Diablo® III

D3 Expac: Necromancer Hero

We now have 2 int class. They could make the necromancer a vitality class hero since they hold the aspect of life and death. They cast spells using their own hp as a resource perhaps. I see the necromancers becoming the death knights of diablo 3. Think about the possibilities. Skeletal warriors with five runes. They could even summon a grim reaper!

The last line is dumb and silly.

THAT AND I DONT TRUST -the idea of having a Vit class. EVERYONE needs Vit but they also have a mainstat. A guy with Vit as mainstat can just build 1 thing and become both tanky, lots of resource points (casting from hp), and have lots of damage.

It's not balanceable unless his costs are very high, or his damage is low.

What we DO NEED is at least +1 other Str class.
Reply Quote
I think WD is too similar - i think they would need something like a crypt keeper.
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Kaz
I think WD is too similar - i think they would need something like a crypt keeper.

A.............WHAT?
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 06:08 AMPosted by Mijuu
We now have 2 int class. They could make the necromancer a vitality class hero since they hold the aspect of life and death. They cast spells using their own hp as a resource perhaps. I see the necromancers becoming the death knights of diablo 3. Think about the possibilities. Skeletal warriors with five runes. They could even summon a grim reaper!

THAT AND I DONT TRUST -the idea of having a Vit class. EVERYONE needs Vit but they also have a mainstat. A guy with Vit as mainstat can just build 1 thing and become both tanky, lots of resource points (casting from hp), and have lots of damage.

So a character that is summoning zombie bears is not silly....And what's wrong with using hp as a resource? Some warlock spells are like that in WoW so why not?
Reply Quote

So a character that is summoning zombie bears is not silly....And what's wrong with using hp as a resource? Some warlock spells are like that in WoW so why not?

I just explained in my post what's wrong with a class using Vit as MAINSTAT. Pay HP if you want, but it cant be a Vit mainstat class without keeping an eye on how their damage scales along with their HP.

If you get damage off of Vit too WITH hp resource, you are able to build just 1 stat which would make ANYONE ELSE A GLASS CANNON.....but instead come out a ADAMANTIUM TANK. Why? Because you get: more tankiness HP, more resource, more DAMAGE (glass cannon level damage).

Also.

Summoning bears is fine. Even summoning demons is fine too.

"Hei letz summon the grim reaperz!"

Just sounds.........................................off. For some reason.
Edited by Mijuu#1695 on 5/28/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"I like the witch doctor coz he can summon dogz and bearz."

"What??? isn't that a druid type summons?"

"No dude, they're zombiefied so it's more badazz!! Not only that, we have giant frogs too!"

- im outta here...
Reply Quote
"I like the witch doctor coz he can summon dogz and bearz."

"What??? isn't that a druid type summons?"

"No dude, they're zombiefied so it's more badazz!! Not only that, we have giant frogs too!"

- im outta here...

And BATS.
Reply Quote
Clearly a blowdart is superior to running around surrounded by a hurricane or raining fireballs on your enemies. Now we unlocked the ability to blow a snake at them!

Ummm, so why wasn't the druid a Nephalem. Pretty flippin amazing if someone walks around and it just rains meteors.

These people made the pony level... so why bother wondering....
Reply Quote
05/29/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Ghoulz
Ummm, so why wasn't the druid a Nephalem. Pretty flippin amazing if someone walks around and it just rains meteors.
What do you mean? He was!
Reply Quote
Clearly a blowdart is superior to running around surrounded by a hurricane or raining fireballs on your enemies. Now we unlocked the ability to blow a snake at them!Ummm, so why wasn't the druid a Nephalem. Pretty flippin amazing if someone walks around and it just rains meteors.These people made the pony level... so why bother wondering....

To put things into perspective....

Lets say you have a hurricane the size of what the Druid made.... how much damage could it "honestly" do compared to lets take for exemple ... a snake bite.

Take any venomous snakes out there, and if i had the choice of being biten or walking into a 10 km/h "hurricane"....

I'd pick the hurricane any day of the week ;)

Its all about perspective, maybe just maybe when the worldstone exploded, the Druid died, and along with him, all his knowledge on how to summon the meteors and the Fissures and what not ?
Then came along this Witch Doctor who could control animals, beasts, insects, snakes, you name it! and that WD decided he'd save the world...
are you going to complain ? or help him out ?

Thats lore wise,
game wise,

Did you really want a diablo 2.5 ? No, no you didnt, you wanted something new, fresh. Well they had to do SOMETHING right ? Well, sadly, the druid didnt make it in this title, who knows, perhaps he'll show up in an expansion.
As i recall, there was TWO schedualed expansions to Diablo 3... so dont despair, he might just resurface.
Reply Quote

Did you really want a diablo 2.5 ? No, no you didnt, you wanted something new, fresh. Well they had to do SOMETHING right ? Well, sadly, the druid didnt make it in this title, who knows, perhaps he'll show up in an expansion.
As i recall, there was TWO schedualed expansions to Diablo 3... so dont despair, he might just resurface.

