Diablo® III

Why isBola Shot critting before it explodes??

Hi.
Today I had an idea about a bola-shot & sharpshooter build. Then I tested it first to some zombies. Actually some random realy low damage-hits were critting when I hit the monster with the shot. It does like 1% damage of the bolashot but more of course when it crits - thus releasing "sharpshooter"...
Exact numbers: 150-200 on hit. 29k explosion. crit 400. NO crit from explosion of course because sharpshooter is already over..

What the hell is this? Looks like some mechanic to prevent me from using bolashot: imminent doom & sharpshooter. o_O I can hardly contain myself from flaming..
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 10/7/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe bola does minor damage on-hit. If you have a mob with very very low hp (I mean like 2 digits) then you should be able to shoot the bola at it and have the bola keep going to hit another target. This is based purely on my own gameplay experience and what I have seen.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
yes, looks like approx 4-5% weapon is embedded into the initial hit
2-3 initiates +20 min amulet 424 dex
= 1 white
50% crit damage is creating yellow = "2"

yah kinda sucks, but shsh is best used with LfB imo

they prob did this because in beta people didn't like waiting for piles of bones to explode, thus they gave it damage to break things instantly
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/7/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]