Diablo® III

How Do You Faceroll MP 10? HELP

Is WKL really that good? Was thinking of changing my offline..

Regarding Pick up radius.. Will it help with survivability? Possible upgrade in shoulder and boot.
Reply Quote
I haven't tried the PTR yet. I'm talking about now compared to not wearing a shield there is a huge difference in reflect.

As I said earlier, I would try and stack more life steal or add some loh

Honestly RD is a joke now, but in 1.0.5 is a different story.. I'm surprise it took us out pretty fast..
Reply Quote
Yes and yes.

I'm working on getting some ice climbers with pick up radius also so I can sustain from globes that I proc further away.

WKL is amazing. It's even better if you have a main hand with full physical damage. I have turned many people onto WKL and they all love it. It's most important to get one with high lightning damage. Mine cost me 80m long before the new patch was announced. I could prob get double that now.

I lost 10k paper doll damage when I got WKL but it kills so much faster.
Reply Quote
Yes and yes.

I'm working on getting some ice climbers with pick up radius also so I can sustain from globes that I proc further away.

WKL is amazing. It's even better if you have a main hand with full physical damage. I have turned many people onto WKL and they all love it. It's most important to get one with high lightning damage. Mine cost me 80m long before the new patch was announced. I could prob get double that now.

Sound promising.. haha thanks for sharing
Reply Quote
It's very difficult to face roll MP 10 with the ridiculous amount of hp's the monsters have since you get surrounded easily. To reduce the frustration of getting surrounded and pummeled to death by mobs, I played MP 10 like I played inferno pre patches, just pulling a few monsters at a time, same with elites. This play style works quite well, although its vastly different than what we are accustomed to in 1.04 now where we just charge in and face roll everything easily.

Unfortunately, it takes hours to do a full Act 3 clear and I enjoye play
Reply Quote
It's very difficult to face roll MP 10 with the ridiculous amount of hp's the monsters have since you get surrounded easily. To reduce the frustration of getting surrounded and pummeled to death by mobs, I played MP 10 like I played inferno pre patches, just pulling a few monsters at a time, same with elites. This play style works quite well, although its vastly different than what we are accustomed to in 1.04 now where we just charge in and face roll everything easily.

Unfortunately, it takes hours to do a full Act 3 clear on MP 10 and I enjoye playing MP 7-8 more since the mobs were a lot more manageable. Also, with the hellfire ring nerf (or bug fix per Blizz), I'm not playing MP 10 since the guarantee of the ring doesn't seem worth the time.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 10/7/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just tried MP 10 with my current setup/gear and I must say mp 10 take me out like a !@#$% and it just took so long to down elite. Here's my question.

1) Is it even possible for monk to melt mp10 act 3 after all the nerf to our defensive skills?

2) How do you deal with Reflect-dmg?

3) Is there something wrong with my current setup? Should i go for more Dps like over 200k or lower my dps and go defensive?

Appreciate if anyone at all can enlightened me with your vast knowledge of this class as i am totally loss on what should i do next and sadden by this whole mp 10 drama after spending so much on my gear... =<

If Blizzard did the tuning right then "highly specialized extreme" builds should not work as well anymore. Try a more balanced build/gear setup.

As with all things in life, keeping things in balance usually works out better in the long run. This should not be any different if Blizzard did it's job.
Edited by Blueskies#1583 on 10/7/2012 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes and yes.

Thank you so much for the recommendation bro! Upgrade my WKL, 5.2% LS, Pickup radius 17 yards.. Now I truly knows what god feels like.. =) Monk FTW
Reply Quote
Nice! I'm glad your happy. Where did you get the WKL and how much did you pay?
You caught me in dps, now I gotta find something to upgrade :)
Reply Quote
Honestly if you are dual wielding and not using a high lighting skills% WKL with lifesteal and a socket you're doing it wrong.

When will people learn paper dps means nothing.
Reply Quote
1. Bought a 240 vit and 90 dex blackthornes chest to boost my survivability, at the moment im still using my innas but i used it in ptr and that helped a lot.

2. Also replaced all my gems with amethysts

3. Used time of need healing mantra

4. Used pacifism instead of fleet foot (actually gives you cc invun if you have a fair bit of life regen)

After following those steps you will still NOT be able to do mp10 because blizzard are !@#$ heads and show the monk no attention
Reply Quote
OP, Res

I can handle mp10 just fine
Reply Quote
mp lvl 10 is a joke all it is is more hp monsters how are u having any trouble? i faceroll mp 10. honestly, if they didnt say that nado proc rate was nerfed, i wouldve never known, i cant even tell the difference
Edited by Joch#1760 on 10/8/2012 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have more or less the same gear i wear now excpet blackthornes pants and an soj instead of leorics. I do fine can solo 2/3 uber bosses and kill most melee eleetes in under 2 mins ranged under 5.... illusionsts can gtfo imho and this is only 120k dps 3% life steal 1700 loh 750 res all 5600 armor 60k life. feel free to add me on ptr and i will give u what ever tips i can. Perhaps you are in the wrong spec. Also it is worth noting that i do die on hard !@# packs. But i dont skip them. Worst part for me really was going back to 12% movement speed. Ceratian affixes arent really a problem anymore like molten and arcane. But things like fast or plauged can be brutal because the encounters last to long and the plauges get dropped on top of one another and then stack the damage. so be sure to kite out of the plauged after it stacks too long. Also if you know your light on armor which 99.9% of us will be due to the sti nerf. phasebeasts mallet lords and a few other mobs may prove to be more than challanging. With alot of life steal if you switch to hard target than u lose the extra damage abnd in turn life steal u gain from rockin moc, so it really doesnt help at this time it would seem. The hellfire ring although the proc was nerfed seems to help alot by giving u basicly full health from your life steal since the damage is still high enugh i suppose, which gives extra sustain.