ACTUALLY IF WE BELIEVE ALL THE THINGS PEOPLE SAY ON THIS FORUM

They actually ONLY wanted Diablo 2 all over again, no changes at all except perhaps a much needed graphics upgrade.

Yep.
Reply Quote

I just explained in my post what's wrong with a class using Vit as MAINSTAT. Pay HP if you want, but it cant be a Vit mainstat class without keeping an eye on how their damage scales along with their HP.

If you get damage off of Vit too WITH hp resource, you are able to build just 1 stat which would make ANYONE ELSE A GLASS CANNON.....but instead come out a ADAMANTIUM TANK. Why? Because you get: more tankiness HP, more resource, more DAMAGE (glass cannon level damage).

Also.

Summoning bears is fine. Even summoning demons is fine too.

"Hei letz summon the grim reaperz!"

Just sounds.........................................off. For some reason.
not to mention there is no grim reaper in the Diablo lore, and rathma is ALWAYS busy.
Reply Quote

There will be 2 new class coming in the expansion and this is guaranteed. Do you see every people playing the same class ? No, people must have a choice and Blizzard has always been about "diversity".
Where has it been said the expansion will have 2 classes? Could be more. I have heard they want to do multiple expansions, so they could very well just add one class per.

At the very least we need a STR class, we already have 2 DEX and 2 INT while STR only has 1, so it's a natural choice.

Given the Barbarian is based around the style of attack-attack-attack and wades into battle wielding huge !@# weapons (one in each hand even), I'd like to see a second STR class that is more defensive oriented. Something along the lines of the Paladin from D2, designed to go into battle with a shield. Class specific weapon could be maces, hammers and possibly swords, the off-hand would be shields and the armor could maybe be pauldrons or something.

I'd go for a vit-based class who's resource management is based on his own life supply XD
OOH, I like it. Blood mage: has a resource (blood, vitality, whavever) than is used to cast the more mundane abilities, but the real nuke abilities are cast from hitpoints. To counter-balance this, the resource generation skills would include several life steal options
====
I will definitely add my name to the list of those who want a necromancer. The Witchdoctor does have some stuff that is like the necromancer (a few summons, poison, some curses), but there's plenty of differences, Summons are animals and zombies rather than skeletons and zombies (so as much difference as there was between necro and druid summons in D2) and there doesn't seem to be as much of a focus on summons (or at least not permanent ones), and there are no bone attacks; the curses area seems more based on creating terror where most necromancer curses are more about debilitating an enemy. The witch doctor is a witch doctor, necromancers are mages.

I will grant pet classes often pose a problem. Besides the lag issue which doesn't seem to be as much of a problem now from what I have seen, a bunch of summons does cause trouble in tight confines. beyond that, being tied to corpses for summoning is a bad idea, it makes handling bosses and champions something of a difficult affair when the supply of bodies is limited, and D3 boses are instanced, so you can't leave momentarily to restock at your last killing spree, and of the bosses that do summon minions, it's usually only one or two minions at a time.

Still I think if they could reduce the number of summons to three to five max (down from 17 IIRC) and remove the corpse requirement and we have something to work on.

I think part of the differentiation could come in the form of giving the necromancer a bit more in your face abilities (witch doctor fights more from a distance, and all of his poison stuff is lobbed from a distance). If they bring back poison dagger, thats a melee ability right there, and there's bone armor for protection, plus poison nova is a bit more in your face, add on a few other things that work best in the thick of things similar to how the wizard has stuff like wave of force, frost nova, and spectral blade (for example, a rune for teeth that sends teeth in a 350 degree circle rather than forward; add the ability to conjure a bone spear [an actual, handheld, melee spear, not the bone javelin called a spear]). A caster that is less squishy would be great, I know there's a sort of melee wizard build, that I sometimes hear about, but both INT based classes are very much glass cannons.

Skills would be reduced , obviously. Golem would definitely be one skill with runes, and I imagine skeletons would be too (skeletons is base ability then runes could let you raise skeletal mages or archers[didn't have those before], additional runes could let you raise fewer, more powerful skeletons or alternatively zerg your way to victory, and they could also replace skeletons with rotting corpses, do poison damage and are meatier, but hobble a might slowly). We can have poison nova, and poison dagger as well as teeth, bone spear and bone spirit, curses would likely be reduced a lot, and due to the corpses during bosses problem, I imagine, it would actually be a good idea to leave corpse explosion out. if bone wall is retains, bone prison would be a rune.

The only major overlap I can see (the pets is a minor overlap) is actually in equipment, specifically class specific gear. Bringing back shrunken heads as the off-hand would overlap with mojos (though if they make necromacers a more hardy class that wades into battle, bone shields would fit), necromancers are shown to have an affinity for daggers, which is already a class specific item from witch doctors, and I would imagine a good class specific armor would be the skills of demons and animals, which is awfully similar to WD masks
Edited by BirdofPrey#1118 on 6/2/2013 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the Necromancer Needs to added to Diablo 3!
Reply Quote
Necromancer vs Archangel of Death sounds too awesome.
Reply Quote
Just watched the gameplay trailer of the crusader. Seems Malthael is messing up with the corpses, raising them as evil minions. Necromancers don't approve..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]