was chosen to keep balance in the world as a necromancer by trag-oul. the lore almost demands there rise once again as the balance has comepletely gone to crap. LL the necromancer

I totally agree.
The lore demands the necromancers to appear in action, not only on the Sin War books, there are necromancers on the Legacy of Blood, The Kindom of Shadow and the Spider's moon. There is no chance that necro can possibly stay out of the battle on the expansion because it is comprehensive that they chose to remain silent during the 1st stage of diablo 3, but not anymore.
Reply Quote
no matter what jay willson or anyone else said, I realy dont think the WD can replace Nec.

When the game released, I did want to like wd to make me feel little good for there is no nec.Then I found I did not like wd at all. I wat nec back。
Reply Quote
Chef class. Cook myriads of delicacies and feed it to your enemies until they are dead.
Reply Quote
How about bringing back ALL D2 classes back!
Reply Quote
this
Reply Quote
WTB Necromancer class
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]