I should be on ptr today so if you have questions feel free to add me up
Reply Quote
I have more or less the same gear i wear now excpet blackthornes pants and an soj instead of leorics. I do fine can solo 2/3 uber bosses and kill most melee eleetes in under 2 mins ranged under 5.... illusionsts can gtfo imho and this is only 120k dps 3% life steal 1700 loh 750 res all 5600 armor 60k life. feel free to add me on ptr and i will give u what ever tips i can. Perhaps you are in the wrong spec. Also it is worth noting that i do die on hard !@# packs. But i dont skip them. Worst part for me really was going back to 12% movement speed. Ceratian affixes arent really a problem anymore like molten and arcane. But things like fast or plauged can be brutal because the encounters last to long and the plauges get dropped on top of one another and then stack the damage. so be sure to kite out of the plauged after it stacks too long. Also if you know your light on armor which 99.9% of us will be due to the sti nerf. phasebeasts mallet lords and a few other mobs may prove to be more than challanging. With alot of life steal if you switch to hard target than u lose the extra damage abnd in turn life steal u gain from rockin moc, so it really doesnt help at this time it would seem. The hellfire ring although the proc was nerfed seems to help alot by giving u basicly full health from your life steal since the damage is still high enugh i suppose, which gives extra sustain.

Very nice man! I took somewhat of a same approach than you but with a little tweak. Here's the best performance set-up for me in MP9-10. 121k dps. 814 resists, 5.9k armor, 45kHP, 850LOh and 2.7%LS. Weapons of choice for me were fist of aztu with 5.5% stun and The Butcher's Sickle with 20% drag/stun. The stuns, though very meager, helps me quite a bit since they buy you very precious seconds on cooldowns. Also went back to Conviction-Intimidate. And lastly, like you, the saddest part was letting go of fleetfoot for resolve :(

PS. to answer OP question, i dont think it is possible to faceroll mp10 at the moment. Personally, I'd much rather have that, than everything being so easy like now.
Edited by Luckylow#6945 on 10/8/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Joch
mp lvl 10 is a joke all it is is more hp monsters how are u having any trouble? i faceroll mp 10. honestly, if they didnt say that nado proc rate was nerfed, i wouldve never known, i cant even tell the difference

Trolled +1
Reply Quote

Very nice man! I took somewhat of a same approach than you but with a little tweak. Here's the best performance set-up for me in MP9-10. 121k dps. 814 resists, 5.9k armor, 45kHP, 850LOh and 2.7%LS. Weapons of choice for me were fist of aztu with 5.5% stun and The Butcher's Sickle with 20% drag/stun. The stuns, though very meager, helps me quite a bit since they buy you very precious seconds on cooldowns. Also went back to Conviction-Intimidate. And lastly, like you, the saddest part was letting go of fleetfoot for resolve :(

PS. to answer OP question, i dont think it is possible to faceroll mp10 at the moment. Personally, I'd much rather have that, than everything being so easy like now.

Thanks Beastmode and Lucky for the constructive feedback. That pretty much make sense. It's shouldn't be easy if not blizzard would have fail big time. MP10 is more like a challenge to push players gear and skills customization to the max. If one can faceroll mp10 just like that, how boring could that be.. Thank you again guys for sharing
Edited by Audi#6458 on 10/8/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice! I'm glad your happy. Where did you get the WKL and how much did you pay?
You caught me in dps, now I gotta find something to upgrade :)

I snipe it off AH at 1d12hr for 300mil. I was intially bidding for another one (lower stats) with 333mil buyout... Few hours before auction end someone actually buyout at 333mil instead of bidding. So I'll consider mine a gd buy as there will certainty be more demand for it. =)
Reply Quote
1. Bought a 240 vit and 90 dex blackthornes chest to boost my survivability, at the moment im still using my innas but i used it in ptr and that helped a lot.

2. Also replaced all my gems with amethysts

3. Used time of need healing mantra

4. Used pacifism instead of fleet foot (actually gives you cc invun if you have a fair bit of life regen)

After following those steps you will still NOT be able to do mp10 because blizzard are !@#$ heads and show the monk no attention

I've tried replacing inna with blackthorne set too.. Survivability - YES.. But it take just so long to down elites.. haha
Reply Quote
Stop crying and start raising your defensive stats. You went straight damage to faceroll 1.0.4. Adapt instead of crying and spend money on resists, armor, and sustain. You expect the cookie cutter "Blow Everything Up In 3 Seconds" build is going to carry you through 50mil+ HP elites?

My DH was geared with 4 piece Legacy Nats and farmed MP10 Ubers all day long on PTR. I moved all the gear back to my Monk and sold Nats and will be adjusting gear for sustain in preparation for 1.0.5 instead of crying about Barbs. Play a Barb instead if you're so depressed. I could gear mine out if I wanted. But I'm not a pansy.

with you extremly low DPS it will take you about 100 years to kill 1 white name mob in MP10 with your supposed "tank build".

gl hf with that.

at OP.

tanking MP10 wont be the main problem(of course u will still need enough armor/resist to tank it tho, but not as important as DPS). u will need atleast 500k+ DPS to farm it EFFICIENTLY.

wizzards and DHs are having ez mode in MP 10 because they can get upwards of 600k dps. as for barbs, well everything is ez mode for barbs.

so long story short, u will need to invest into a few billions in ur monk.

OR u can go take emperors trash advice and tank MP10 while taking 100 years to kill trash mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]